logo6

DONATE to MY BEAUTIFUL EYES FOUNDATION/OERML

www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/index.php/donate.html

In January 2012 I launched My Beautiful Eyes Campaign, calling for the UK government to regulate the refractive eye surgery industry.
This resulted in a surprisingly high number of people asking for my advice, and so I set up MBE Foundation, a patient advocacy service...

× Optical Express Ruined My Life - Discuss...

normal SUING OPTICAL EXPRESS

17 Mar 2014 12:22 - 17 Mar 2014 12:33 #51 by Mrshengy
Both OE and the surgeon's insurance have an excess of £20,000.

Has anyone found a solicitor who is prepared to cover this?

08 Mar 2014 14:14 - 08 Mar 2014 14:33 #52 by Anniebabes
I am now starting legal proceedings against OE after solicitors reviewed my case and decided they can represent me :P
01 Mar 2014 19:58 - 06 Mar 2014 18:25 #53 by admin
FAO anyone in litigation or pursuing refund via the Small Claims Court:

I have been advised to have the recording of my conversation with Stacey (see Facebook topic) transcribed and certified by a solicitor so it can then be used as evidence where appropriate.

Therefore, both the recording and transcript will be made available to solicitors and those seeking refunds via the Small Claims Court.
:kiss:
The following user(s) said Thank You: HazelJ
23 Feb 2014 07:34 - 01 Mar 2014 19:51 #54 by suing
Hi Mr, do you recommend any solicitors?

16 Feb 2014 11:57 - 16 Feb 2014 12:07 #55 by Mr

Merryl Roberts wrote: I have been trying to claim compensation from optical express for the last two years, but have now received a letter saying that due to them going into administration I will not be able to claim. Has anyone else had the same and is it really the end of my claim? I have had 3 years of hell since my surgery and feel that compensation is due.

All surgeons are independently insured and any solicitor failing to go after the operating surgeon in tandem with OE needs to explain this omission to you.
In my opinion OE won't be around by the end of 2014 but in the interim if their surgeons are called to account then perhaps others will think twice before risking their reputation and possibly their future career prospects.
08 Oct 2013 21:56 #56 by FYI
You haven't left any details. Suggest you email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
08 Oct 2013 17:17 - 08 Oct 2013 21:53 #57 by H
Has anyone used successful lawyer and could they put me in contact or email me the details

Thanks
20 Jun 2013 22:12 - 20 Jun 2013 22:12 #58 by admin
Nick is correct.

However, if you are already in litigation please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for information which may save your solicitor some time.
:kiss:
20 Jun 2013 20:13 #59 by Nick
Tell your lawyer to pursue their insurance company.
20 Jun 2013 14:03 #60 by Merryl Roberts
I have been trying to claim compensation from optical express for the last two years, but have now received a letter saying that due to them going into administration I will not be able to claim. Has anyone else had the same and is it really the end of my claim? I have had 3 years of hell since my surgery and feel that compensation is due.

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

© 2018 Optical Express Ruined My Life. We guarantee your anonymity unless you state otherwise. Please read our Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions of use of our website for full details.