logo6

Reply: Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

Attachments

Allowed file extensions : jpg, jpeg, gif, png, Maximum File Size : 1 MB Maximum Image File Size : 1 MB
Add Files...
You can drop files here or use the add files button.

reCaptcha

Topic History of: Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• jacky1959
16 Feb 2021 12:42

Hi. I had my replacement lenses in February 2015 (6 years ago) they were perfect until last March when I started to feel my right eye was not right , very blurred so as it was lockdown I made an appointment for a test with my local optician.and paid £26 for a scan He had no real knowledge of Lens replacement but was concerned enough to ring the hospital and get me in for am urgent appointment the next day with the local eye clinic . At the clinic it was apparent non of the staff thought it was worth mentioning that had replacements ad the russian doctor told me he needed to do a cataracts op and would do it urgently. A year later Ive heard nothing. This is now affecting work badly so yesterday I rang Optical express who suggested I pay £20 at local branch (which im doing tomorrow). or pay £100 to go to the clinic. She said if you have to have more treatment the £100 will be deducted from the costs. I explained I had a lifetime guarantee like everyone else. She said oh no thats not valid anymore. After 3 years of perfect eyesight I threw my beautiful glossy large folder away as I didnt expect anything to go wrong so I have no proof of this. Can you help in any way?
————————————-
admin: Send email to sasha@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk :kiss:

• anr
01 Feb 2021 09:58

Hello, I had laser surgery in 2012 and my eyes have reverted back. I have contacted them as I want my eyes checking and a reason why but they want to charge me £100.

I have accessed the 2013 cached version of their website which confidentially states:
Laser eye surgery is permanent. It is a permanent correction of your current prescription but your eyes can continue to change with age. Most people will not need glasses again to correct their distance vision. As part of the natural ageing process our eye sight changes from around the age of 45. Even people who have enjoyed good vision throughout their life will then require reading glasses.

I do not have my original T+C's. Does anyone have a copy from this time or the brochure? I have seen a scan of the brochure on a previous thread but the text isn't readable.

Thanks very much.

• IJC
20 Nov 2020 15:29

Just found out I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. Had laser surgery with Optical Express 11 years ago and was promised free lifetime aftercare.
I got free aftercare, check ups and eye drops for a few years and then my eyes were fine for a while but now my vision is blurring again.
I called them today to make an appointment for a check up with a view to getting my eyes re zapped, and they tell me that I've never had free aftercare and I will have to pay again for check ups and future surgery! They are total scam artists. I've complained to my local MP, trading standards and Rip off Britain.
admin: You would be insane to let them (or anyone else) 'zap' your eyes again, so I count you lucky that they're not keeping their guarantee. However, you have a right to pursue this, and should send a Subject Access Request to OE for your records.

I would normally offer to help you, but I will never enable anyone to undergo this risky surgery, be it first or second time.

Don’t waste your time with Rip Off Britain, who broadcast an ‘exposé’ about Optical Express in Oct 2017, having filming an interview with me at their Manchester studios, and with a number of OE damaged patients I had introduced them to. Unfortunately the end product was so biased: they dropped the worst cases, cut me out entirely (claiming no time, but giving exceptionally lengthy time to a written right of reply from OE), no mention of lack of regulation and MBEF campaign, and the piece verged on an advertorial for the industry. Details in the BBC | News topic thread.

ROB scheduled a second piece for broadcast in August this year, interviews with damaged OE lens exchange patients recorded - cancelled at the last minute without explanation
:kiss:

• Col janes
08 Oct 2020 19:17

Email dpo@opticalexpress.com
That’s the data protection officer.
Tell them you want a copy of your original paperwork. They send you a basic form which you complete and return.
They have to provide the info by law.

To: stephenhannan@opticalexpress.com

Dear Mr Hannan,

Subject access request

This email constitutes a written request under the Data Protection Act 2018 for all my data held by Optical Express to which I am entitled under the Act. This requires that you search your filing systems and email records.

If you require any further information to enable you to process this request please advise by return.
Please note that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 2018 should be responded to within 30 days.

If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at ico.org.uk

The ICO have advised that my emailed request is sufficient as long as it identifies who I am and a hard copy signature unnecessary.

Sincerely
Name
Address

• Kimiko90
04 Mar 2020 14:22

Can anyone help? My parted had laser eye surgery in 2009 and was promised life time after care! For a few years after he usto get dry eyes and he could just walk in and they would provide him with eye drop for this with no appointment made. He now is being told that his lifetime aftercare has been cancelled because they no longer offer this and they can just change this as it is in the terms and conditions. He has never been made aware that his aftercare plan had been changed or that they could just change this as this is what he paid for? His eyes have now deteriorated and now needs glasses.. surely it should be on his file somewere on the system that he has lifetime aftercare as he wouldn’t have been able to walk in and get free eye drops many years after? Can anyone help with this??

• john Binnie
10 Apr 2019 13:28

I was also promised free lifetime aftercare but since the operation have repeatedly been told that it was for 12 months thereafter.
My eyesight is a nightmare, I don't enjoy night driving or looking at screens. My eye has swollen up due to eye strain on a number of occasions since the operation and doing day to day tasks that I used to take for granted is now difficult. It's affected my mood and motivation.
I feel getting honest help with this is time-consuming and fruitless that in turn compounds my situation.
Has there been a class action taken against Optical Express?
Or does anyone have access to a lawyer that has previously had a successful result when dealing with this?
Finger's crossed,

John Binnie

Attachments:

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount