logo6

Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee

• catrin

Replied by catrin on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 11 May 2016 13:31 #71
OMG I'm so HAPPY I found this!!!
I had my eyes lasered in 2009 and have used the instant chat twice now to book an appointment just for a check up.My eyes cost over £5k!!! I was promised free eye tests for life. Now I get told its £50 and isn't in my terms and conditions???? this is SO wrong!!
by catrin
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic 5 May - A Spokesman Said...

Posted 06 May 2016 11:04 #72
Another Jenga brick pulled out of the very unstable OE tower methinks :kiss:

Please share update on Twitter/Facebook: www.aspokesmansaid.com/healthcare/storie...care-for-life-claims
Last Edit:06 May 2016 11:14 by admin
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic 4 May - A Spokesman Said...

Posted 06 May 2016 10:55 #73
Last Edit:06 May 2016 11:00 by admin
Attachments:
  • Neil Cleveland

Replied by Neil Cleveland on topic Lifetime after care no longer exists

Posted 30 Apr 2016 14:51 #74
I don't think anyone actually gets a copy of the terms and conditions mentioning the lifetime guarantee when you sign up for it, we kept everything we were given in the folder they supplied but there is no copy of terms and conditions in it at all :(
Last Edit:30 Apr 2016 15:39 by Neil Cleveland
  • Neil Cleveland

Replied by Neil Cleveland on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 30 Apr 2016 14:46 #75
We have just been told that my wife will now be required to pay for eye tests and products by Optical Express, we were told when we signed up for the treatment in Nov 2013 that we were not to worry as the treatment was covered by their Free Lifetime Aftercare Guarantee and so far they have honoured this for the past 2 years and 5 months. I understand that they are in financial difficulties to the tune of £30 million to RBS but was this guarantee underwritten by anyone to protect us?
by Neil Cleveland
  • Dev

Replied by Dev on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 22 Apr 2016 17:48 #76
I recently decided not to have laser eye surgery at OE (I was almost being forced into the surgeons chair on the day). Here's my story...

During consultation, I decided I would go for the 'top end' LASIK/iDesign procedure. They 'promised' that 12 months of aftercare and adjustments ("enhancement procedures") would be included. I was happy with these terms.

However, on reading the T&Cs, I noticed that this wasn't listed in the 'includes' clause and 'enhancement procedures' were explicitly listed in the 'excludes' section. I queried this with the surgeon, who seems surprised and referred me to the consultant. The consultant was equally as surprised and referred me to the sales advisor. The sales advisor bullied me a little, treated me like a child and then said "nobody reads the contract, it doesn't mean anything". He kept on repeating that they would provide 12 months of adjustments/aftercare and I kept on insisting that I needed this in writing (even if it was just an email). He refused to send me an email and directed me towards their head office, so I walked out.

Head office were equally as belligerent. The guy (his name was Lawrence) told me I was stupid but I tried to remain as polite as possible.

Does anyone know what these falsifying T&Cs are about?
admin: Hi Dev - was it the day of surgery that you walked out, as that is the only time you would have met the surgeon. If not it would have been the optometrist and sales counsellor. I also don't understand who they have described as a 'consultant'.
Pls send your number as I would like to discuss more off piste.

info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk :kiss:
Last Edit:22 Apr 2016 18:10 by Dev
  • Maria

Replied by Maria on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 22 Apr 2016 11:03 #77

John wrote: I was covered by these very terms and conditions...

John, similar here. Having paid my £10 to obtain my T&C, the attached list of visits is also incomplete and records of the most recent visits are removed. Some of the details are also inaccurate, on top of sending me an unsigned generic and incorrect sheet of aftercare promise - definitely not the one I was given when making the contract - the customer service is silent, and the only reply so far was an 'out of office' message. :S
Last Edit:22 Apr 2016 11:11 by Maria
  • John

Replied by John on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 22 Apr 2016 10:05 #78
I was covered by these very terms and conditions; after circumnavigating the many gate keepers when calling OE I eventually talked to a customer services associate GeraldineMurray2@OpticalExpress.com who firstly tried to tell me I wasn't entitled to lifetime eye tests and then having been shown the Ts and Cs posted on here she move stance and told me there was no record of me attending eye tests since the examinations immediately following my procedure and the eye test of last week.
Let me purposefully type this in upper case so there is no doubt in what I am saying, I HAVE BEEN TO FOUR EYE.TESTS AT OE TRAFFORD CENTRE SINCE MY INITIAL EXAMINATIONS. THEY ARE EITHER INCOMPETENT AT KEEPING RECORDS OR HAVE PURPOSEFULLY DELETED THE APPOINTMENTS TO GET OUT OF THEIR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS.

I would propose measures should be taken to get this aired on programs like watchdog then hopefully more people will come forward for a class action or similar
Last Edit:22 Apr 2016 11:10 by John
  • Maria

Replied by Maria on topic Lifetime after care no longer exists

Posted 20 Apr 2016 08:21 #79
admin: Pls would you send your number as am confused about the names - are you Ruth or Maria?
:kiss:

Ruth M wrote: In 2007 I had laser eye surgery at Optical Express and was promised lifetime after care, including free eye tests, and until this year these have been conducted at Meadowhall branch in Sheffield without problem.

But on the 19th March, AFTER I had my test, they told me the policy had changed and I had to pay £30. I did not pay and walked out.

Below is the chain of correspondence I've exchanged with OE:

NB: Two letters missing here

Their claimed Terms and Conditions:

My informed consent - these are two separate documents with different codes (see bottom left of each)

Having paid my £10 for the copy of original Terms and Conditions signed before treatment I found myself enraged to find that I'd been sent the expected, signed and initial Informed Consent pages and an unsigned generic T&C page reflecting the NEW terms, not the ones I signed or agreed to. As the lifetime aftercare was the main reason I chose OE for my treatment - I was clearly mis-sold. This cannot be right. Does anyone out there know the best way to challenge this?
Last Edit:20 Apr 2016 16:29 by Maria
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 18 Apr 2016 12:38 #80
Over the last few weeks I have been inundated with emails from people complaining that OE are now refusing to provide the lifetime aftercare they were promised when they were sold surgery.

If you have a copy of OE's written promise of lifetime aftercare please contact me urgently: info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk

Even those who have received free aftercare for more than 3 years are now being told that this was a ‘goodwill gesture’ and it should only have been for 12 months, while one customer was shocked to be told that a free ‘enhancement’ promise was only valid for 3 months post surgery!

Horrifying that a new car comes with a 3-5 years guarantee while OE sell surgical procedures they obviously believe may only be good for less than 12 months! I’ve always compared the high street method of selling eye surgery with used car sales and this supports what I say as a used car will be lucky to get a 12 months warranty!

If you have same issues please contact me and post details here :kiss:
Last Edit:18 Apr 2016 14:16 by admin
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount