logo6

Deposit Refunds

• Meriam

Replied by Meriam on topic Full refund :)

Posted 27 Jun 2023 13:06 #21
I got my full refund back from Optical Express
Thanks Sasha
Last Edit:27 Jun 2023 13:18 by Meriam
  • Malawigirl08
  • Malawigirl08's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Malawigirl08 on topic Success!

Posted 19 Jun 2023 15:19 #22
Hi Sasha

I received my full £500 refund last week. I can't thank you enough!

Arlene
Last Edit:19 Jun 2023 15:20 by Malawigirl08
  • Tinni R

Replied by Tinni R on topic Deposit Refund refused

Posted 17 Jun 2023 07:41 #23
I recently signed up to a consultation with Optical Express in Lakeside, Thurrock. After the consultation I received persistent calls to sign up for surgery. I was finally brainwashed with offers and I signed up but asked the surgery date be end of July so that i can research as I have not had the chance to do so.

Research led me to this site and others with horrid experiences and I was sure i was not ready to take the RISK.

3 days after deposit was paid i asked for a cancellation via email and nothing had happened since except the call asking why i was cancelling. I called them and it was excuses about passing my case to the head office. This must be illegal. 😔😠

Now it a rat race to get my money back, making excuses after excuses, talking about cooling off periods. This is not a good look on Optical Express.

Please can you help me get my money back?

Timeline:
Saturday 13 May 2023 Time: 10:05
I had a confirmation of consultation at Optical Express, Lakeside -

Bombarded with phone calls afterwards me to book in but I kept telling them I needed time to research.

27th of May 17.05
I got a call from Lara-Marie Dunne yet again offering discounts and offers and I caved. I didn’t even have the £500 she was asking to deposit but said she was ok if I can pay £250.

31st May - cancellation email
I wrote to Optical Express and Lara Marie Dunne to cancel my request for surgery.

01/06/2023 - I got a phone call to discuss cancellation from Dominic or William. Yet again I confirmed my cancellation.

sasha@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk
Last Edit:17 Jun 2023 16:56 by Tinni R
  • Louise

Replied by Louise on topic Deposit Refunds

Posted 16 Jun 2023 08:43 #24
Hi,

My understanding would that I'd get a refund in 28 days. I'm now being told on 28th day that it's 28 working days. I'm sure legally it's just 28 days. Is that right?
Last Edit:27 Jul 2023 14:04 by Louise
  • Meriam

Replied by Meriam on topic Full refund refused :(

Posted 15 Jun 2023 13:31 #25
I am 45 years old and I went for a consultation for eye surgery on the 2nd March at Optical Express in Uxbridge. I was told I could have RLE surgery that would stop me ever getting cataracts. I was booked in on the 22nd June for surgery with Dr Dimitris Kazakos at White City. I paid £500 deposit and they told me someone would phone me before the day of my surgery.
I received a phone call yesterday from a man in Glasgow. He told me that he was recording our conversation. He said that I would meet the surgeon on the day of surgery, but then gave me the very worrying information that I could be left with problems for the rest of my life.
I was not happy to be called by a salesperson and not the surgeon so after the call I googled Optical Express and found this website. The stories were scary so I called back and said I wanted to cancel. The woman said she was just in the contact centre and couldn’t help but would get someone else to call me.

A man called Baljit called me today. He said it was a shame that I was cancelling and asked what had changed my mind. I told him I had seen the Optical Express Ruined My Life website and asked if he knew about it. He said he did but that the people posting on it have some confusion and are not from Optical Express because they have been treated by other clinics and surgeons. But then he gave up trying to convince me and said he could refund only £250 of my deposit.

Please can you help me get all my money back?
Thank you.
Last Edit:16 Jun 2023 12:01 by Meriam
  • Aliyah

Replied by Aliyah on topic £500 Deposit

Posted 14 Jun 2023 15:35 #26
After being told I wouldn't get my £500 back as I didn't cancel within 3 days, I reached out to Sasha.
Within a week of her help I got a full refund!!
Thank you so much Sasha!
by Aliyah
  • Malawigirl08
  • Malawigirl08's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Malawigirl08 on topic Only received half my £500 deposit

Posted 07 Jun 2023 20:24 #27
31 March
Went for laser - told I was too old at 56, had to have RLE. Told by sales person that I would not need any glasses.
Dr David Teenan called me on 24 April and told me he couldn’t guarantee I would not needing reading glasses, which was the point of upselling me lens surgery when I went for laser consultation!
After googling David Teenan's name and finding so many negatives about him and how many people he has damaged that swung it for me! I called to cancel but was told that the woman who’d sold me the surgery was no longer working there. (Polish name that I don’t remember)
A man called Graeme phoned me and said my deposit would be refunded to my account. He did not mention that it would only be half of the £500 I paid and nothing was sent to me in email.
I was missold this surgery and want my money refunding in full. Please can you help or advise me?

Last Edit:09 Jun 2023 15:44 by Malawigirl08
  • Aliyah

Replied by Aliyah on topic £500 Deposit Refused

Posted 03 Jun 2023 11:39 #28
I booked in for Laser Eye Surgery last month at Milton Keynes to have my appointment on the 21st June with Dr Sajjad Mughal. I’ve been doing some further research and now I’m completely terrified and don’t want to risk anything happening to my eyes. I called today and they said I can’t get my deposit back as I didn’t cancel within 3 days. I thought it was 30 days. Can anyone help?
Last Edit:07 Jun 2023 14:28 by Aliyah
  • Joel B

Replied by Joel B on topic Deposit Refunds

Posted 22 May 2023 08:18 #29
Got my deposit back in full thanks to Sasha! 😊
Last Edit:27 Jul 2023 13:59 by Joel B
  • Alan Webb

Replied by Alan Webb on topic Deposit Refunds

Posted 15 May 2023 17:12 #30
My story is pretty simple, my wife had lenses replaced some 12 years ago at Optical Express, as did a number of our friends and to date they ALL have some level of discomfort due to halo effect etc.

I have excellent long sight but for reading and computer work all day I need glasses, so assuming in recent years techniques and processes will have developed and improved, I recently booked a consultation on 23rd March at Sheffield Meadowhall. They advised that I am suitable for lens replacement surgery but that it will have a slight detriment to my long sight. Further, they quoted that 99.7% of patients do not suffer any long term side effects.

I explained my situation that I work overseas and return to UK every couple of months and they advised that appointments during my future planned visit were not yet open, but I should pay £500 deposit to allow me an early opportunity to secure a surgery date during my planned return trip, which I duly paid.

With time to reflect and further consider, along with discussion with my wife, I became apprehensive due to the side effects experienced by people we know and asked for a further discussion in regard to the 99.7% claimed success rate and no long term side effects, compared to the 100% of former patients known to me personally who ALL retain side effects more than 10 years after treatment.

So I requested a further discussion with their experts and I was contacted by a man (no idea who he was, but not a doctor for sure) who had no interest in anything other than reminding me that I had already signed a contract with them, and advising their legal position which meant I could lose some or all of my deposit if I did not proceed. I was far from happy with the discussion as I put the value of my sight and ensuring any treatment is correct above a paid deposit, and I advised their representative of my dissatisfaction with his approach, and suggested that if the call is recorded it should be used for their training and not how to engage with their customers. He advised the call was recorded but declined to comment upon my constructive feedback to his approach to customer service.

I no longer intend to proceed with any treatment and want to recoup my deposit, but I am unsure as to the best approach to take considering the attempts to bully and intimidate me during my last call.

Please note that I have not currently been offered an appointment for surgery.

Hoping for your positive feedback and support in dealing with these people whom I found to be at best, patronising, bullying and unscrupulous.

Kind Regards
Alan
Last Edit:18 May 2023 16:03 by Alan Webb
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount