Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Reply Topic: DEPOSIT REFUND

Name
Subject
Boardcode
B) :( :) :cheer: ;) :P :angry: :unsure: :ohmy: :huh: :dry: :lol: :sick: :silly: :blink: :blush: :oops: :kiss: :woohoo: :side: :S :evil: :whistle: :pinch:
Attachments
Enter code here

Topic History of: DEPOSIT REFUND

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 Feb 2018 15:18 #460

Uloma

's Avatar

The powers that be finally refunded my money on the 9th of February 2018. No extras for the delays. At least I can continue with my mums treatment. Cash was holding it up. I wish you all luck. Thank you Sasha for calling me and encouraging me.
12 Feb 2018 17:43 #459

Becky Crevald

's Avatar

I arrived for my surgery and the Consultant did not want to proceed.

I waited for the 28 days for my deposit refund which was due on the 7th Feb. I called on the 9th of Feb as no refund was received I was told it had been processed but they would check with the refund team and they would call me back - received NO call back.
So I called again today and was told there is an administration back log I asked what does that mean??? it seems a load of lies and they just want to hold on to your money with no actual commitment to when you will be paid - they said between 7 and 10 days but that is NOT good enough. I will be looking to pursue my claim under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 if I am not refunded my deposit within 48 hours.
I would urge others to review their rights under this act.!

How long does it take Tesco customer services to refund your payment if you return an item?!

There is no 'administration backlog', they earn interest on your money and hang on to it for as long as they can get away with it.

And payment should not have been taken before seeing the surgeon, so you shouldn't have to wait 28 (working) days!
07 Feb 2018 11:30 #458

Uloma

's Avatar

Latest, they wrote me an email yesterday saying they will pay and bla bla blah. No call. No apologies just as I expected. The final email yesterday said they had paid and that it will reflect 3 to 5 days. In the mean time my credit card remains in debit. This money I repeat was paid 16th of December! what about interest?!

All the complaints on twitter is mostly about Refunds, you would think they would take it seriously but they don't care. With 80% of people on trip advisor praising them, it makes nonsense of the other people who are treated really badly.

Normally I am not into complaining and throwing a tantrum online but I now know how aggrieved people feel. I now understand that people can be pushed to the wall.

I will continue to update you on how things go. Hopefully we can leave enough footprint online to ensure no-one else goes through this. A couple of people have contacted me so people are reading.
06 Feb 2018 08:08 #457

Uloma Ezirim

's Avatar

I want to be really clear to others considering Optical Express. :(
They might be fine when you visit. However if for any reason you need a refund, they will treat you badly. Please do not fall for the smart adverts. They are cowboys, surviving on kidnapped funds.
Join me and #bringbackourmoney.

From Kirsty Neilan < This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. >
To: Uloma

20 Jan at 14:59

Good afternoon Uloma,

Thank you for your email.

As advised by my colleague Lawrence [McLaughlin] our refund process can take up to 28 working days, therefor is due to leave no later than Monday 5th February.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Kirsty Neilan

Customer Services Associate I Customer Services Department

T: +44 (0)1236 795010 F: +44 (0)1236 795017

E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thank you for this page. I will dedicate my life to promoting what you do. This company really put me in a vulnerable position. Absolutely disappointed. If only people will read and learn. I will continue to scream online. No one should be put in this position at all.
05 Feb 2018 21:31 #456

Deposit Refund

's Avatar

I flew my mum in for surgery. OE came highly recommended. I paid but mum was later found to be unsuitable for surgery since the 22nd of December 2017. It is 5th Feb the deadline they gave me and they are yet to pay. I am in dire straits.nplease what do I do? Help me somebody. Paid another £3k to another hospital and they successfully carried out the lens removal. However I need the refund as mum needs more care. Please Please someone help me.
—————————————
admin: OE may contact you tomorrow after reading this - they’ll know who your mother is by the dates.
In case not, email your phone number to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. :kiss:
21 Dec 2017 17:42 #455

Niall McGuigan

's Avatar

My story is a little different but I would like to share it if possible.
I attended the optical express clinic in Belfast and was told I needed surgery to one eye, but prior to surgery I would need to take part in a contact lens trial which I agreed.
I returned for the lens trial and was told I would have to pay the £1900 up front at the start of the trial which I found strange as they did not know if I was a suitable candidate.
After a few days I went back and the results were poor and I decided myself that my vision would be impaired with the surgery so I decided against it. That was early November and as of tonight 21/12/17 I have still received no refund. When I call they said 28 days, then it was 28 working days and when that deadline passed they just tell me they will be in touch. So I would advise anyone to stay well clear.

OERML Twitter Feed