logo6

Deposit Refunds

• Thomas Skelton

Replied by Thomas Skelton on topic Refunded!

Posted 09 Sep 2015 19:02 #401
After ringing a number that Sasha provided to me, I expressed my anger and got through to a girl that took my card details and processed my refund. I received an official OE email saying I will receive funds within 3-5 working days, which hopefully occurs!

Thanks Sasha for all your help! What a star!
Last Edit:09 Sep 2015 19:05 by Thomas Skelton
  • Pat

Replied by Pat on topic Interest on our money!

Posted 09 Sep 2015 12:04 #402
The good news is, my husband reported this to his credit card company on the day he was told it would take 28 days to do the refund. They marked the payment as being in dispute which means we are not being charged interest. He contacted them again yesterday after being told of the "technical difficulties" and they are going to pursue it on his behalf. When he told the credit card chap that he had nothing in writing about the 28 days, he replied "why am I not surprised?"
Watch this space for updates.
Last Edit:09 Sep 2015 12:12 by Pat
  • Pat Williams

Replied by Pat Williams on topic Interest on our money!

Posted 08 Sep 2015 14:27 #403
Well my husband has just contacted them after 28 working days and guess what? They have technical difficulties and it will take another two weeks to refund nearly £1400. They have said they will get the card details from the store and will confirm by phone and e-mail when the refund has been made........more lies no doubt.
Last Edit:09 Sep 2015 12:07 by Pat Williams
  • Thomas Skelton

Replied by Thomas Skelton on topic Decided Against Surgery!

Posted 07 Sep 2015 18:12 #404
After cancelling my proposed laser eye surgery the day after booking it (my prescription wasn't stable, therefore I wanted to hold off), I rang optical express explaining to them my decision. They said I was due to receive my deposit of £395 by Wed 19th August (28 working days). I have contacted OE twice since then, and have received the same excuse as to why my deposit hasn't been refunded, internal problem etc etc. They said I would receive a phonecall within days on both occasions, but unsurprisingly, I didn't. After today, it will be 14 working days since the 28 working day deadline, so 42 in total! The customer service from optical express is an absolute farce, I have received no contact from them, and have been lied to for weeks now. I'm spreading the word to many of my family and friends, some of whom are thinking of laser eye surgery, to stay well away from OE! They're a disgrace
Last Edit:08 Sep 2015 10:38 by Thomas Skelton
  • Jenna Ross

Replied by Jenna Ross on topic Decided Against Surgery!

Posted 26 Aug 2015 20:35 #405
Hello I finally got my deposit back after chasing. It took 26 days. I don't know why it takes this long but I finally have it. Thanks Sasha
by Jenna Ross
  • CoMo

Replied by CoMo on topic 28 days for refund

Posted 26 Aug 2015 18:56 #406
Following Sasha's advice I have just raised a case with my credit card company who were very understanding and will commence the dispute procedure immediately. They agreed with Sasha that there is no justification for holding on to my deposit for 28 days. I checked the OE T&Cs and it actually says 28 days "after seeing a surgeon". We never even got that far before cancelling.
Last Edit:26 Aug 2015 19:54 by CoMo
  • CoMo

Replied by CoMo on topic 28 days for refund

Posted 26 Aug 2015 17:52 #407
I am Just over a week into a deposit refund process from OE, which they have advised will take 28 days. I note from previous reports on your website that this is unlikely to happen and that it will probably require constant chasing. The cancellation was made within 48 hours of paying the £500 deposit and before the second level consultation to agree consent. I paid with a credit card and would appreciate any advice you can give on how I should play this out, or should I just be patient and hopeful. Thanks.
Last Edit:26 Aug 2015 17:57 by CoMo
  • thi thuy dung nguyen

Replied by thi thuy dung nguyen on topic Decided Against Surgery!

Posted 20 Aug 2015 12:25 #408
Hello on 17/8/2015, I made a £400 deposit for laser eye surgery at the Optical Express Eastcheap store. But after 2 hours I changed my mind because I went home and looked at the internet and found so many bad reviews. I called them up for the refund but every single time they kept telling me they would call me back but no one did. And after reading so many complaints here I’m really worried that I wont be able to get the refund. Can you please help me out? Thanh you so much.
Last Edit:20 Aug 2015 12:32 by thi thuy dung nguyen
  • Craig

Replied by Craig on topic 2 Months+

Posted 19 Aug 2015 18:34 #409
Been waiting for more than 2 months at this point, same excuses every time from the customer service and purchasing departments. They keep promising to call me back and ask for card details but its just not happening.

I was really up for eye surgery, but could not obtain a signature from my GP due to health concerns, the entire decision to cancel the surgery was out of my hands and yet still I don't get my deposit back.

End of my tether with OE. Unbelievable.
by Craig
  • Jenna Ross

Replied by Jenna Ross on topic Decided Against Surgery!

Posted 09 Aug 2015 18:58 #410
So to update on my original post, I have had an awful experience with customer service, having been told last Sunday they would get back to me in 48 hours. I waited until Tuesday and was then told I would have to wait until Wednesday for someone to be in touch for my bank details. On Wednesday I phoned again at around 3pm to ask when someone was going to be in touch and was promised someone would phone by 5.30pm. Surprise surprise no one phoned! I phoned again at 5.40pm and was told the banking department had gone home.
I was then emailed and told I would receive a refund in 28 working days. I said this isn't good enough and even after phoning Lyndsey Shaw and other heads, was still told it had to be 28 working days. I do not understand where this comes from because if you go into any other shop the refund is immediate. They obviously just want to keep our money to accumulate interest.
If others who posted here such as John Mitchell, Fran Grace and Carolyn Hume can get their money back immediately after complaining then why can't I?
I may need to post on Which? about this and if all else fails I’ll have no choice but to go to their store every day and create a fuss until they give it back to me!!!

conversation.which.co.uk/consumer-rights...er-eye-surgery-terms
Last Edit:09 Aug 2015 19:41 by Jenna Ross
Attachments:
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount