logo6

Deposit Refunds

• Ryan Fletcher

Replied by Ryan Fletcher on topic Decided Against Surgery!

Posted 18 Jun 2015 15:38 #431
Hi
My name is Ryan Fletcher I have recently had dealings with Optical Express Cardiff. I know my issues are not as important as some cases where people's health and life have been effected by this company.... my problem is I payed a £400 deposit and was going to clear my balance left, but I did have issues with a scar birthmark on my left eye so I asked to see the Dr Luca Antico who was to carry out the laser treatment. This wasn't as easy as one would think for some reason!
In my opinion it was because Optical Express wanted their hands on £4000 before they let me see the consultant. Anyway I paid the deposit and made my way back to Cardiff the next day for an appointment at 1.30pm and funnily enough didn't see the consultant until 5pm, the last customer in the building… strange again!
I really think they were hoping for me to give up and clear the balance on the Monday and turn up for surgery 3 weeks later still not having the answers to my questions about the scar.
Anyway I got to see Luca when the store was closing. He told me there's a 30 percent chance I won't get the results that I need in my left eye, and would probably need further surgery,
3 or 6 or 9 months down the line! But all well and good as the cost of further work would be on Optical Express.
What risk I asked, he said 'ummmm no more than anyone else’. Well more advice please, he said 'life's a risk’
I went home and read the horror stories here and cancelled. Now they say I can't have back my money back until the 28th of next month! Surely not?
Any advice please because this seems very odd….
Many thanks Ryan.

PS I thank my lucky stars I never had this treatment after the horror stories I am reading, stick to your glasses people!
Last Edit:18 Jun 2015 16:02 by Ryan Fletcher
  • jacky silcock

Replied by jacky silcock on topic waiting for deposit

Posted 18 Jun 2015 15:09 #432
Thanks Sasha for your advice.
I decided to ring Customer Care again and explained I would be going to Watchdog and contacting June Moulsdale if I didn't get a definite answer today. Nicola Kelly (Manager) rang be back within ten minutes to tell me my claim would be processed today.
Fingers crossed I should see the money within the next 7 days.
Last Edit:18 Jun 2015 15:11 by jacky silcock
  • jacky silcock

Replied by jacky silcock on topic waiting for deposit

Posted 16 Jun 2015 12:23 #433
Hi,

My partner and I went for lens replacement tests back in November, told we were suitable and paid £500 deposit each. When we attended Nottingham the week before our first procedure my partner was told he couldnt have it as he had a bleed behind the eye which needed investigating. This was at the beginning of February and I still havent received the deposit back. I have rung several times and told the same b******* as everyone else on here. Even yesterday they still had issues with the refunds.

Its a disgrace this is allowed to happen. Has Watchdog ever researched this?

Jacky
Last Edit:18 Jun 2015 15:10 by jacky silcock
  • John Mitchell

Replied by John Mitchell on topic Still awaiting refund

Posted 15 Jun 2015 20:39 #434
I recently went to Optical Express for laser eye surgery I put a £400 deposit down as required.
On the 7th April 2015 I attended the Birmingham clinic and repeated the initial eye tests. I went through to see the surgeon but his advice was not to have the laser eye surgery as there was only an 80% chance of success and it would only last 3 to 8 years max.
His recommendation was to consider lens replacement surgery.
I was then contacted the next day to see if I wanted to go ahead with lens replacement. I said I needed to investigate this before I would proceed.
Two weeks later I contacted OE to say I wouldn't be going ahead with the lens replacement and was told 'no problem. we will be in touch prior to your refund date.'
I contacted OE last Tuesday (9th June) and was told my refund date was 27th May. The young lady apologised for delay in payment and said there had been a computer glitch and somebody would be in touch.
One week later I'm still waiting for them to contact me. On having found this site I realise that I may be in for quite a wait.
Please could you advise me on my next course of action in attempting to get my refund back, any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated

John Mitchell
Last Edit:16 Jun 2015 12:58 by John Mitchell
  • Anu Verma

Replied by Anu Verma on topic Was told not suitable after they took my deposit!!

Posted 15 Jun 2015 16:33 #435
Hello I am not happy as I have been waiting for my £500 deposit refund for two months now and i have called up on numerous occasions to be told that somebody will contact me on various days. Nobody has yet contacted me and this is appalling!!
Last Edit:16 Jun 2015 14:28 by Anu Verma
  • Fabio G.

Replied by Fabio G. on topic Deposit not refunded after +2 months

Posted 11 Jun 2015 17:17 #436
Hello, I was due to undergo my laser eye surgery on 3 April '15 at OE's Harley Street branch. I paid £3,300 up front but on the day of the procedure I was informed by Dr Manek Patel that I was unsuitable as my cornea is very thin. I was told that I would be refunded the full amount within 28 working days. Unfortunately, after that time the money was not in my account so I called OE again, only to be told by Sandra that I had to wait another 7-10 working days for the refund!
However, 2 weeks later the refund was still not processed so I called OE again on 28 May and spoke with Sandra again. She told me that I had to wait another 7-10 working days as they had some technical problems!!!
I have run out of patience with OE as I do not understand how such a big company can hold my money for more than 2 months and get away with it. I know that I am not the only one in this situation.
Could you please help me to get my money back . I would be very grateful if Sasha could advise me on how to deal with OE (as so many people praised his help and advice on your website)
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any more info regarding my case. I am writing about it to warn other potential customers to avoid Optical Express. The service and tactics their company uses are appalling!!! I deeply regret ever contacting OE and being their customer!!!
Kind regards Fabio G. from London
Last Edit:15 Jun 2015 13:56 by Fabio G.
  • Mark Thompson

Replied by Mark Thompson on topic Refunded!

Posted 04 Jun 2015 13:55 #437
After speaking with Sasha, I took her advice and called June Moulsdale at Optical Express. I believe she's one of the directors. The very next day June sent me an email confirming my refund would be processed today.

I'm yet to see it hit my bank but I will give it the standard 3 to 5 days to clear, but I'm pretty confident I've reached the end of this dreadful experience at long last.

Thanks to Sasha and OERML.
Last Edit:04 Jun 2015 14:18 by Mark Thompson
  • Carolyn hume

Replied by Carolyn hume on topic Deposit refund

Posted 02 Jun 2015 14:04 #438
Hello Sasha,
I'm hoping that you can please help me! ... On Saturday 23rd May I paid a five hundred pound cash deposit to Optical express in Shandwick place, Edinburgh. My refractive technician "forgot" to send me the link for the Hitachi finance forms so I did not receive those until the 72 hour cooling period was over! Unfortunately, my application for finance was denied and therefore I had no option but to cancel and request a refund... When I called to explain and request my refund I was told that I would not be entitled to a refund however they would hold onto my cash and use it in lieu of future purchases of spectacles or contact lenses!!! I am absolutely livid and believe that I was intentionally stalled in order to get me past the "cooling off period" I am really hoping that you can advise me on how to get my deposit returned to me in full .... Yours hopefully!!

Carolyn Hume
Last Edit:18 Jun 2015 16:01 by Carolyn hume
  • Deniz Demiroglu
  • Deniz Demiroglu's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Deniz Demiroglu on topic Refunded

Posted 02 Jun 2015 08:28 #439
Hi everyone, hi Sasha

Great News: I wanted to let you know that on 29 May I received the complete refund of my deposit from Optical Express

I have nothing but words of gratitude to Sasha and her campaign My Beautiful Eyes. I'm completely sure that without her help, support and advice I would not have got my refund from Optical Express.

I hope you continue doing this great job Sasha!
Last Edit:02 Jun 2015 09:38 by Deniz Demiroglu
  • ninamurray smith

Replied by ninamurray smith on topic Decided Against Surgery!

Posted 02 Jun 2015 08:06 #440
OE are now refusing to refund other than to the credit card which I don’t use!!!!
I am appalled at OE and cannot believe they would even try to wriggle at this stage on such a none point
Last Edit:02 Jun 2015 08:17 by ninamurray smith
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount