logo6

Deposit Refunds

• Grant H
  • Grant H's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Grant H on topic Decided Against Surgery!

Posted 17 Apr 2015 06:03 #461
Update, my money has now been refunded.

Thank you Sasha for the assistance, without this forum I suspect I may have been waiting a while longer to see my money returned. :)
by Grant H
  • Grant H

Posted 15 Apr 2015 09:11 #462
Update, someone from the OE cancelations team phoned me this morning and processed my refund, it's not in my account yet, however finger crossed it shall be in the next day or two.

If not then another post here should do the trick ;)
by Grant H
  • Grant H

Posted 14 Apr 2015 11:28 #463
Firstly may I say that I wish I had found your website before I ever set foot through the doors of Optical Express, I find it completely shocking that a well known high street chain can show such utter disdain for its clients, many of whom have posted their issues on your forum.

With regards to my own circumstances, I had a consultation in the Aberdeen branch for laser eye surgery on the 28th February 2015 where after the examination the ophthalmologist advised that due to the nature of my prescription and an ongoing medical condition LASIK was not suitable, however the medication I have to take meant I was at risk of forming cataracts so I was advised that lens replacement surgery would be advisable, if not now then in the near future.

After discussion with the sales assistant at front of house where it was explained that I would be required to have an appointment in Glasgow with the Refractive Surgeon prior to my eventual surgery I decided to go ahead with the procedure, although truth be told there was never any indication from the sales assistant that I should ‘go away and think about it’. Having been told that the cost of the surgery for both eyes would be £5590 due to requiring toric lenses, I paid a deposit of £3590 by debit card leaving a balance of £2000. I was also specifically told at the time that any refunds should I decide not to go ahead with the surgery would take “up to 28 days” and not, as it appears from others posting here, up to 28 working days.

A few days later I received a phone call from Optical Express explaining that that due to my medical condition the surgeon had cancelled surgery after reviewed the results of my consultation. I then received an email from the PA at the Aberdeen branch on 6th March advising that he had spoken with their cancellation team who would be in touch with me shortly to process my refund.

Having heard nothing further I emailed the PA on 6th April, receiving a reply the same morning apologising that it has taken so long and that he would get back to me as soon as he had been in touch with cancellations again. That was the last I heard, despite sending two further emails on the 8th April and another again this morning.
Last Edit:14 Apr 2015 12:45 by Grant H
  • Jayshree Bhuptani

Replied by Jayshree Bhuptani on topic Refund update

Posted 14 Apr 2015 11:16 #464
Optical Express rang me and said that they will now refund my £400.
Thanks to Sasha for all her help, truly grateful. :)
Last Edit:14 Apr 2015 11:27 by Jayshree Bhuptani
  • Corinne Sanwell

Replied by Corinne Sanwell on topic Pressure to have unwanted surgery update

Posted 08 Apr 2015 14:07 #465
I'm pleased to say, with Sasha's help I received a full refund of my deposit yesterday.
Last Edit:08 Apr 2015 14:20 by Corinne Sanwell
  • Jayshree Bhuptani

Replied by Jayshree Bhuptani on topic Refund refused

Posted 01 Apr 2015 07:57 #466
I am aged 56 and was sold laser (for one eye) in February. I paid £400 deposit and booked the op for 7 April.

Before I booked I told the OE salesperson that my husband had glaucoma and is blind in his right eye. I explained that he relies on me to drive him around and I could not take any risks with my vision. She promised me there were no risks at all.

Then I found OERML and read Shabir’s story, describing how he cares for two disabled and congenitally blind sons. Like me, he apparently told the OE salesperson (and surgeon Dimitris Kazakos) that he could not take any risks with his vision. He too was assured there was no need to worry, that the surgery was a very safe and successful procedure, but it was not. www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...html?start=100#10447

Since booking my appointment my husband was recently diagnosed with a tear in his left eye. His surgeon has advised that he could get a retinal detachment at any time and if that happens he must go to the hospital as an emergency.

With this new information I realised I could not risk going ahead with surgery and called OE to cancel last week. I explained my circumstances but they refused to refund my deposit.

It is not just that this company has exhibited a complete lack of human compassion that upsets me, but that they blatantly lied to me in order to take my deposit. If they had been honest and told me there was even a slight risk I would not have considered surgery.

I am thankful that I found OERML and read the truth, otherwise if I had gone ahead with surgery I could have ended up with problems and unable to drive. I will fight for my deposit to be refunded.
Last Edit:01 Apr 2015 10:08 by Jayshree Bhuptani
  • Corinne Sanwell

Replied by Corinne Sanwell on topic Pressure to have unwanted surgery

Posted 26 Mar 2015 10:29 #467
Thank you Jimmy

Has anyone on here successfully received a refund at all?

I was misled by the sales people who assured me there are rarely any problems as I know now this is not the truth.

When I called Optical Express again asking for my refund it was the customer services person who said I could have refractive lens exchange instead of laser!

What kind of company is this that allows a customer services person to suggest which surgery I should have?

Optical Express owe me £395 and I will fight for my refund all the way to small claims court if I have to.
Last Edit:27 Mar 2015 10:42 by Corinne Sanwell
  • Jimmy B
  • Jimmy B's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 21

Replied by Jimmy B on topic Decided Against Surgery!

Posted 25 Mar 2015 20:58 #468
Hello Corinne, I'll try and help here.

Whatever you do, DON'T feel pressured into surgery!!

I was sold Lens Replacement when I should not have had the operation and the after effects are a nightmare.
Also, if it goes wrong no-one will sit down and talk to you, these people will not meet me in person to discuss what went wrong. However my time will come.
Click on my name and read the way I have been treated - thrown out of their clinic by the police just for asking for a refund.
You’re one of the lucky ones who found this website before committing to surgery.
Best of luck with your refund
Jimmy
Last Edit:25 Mar 2015 23:25 by Jimmy B
  • Corinne Sanwell

Replied by Corinne Sanwell on topic Pressure to have unwanted surgery

Posted 25 Mar 2015 11:38 #469
I had a consultation with Optical Express on Sat 14th March and felt pressured to pay a deposit and book an appointment for surgery. After considering it I changed my mind and contacted them for a refund. I thought it was within 7 working days because their terms say they refund within 28 working days. But they are now advising different procedures (including replacement lens surgery) that weren't discussed at the consultation and told me that it's too late for a refund.

I'm now feeling pressured to go through with the surgery as otherwise they won't return my deposit, but having spoken with my independent optician they advise that surgery wouldn't be suitable for me.

Can anyone please help me?
Last Edit:25 Mar 2015 11:50 by Corinne Sanwell
  • Victoria

Replied by Victoria on topic Change to T&Cs?!

Posted 17 Mar 2015 16:58 #470
I cancelled next day and was advised that my deposit (£400) would be returned to me only after 28 WORKING days. This was on 16th December 2014.

3 months later and several hours of conversations with customer services and still no return of the deposit!
Last Edit:17 Mar 2015 17:01 by Victoria
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount