logo6

Refractive Surgery Shock Syndrome

• OE Victim
  • OE Victim's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by OE Victim on topic Refractive Surgery Shock Syndrome

Posted 25 May 2013 19:01 #1
I hadn't heard of RSSS before and it is almost liberating to read in detail what I've experienced but been unable to explain to people who haven't gone through it themselves.

It's with a sense of relief that this is recognised as being serious enough to deserve a name!

PTSD was not recognised as a real disorder with specific symptoms that could be reliably diagnosed until 1980 when it was added to the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

This gives me hope that RSSS will be similarly recognised and it's symptoms stand as a warning to anyone considering this risky and unregulated surgery!
Last Edit:25 May 2013 19:06 by OE Victim
  • Wild Wild Eyes

Replied by Wild Wild Eyes on topic Refractive Surgery Shock Syndrome

Posted 25 May 2013 10:45 #2
I knew I could not be the only person to contemplate suicide, with panic attacks and self harm, to have stress related problems and depression, whereas I used to be so happy and healthy before my eyes were trashed.

However, I am shocked at the number of eye surgery victims to suffer in this way. It is about time ALL ophthalmologists understand what these problems do to us psychologically; research already suggests eye doctors lack empathy for their patients - this needs to change!
Last Edit:25 May 2013 10:54 by Wild Wild Eyes
  • Pandora
  • Pandora's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

Refractive Surgery Shock Syndrome was created by Pandora

Posted 24 May 2013 22:59 #3
by Pandora
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount