logo6

Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee

• Ktj1991

Replied by Ktj1991 on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 25 Mar 2014 19:40 #121
I had short sighted vision since I was 14 and when I turned 20 decided to go for laser eye surgery. My prescription at the time I believe was -2.00 and -2.25.

I was told I was the ideal candidate for wavefront LASIK surgery and that I would have 20/20 vision and not need glasses until I was older and required reading glasses. I was also told less than 1% of people had to go back for secondary treatment, but it was people with really bad vision, so I went ahead and booked.

I went through the procedure fine and my eyes have been okay - besides night glare whilst driving, until the start of 2014 when I noticed my vision was regressing. I booked an appointment with Optical Express, which I had today where I have been advised that my short sight had returned in both my eyes and my only options were to either have secondary treatment, free depending on my contract, or just to wear glasses/ contacts. The optom also stated he wanted to see me again in 3 months to see if my eyes had changed anymore. Knowing that I was short sighted I was not offered any glasses or contacts leaving the clinic!

I asked why this had happened and he told me it's like growing taller or feet sizes changing and that my eyes have just changed again - possibly gotten bigger. This has left my wondering what I actually spent my £2000 + on if it wasn't to have guaranteed 20/20 vision.

The optom told me there was nothing he could do and that I would have to ring Optical Express HQ to see if I was entitled to free secondary enhancement. I spoke to the customers team who confirmed I had 4 years upon having surgery to have corrective surgery. I then asked her what other alternatives would they offer me if I didn't want to go ahead with more surgery and her answer was quite bluntly put - nothing! She said that was no guarantee that I would have perfect lifetime vision even though Optical Express' marketing suggests otherwise!

I am now at a loss as to what to do, feeling quite confused and depressed that I have just wasted £2000 for less that 2 years 20/20 vision.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2014 22:56 by Ktj1991
  • Springy eyes

Replied by Springy eyes on topic Confused

Posted 11 Mar 2014 20:24 #122
Hi I'm just after some advice.

Just over 3 years ago I had the top wavefront treatment at a cost of £3500. I had about 5 aftercare appointments, but that was it, no yearly reminder for a check up, nothing.

About 6 months ago I noticed a decline in my vision, so I thought I would get in touch and ask them check my eyes. After numerous attempts to get an appointment, turning up and having to wait hours as the optician had not arrived, I was seen about a month ago.

I was told I need an enhancement and I would have to pay for it! I was told to make an appointment, by phone for a checkup in 3 weeks. After being messed about with an appointment I finally got seen 8/3/14 by a different optician.

Sitting in the chair I noticed from the off the optician was uncomfortable. Checeing my eyes she was answering the questions for me before I could speak and saying that I would have to pay.

While I was reminding her about the poor service I've had and don't see why i should have to pay, she then stated that I would not be able to have the wavefront again because the flap had been in place for 3 years. The treatment I would have is a lens put in for 4 days and it will take about a week to heal. Tbh I really don't know what's correct or not.

Can anyone advise?
Last Edit:11 Mar 2014 23:09 by Springy eyes
  • Dee dee

Replied by Dee dee on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 01 Feb 2014 18:21 #123
I've just been for another sight test, as after 3 1/2 years vision has deteriorated , said I would need to phone HO as think I have a 4 year guarantee, as they only changed it to 3 in 2012! WTF
Think I will insist on glasses not more surgery ..... They sold me the life time thing too.

One more thing I've picked upon today in there terms & conditions you must have a sight test with optical express every two years, now myself and one other person, has never had a reminder to go get checked other than going after having vision trouble. Hmmm, maybe they don't want you to have the check up Incase has to give you a free enhancement ?
by Dee dee
  • Mic

Replied by Mic on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 09 Jan 2014 18:04 #124
Don't risk laser again. Just wear glasses it's much better than surgery!
Last Edit:09 Jan 2014 18:21 by Mic
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic FAO Nina

Posted 09 Jan 2014 16:14 #125
Pls send email to:
info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk
:kiss:
by admin
  • Nina

Replied by Nina on topic Regression... where do I stand?

Posted 09 Jan 2014 15:05 #126
I had laser eye surgery almost 4 years ago now. When I had it done, they rushed everything through, and I had an awful experience, ended up at my local A&E in absolute agony having panic attacks (which I had never suffered from before). My vision has become far far worse since the surgery and I also suffer from halos and starbursts at night.

Yesterday I had a consultation when they confirmed that my eyesight has severely regressed and I was told that my only option is to have the surgery again. I am absolutely terrified of the very thought of this and really don't know what to do.

But if I don't have the surgery again, I'm actually in a worse position with my vision than before surgery.

I am absolutely terrified and don't want to go through surgery again, but at the same time wonder if it would be stupid just to cut my losses.

Does anyone know where I stand with this? The best solution for me would be to have a reasonable proportion of my money back, cost almost £2600, and just go and buy some glasses (I am really that scared of having the procedure done again), but they told me over the phone that it's not possible.

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.
Last Edit:09 Jan 2014 16:13 by Nina
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by on topic What Lifetime guarantee

Posted 26 Feb 2013 11:14 #127
By all means insist on glasses for correction but don't accept any strings attached like a 'gagging order'! As to me and countless others OE probably told you that you would not need glasses after surgery, other than off the shelf readers. They make a point of this by displaying large perspex boxes of discarded glasses in their clinics.
Last Edit:09 Jan 2014 16:00 by
  • Poppy
  • Poppy's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by Poppy on topic What Lifetime guarantee

Posted 21 Feb 2013 13:22 #128
I am not able to offer much help other than to say PLEASE DO NOT RISK FURTHER SURGERY WITH THIS COMPANY.
They are unscrupulous, unethical, money grabbing charlatans.
by Poppy
  • Thank you received: 0

Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee was created by

Posted 21 Feb 2013 12:55 #129
I had Laser eye surgery performed in August 2004 and told I had a lifetime guarantee.

I went for an eye test at Optical express MK on 15 Feb as I was having problems with my vision which I have had for about 6 months but it had been fine up until then.

They said that my left eye had weakened and I would have to comeback for a free consultation today.

When I arrived I said to the lady behind the counter, Eva Rogers, that I had signed a lifetime guarantee and she immediately went on the defensive, saying they only give 4 year guarantees not lifetime, which started to get my back up as she reminded me of one of those crooked double glazing salesmen who gave 10 years guarantee but the company normally folded after 5 years.

I then had to hang about for two hours until the optician gave me an eye test playing the good cop against Eva's bad one!

She said that I could do with finding my paperwork and that the surgery to laser the left eye would be £1300 but I would get a 10% discount as I have had it done before - whoopee!

I must say I left before Eva gave me her run down on further costs and I never thought that my eyes would feel like a used tyre at a Budget tyre company.

HELP!
Last Edit:01 Feb 2021 13:48 by
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount