logo6

Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee

• Charlotte C

Replied by Charlotte C on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 15 Mar 2016 13:29 #101
I am going through the same problem at the minute, I had surgery 2 years 10 months ago and have just been advised by OE I need glasses again, I suffer with dry eyes to the point I have to put drops in at least once an hour every day and get woken up every night several times with sharp pain as my eyes are dry. I go to OE every month and pick up 3 bottles of drops and have just been told I know have to pay!!

I am devastated and so upset that not only do I have to wear glasses but I have to pay for drops :(

Can anyone on here recommend someone I can talk to about trying to get my money back or even my after-care for free as promised?
Last Edit:21 Mar 2016 15:49 by Charlotte C
  • Mr Grumpy

Replied by Mr Grumpy on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 14 Mar 2016 11:48 #102
Have been reviewing this site for many months but stayed quiet until now.

If just 1 or 2 people were claiming that they had been guaranteed lifetime aftercare, you could assume they may have misunderstood what they were told but with this many people all stating they were verbally promised this, despite what the T&C's state, surely they cannot all be wrong?!

Just under 2 years post-op RLE I need to book a follow up appointment as having problems with eyes again, and I am fully expecting them to say that they will charge me for this. I was also promised lifetime aftercare, and my partner whom had laser surgery several years earlier was also promised this. We were both in attendance at her pre-op consultations and mine, and we both recall the verbal guarantee. As many others have stated in their posts, it was one of the "securing" statements that assured us of peace of mind after surgery and that made us willing to go ahead.

There must be some come-back on this, OE cannot hide behind their T&C's when so many OE consultants are selling these operations with promises of free lifetime aftercare. And let's face it, none of us would have been convinced about this aftercare if we had been informed from the outset that it wasn't free!!

To both myself and my partner, back in the naïve pre-op days, this was one of the main selling points that distinguished OE from the other high street opticians out there.

Are there any legal eagles out there who could advise?
Last Edit:15 Mar 2016 13:33 by Mr Grumpy
  • Jimmy B
  • Jimmy B's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 21

Replied by Jimmy B on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 12 Mar 2016 10:32 #103
Mr Singh, I would think you qualify for the 20/20 vision or your money back!

uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.opticalexpress.co.uk

Oh but just one point, an Optical Express surgeon will decide whether you have 20/20, get it?

Not that it is much compensation for losing your sight.

These people operate like double glazing salesmen so I would not hold your breath for them to honour the money back guarantee.

Good luck.
Last Edit:12 Mar 2016 12:27 by Jimmy B
Attachments:
  • Mr Singh

Replied by Mr Singh on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 10 Mar 2016 11:30 #104
Hi all,

This is my first time using a forum because I just felt like I had to respond!

I had laser eye surgery with Optical Express in February 2014.

Today, I woke up with blurred vision in one eye so thought I should book an appointment.

To my horror, I was told that since I am outside the "24 months T&Cs", I will have to pay for all checkups, eye drops and corrective procedures.

However, I am 100% sure that at the time this was sold to me in December 2013, I was promised free lifetime aftercare. This was the only reason I chose to go with OE.

I have now had to pay £10 to have a copy of T&Cs sent to me because I cannot believe that I have been duped into signing something but been verbally told something else!

I have also contacted Watchdog (and advise others to do the same). I am also searching for lawyers in this field to take legal action against OE.

Should anybody else have some ideas/tips, please get in touch.
Last Edit:10 Mar 2016 11:40 by Mr Singh
  • Jimmy B
  • Jimmy B's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 21

Replied by Jimmy B on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 01 Mar 2016 12:21 #105
Optical Express invited me to an appointment in February 2015 as I’ve had terrible problems following Lens Replacement. I needed an explant but still have problems.

I am seeking further advice and have asked OE for a copy of my February examination results, for which David Moulsdale's despicable little lapdog Stephen Hannan wanted to charge me £50.

They hate me because I asked for a refund and to meet Hannan to discuss why I was given the wrong operation, and I won't just go away - I'll never go away!

You need to realise that Optical Express don't care about their patients, all that matters is pushing as many new customers through the system as possible to keep their cash cow going.
Last Edit:01 Mar 2016 13:10 by Jimmy B
  • Kelly

Replied by Kelly on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 26 Feb 2016 09:03 #106
I have had three procedures with Optical Express - first in May 2008, then an enhancement in 2009 and a further procedure in 2013.

I have suffered terribly with dry eyes ever since the first procedure and have had enough! They now want to charge me for aftercare. I feel I have just been led on and fobbed off now - they sent me for further procedures knowing it would make my eyes worse, and telling me things would definitely improve as I was young.

Does anyone have a copy of the aftercare guarantee from around 2007/8/9?
Last Edit:26 Feb 2016 11:36 by Kelly
  • GeorgeAmy

Replied by GeorgeAmy on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 22 Feb 2016 15:55 #107
Did anyone get any further regarding the lifetime aftercare??? OE are also trying to charge me £50 when I was promised free tests after surgery. Where do we stand?
Last Edit:22 Feb 2016 16:12 by GeorgeAmy
  • Ollie

Replied by Ollie on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 04 Feb 2016 19:08 #108
I have had a laser eye procedure from OE I called a OE clinic to book a eye test as my eye sight has deteriorated. Much to my surprise I was told I have to pay £50,
I then asked what about my life time aftercare? I was told that the 'terms and conditions' had been changed.
My question is, How can they get away with this? Its surely misleading and miss-sold, "lifetime aftercare guarantee" first point "lifetime" well I'm still in that period I'm not dead yet, second point "guarantee" ( Here is a definition from a business point of view of the word.... if a ​company guarantees a ​product or ​service, it gives a written promise to ​return the customer's ​money or ​repair or ​exchange the ​product if there is a problem with it within a particular ​period) the period that was stated was "lifetime", as guaranteed to me...
Well its not a guarantee if they can change their mind at their convenience. Under this they must be in breach of contract?
And something could surely be done to right the wrong in this for all the people they have mislead and let down.
Let's say I decided not to pay after my procedure, That would be a breach of contract and they would take me to court, so why is it ok for them to breach the contract?
If anyone knows were we all stand on a legal ground please let me know, maybe a class act is needed.
Last Edit:22 Feb 2016 16:12 by Ollie
  • Alex jacks

Replied by Alex jacks on topic Aftercare not free as promised!

Posted 21 Jan 2016 12:30 #109
I have been told today that my yearly eye test will cost me £50!
Life time after care? I think not!
Last Edit:21 Jan 2016 12:34 by Alex jacks
  • Caro

Replied by Caro on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 11 Jan 2016 12:15 #110
Obviously OE and Optimax have similar "life time guarantees". I have had almost 9 years of paying for all my eye drops/medication/treatment after my Optimax disaster. They even lied to my GP in order to avoid paying for treatment with an osteopath for eye/head pain. My expenses are endless while Russell Ambrose wastes his money fighting Sasha, instead of working with her and using the money to help those whose eyes his company has trashed.
Last Edit:11 Jan 2016 12:21 by Caro
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount