logo6

Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee

• frank

Replied by frank on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 01 Apr 2016 00:41 #91

Confuddled wrote: I had LASIK in 2007 at OE. I was rarely, if ever, contacted to come in for a check-up, and it was always off my back to do so. I have just recently tried to get a check-up (again without any contact from OE to book one) as my vision is worse, and I am getting regular headaches. However they have told me that I will need to pay £50 for a test!

I asked them about the "Lifetime Guarantee" that i was promised, and they mentioned that it was all in the T&Cs that it was only valid for a few years, and only for certain tests?!

I'm a carbon copy to your story. Had my surgery 6 years ago.

My visions has been getting progressively worse now for over 1 year. I'm struggling to read football scores on a television 2 metres away and I also now suffer from very bad eye floaters (like black threads or circles) when looking at white or bright things.

I'm booked in for a checkup this Sunday and have been told it's £50. The girl said it was in my terms and conditions that it was free aftercare for 3 years. This is bullsh*t as I had free checkups done after the 3 years! I am 110% sure I had it for life because it was the reason I went with them.

I don't want to pay it but I need an answer fairly soon as it's got to the stage where I think I need glasses again.
Last Edit:01 Apr 2016 08:30 by frank
  • Marco

Replied by Marco on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 31 Mar 2016 17:14 #92
Hi All,

I am having similar problems with Optical Express, who are now refusing to pay for any post care treatment, even though they have done so for the past 5 years.

I have recently received what can only be some kind of "gagging order" offer letter from Stephen Hannan which I definitely will not be signing!

I have tried desperately to find a copy of my original contract but it appears it was never given to me. Do any of you know how I can get hold of a copy or do any of you have a copy that you don't mind sharing?

Thanks all
Marco
Last Edit:01 Apr 2016 12:30 by Marco
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic FAO Maureen - urgent!

Posted 31 Mar 2016 15:37 #93

MAUREEN wrote: I have found my original paperwork and within it is a whole page devoted to 'The Optical Express Lifetime Promise'.
At Optical Express we stand behind our laser vision correction procedures and aftercare with our free Lifetime Promise.
Our Optical Express Laser Vision Lifetime Promise to you:
All necessary care and treatment following your laser vision correction procedure at Optical Express is provided free of charge and for life, subject to our Promise Terms."

Hi Mauren - and anyone else who has a copy of this - please send email with your phone number asap!
info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk :kiss:
Last Edit:31 Mar 2016 17:25 by admin
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic URGENT

Posted 30 Mar 2016 15:34 #94
FAO Optical Express customers who have recently been told that they will now have to pay for aftercare - this includes eye tests/consults/eye drops/retreatment/medication.

Please contact me asap - also if you paid for surgery at Optical Express on the understanding that your aftercare was free for life.

To: info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk
Subject: Free Lifetime Aftercare

:kiss:
Last Edit:30 Mar 2016 18:09 by admin
  • Maria

Replied by Maria on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 30 Mar 2016 06:25 #95
For anyone trying to get their original Terms and Conditions - not easy. So far I've managed to get the necessary form - after being sent an unsigned set of T&C with a content I did not recognize. Anyway - hoping to get the real thing.
OE charge £10 for the service :S
Watch this space
Last Edit:30 Mar 2016 13:15 by Maria
  • Paul

Replied by Paul on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 26 Mar 2016 18:42 #96
So, just been to OE today to collect some eye drops only to be told that I have to pay, and that check ups are chargeable. I advised the lady that I had free lifetime aftercare, at which she said that head office just decide what they do. So I called head office whilst in the store....

No joy as yet, but they promised to call back next week after Easter.

I had laser surgery in March 2013. Lifetime aftercare was one of the main reasons for choosing OE. I recall there being a statement on the OE website, but even trawling the web archives, I can't find it. I also can't find my T&Cs....

So, add me to the list. And if anyone can locate an archive of the OE page and/or T&Cs from March 2014, that would help....

Best I can find is attached (2014 Promise)

Last Edit:26 Mar 2016 18:45 by Paul
Attachments:
  • Geoff - S

Replied by Geoff - S on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 22 Mar 2016 16:40 #97
I also was told that I would get free lifetime aftercare when I had RLE surgery in 2013.

I am still suffering from dry eye and up until late last year was returning to Harley Street for a review regularly and given many different drops etc, none of which really helped that much.

However, after my last visit to Harley Street in January I have been told that I now have to pay for them.

I then asked for a copy of my signed consent document and was told I have to pay an administration fee for that too.

Last Edit:22 Mar 2016 18:43 by Geoff - S
Attachments:
  • Confuddled

Replied by Confuddled on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 21 Mar 2016 14:56 #98
I had LASIK in 2007 at OE. I was rarely, if ever, contacted to come in for a check-up, and it was always off my back to do so. I have just recently tried to get a check-up (again without any contact from OE to book one) as my vision is worse, and I am getting regular headaches. However they have told me that I will need to pay £50 for a test!

I asked them about the "Lifetime Guarantee" that i was promised, and they mentioned that it was all in the T&Cs that it was only valid for a few years, and only for certain tests?!

The Lifetime Guarantee was one of the reasons that I chose OE in the first place, and after finding this website it looks like I may not be in the minority.

I'm not sure what my next steps are now. I am certainly not going to pay £50 when I feel I am entitled to Lifetime Support. But also, as my eyes have deteriorated slightly, I was hoping for some assistance from them.
by Confuddled
  • Maria

Replied by Maria on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 21 Mar 2016 14:53 #99
I can't quite believe so many of us are experiencing this problem.

I had my procedure nearly 2 years ago. The original sale was conducted in Oxford by a very loud aggressive sales assistant who pressured me to make up my mind there and then to take advantage of the special offer which included a lifetime guarantee. My companion during the consultation and I both asked for this to be clarified. The assistant said it was such a fantastic feeling, to be able to offer a total freedom from any future costs - your eyes will be perfect and you'll get free aftercare for ever. And if there are any problems in the future - we'll just do the top up procedure to correct your vision.

They saw me coming. I paid up. And that's when this nightmare started.

We were sent to the wrong location in Reading - finally found the right place after a couple of phone calls. Apparently the woman dealing with it had had a nervous breakdown. The office was crammed with people. Once it was done, I was in so much pain I felt sick. The nurse sat me under a bright light, among other patients, with no privacy, and gave me instructions.

Having got home, I was not only in pain for days - I needed reading glasses. Nobody told me about the risks of such developments. The follow up appointments were hard to get as the Oxford branch reduced hours without any notice. And to my great frustration the staff always prioritise the new customers and leave existing ones waiting.

As a result of the surgery I suffer from dry eyes. I tried to resolve this issue with the aftercare team but they left me to it in the end, promised to call back and never did. While waiting in one of the consulting rooms, I heard clearly the same assistant selling a procedure to another customer - he was asking for details as he wanted to treat someone to it. She told him all about lifetime guarantee, same story as mine. That was last year.

I went to my GP and have been prescribed drops, to use 4 times a day, on repeat prescription and funded by the NHS. That hardly seems fair. I have to pay for reading glasses. So much for the 'new you without glasses or lenses’.

I have also been suffering from blurred vision and headaches, and feel my vision is not as good as it was. Today I attempted to make an appointment for my 2 year check up as part of the lifetime guarantee. The assistant told me my free aftercare period was coming to the end and I was entering the chargeable aftercare period, £50 a pop.

I quote Stuart:
'Okay as I have said it is a lifetime of aftercare we offer but it does state that this may be chargeable after a period of time. This is outlined in the terms and conditions of your treatment.'

I looked at my paperwork and at no point it states that. I would never have paid for such poor and arbitrary deal. I may be naive but I'm not stupid.

I have asked to be contacted by the customer service to get a copy of the terms and conditions they are quoting from - and I understand there will be a charge for this.

I was promised a safe and generous package of services but received a substandard and limited equivalent. Can anyone help? I feel out of my depth!

Thanks
Maria
Last Edit:21 Mar 2016 15:49 by Maria
  • H

Replied by H on topic Not free anymore??!?

Posted 17 Mar 2016 13:32 #100
I'm currently having the same issue with OE free lifetime aftercare now trying to charge me. I can't find my terms and conditions to prove my case though. Does anyone have an original copy of their T&C's that I could use?
Last Edit:17 Mar 2016 15:19 by H
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount