logo6

OE Flyer.

• Pandora
  • Pandora's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Pandora on topic Harassment

Posted 26 Aug 2013 21:25 #1
It seems Optical Express have not changed their modus operandi one iota over the years!

"nadkim
1 Oct 2011
this is optical express, although we have asked on several occassions to be taken off their phone list they havent, so last time they rung they were told that to take this as final warning as the next time they phone they will be up on harrassment charges"

whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/08702202020/12
Last Edit:26 Aug 2013 21:29 by Pandora
  • LOL

Replied by LOL on topic Och aye the noo!

Posted 26 Aug 2013 21:16 #2
Is McOptom Scottish for Optom :silly:
Last Edit:26 Aug 2013 21:17 by LOL
  • adversary
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by adversary on topic OE Flyer : 20/20 OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!

Posted 26 Aug 2013 15:56 #3
I received the '20/20 or your money back' flyer on 12 July 2013.

This is despite several formal requests to be removed from OEs marketing database!!

I received this message from Stephen Hannan stating that I had been removed from the database on 1 July 2013:

"Dear Mrs____
Thank you for your recent email which was addressed to our Chief Executive Officer.

I note from our records that our Marketing Manager sent you an email of response dated Monday 1st July. Within the content of the response email, an apology was offered and confirmation given that no further marketing literature would be sent to you.

As the most senior patient interface for the Optical Express group, I wish to take this opportunity to echo the apologies afforded by my colleague and to confirm that you will not be sent any further marketing communications.

We now consider this matter to be closed.

Yours sincerely,
Stephen Hannan MCOptom
Clinical Services Director
Optical Express
"

Yet I am still getting 'win laser eye surgery' offers - insulting and unacceptable!

Matter NOT closed Mr Hannan :angry:
Last Edit:26 Aug 2013 21:31 by adversary
  • Wiseman

Replied by Wiseman on topic PROFESSOR Steve Schallhorn

Posted 10 Aug 2013 18:49 #4
Dr Schallhorn's title is US bestowed where senior university academics are often called 'professor' simply meaning 'teacher' with no value in the UK.

OE's bio refers to him as a "visiting professor of medicine at Harvard, USC, UCSF, and Baylor Universities."
www.opticalexpress.us/lasik/dr-steve-schallhorn.html

"In the United States and Canada the title of professor is granted to most scholars with doctorate degrees or equivalent qualifications (typically Ph.D.s)"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visiting_scholar
Last Edit:10 Aug 2013 18:50 by Wiseman
  • Curious

Replied by Curious on topic PROFESSOR Steve Schallhorn

Posted 09 Aug 2013 23:48 #5
Can anyone tell me if Steve Schallhorn's title of 'Professor' is UK or US bestowed?
Last Edit:09 Aug 2013 23:49 by Curious
  • Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nick on topic OE Flyer.

Posted 05 Aug 2013 18:03 #6
No doubt OE will spin those people out whom don't achieve 20/20, telling them, "give it time", "all patients heal differently", or "your old prescription still remains, we can re-treat you".

If OE are charging £50 for somebody to get hold of their own medical records, you can guarantee there will a a fat chance you will ever be refunded.
by Nick
  • LOL

Replied by LOL on topic OE Flyer.

Posted 05 Aug 2013 15:10 #7

Confused wrote: Optical Express has announced that it will give its customers a full refund if they do not achieve 20/20 vision or better following laser eye surgery using iDesign iLASIK.
Dr Steve Schallhorn, chief medical director and chairman of the Optical Express International Medical Advisory Board, said the money-back offer underlined the confidence the company has in its technology and the abilities of its staff.

As if anyone can believe what proven liar Steve Schallhorn says!!
Read his letter in Topic : LONDON DEMO/PROTEST 01 Aug 2013 12:29
by LOL
  • Confused

Replied by Confused on topic OE Flyer.

Posted 05 Aug 2013 14:56 #8
www.optometry.co.uk/news-and-features/news/?article=4964

August 5 2013
Optical Express has announced that it will give its customers a full refund if they do not achieve 20/20 vision or better following laser eye surgery using iDesign iLASIK.

Dr Steve Schallhorn, chief medical director and chairman of the Optical Express International Medical Advisory Board, said the money-back offer underlined the confidence the company has in its technology and the abilities of its staff.

“Laser eye surgery has been performed for more than 20 years in the UK and the procedures and technology have come a long way in that time,” he explained.

“From audited clinical outcomes we have seen that over 99% of our patients achieved 20/20 or better vision following laser eye surgery, and that has given us the confidence to be able to now offer prospective patients their money back if for any reason we cannot achieve that standard for them.”

I repeat: "20/20 vision does not mean perfect vision or even good vision. This is a common misconception!" :dry:
by Confused
  • anon

Replied by anon on topic MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

Posted 14 Jul 2013 18:50 #9
Message for Optical Express: can you ensure that whoever "manages" your patients database details does not send these marketing offers to patients already damaged by your company!

Inappropriate & rubbing salt in the wound!
Last Edit:05 Aug 2013 15:01 by anon
  • Tommy_Jones
  • Tommy_Jones's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Tommy_Jones on topic OE Flyer.

Posted 14 Jul 2013 18:49 #10
by Tommy_Jones
Attachments:
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount