logo6

Bloody eye

• Sasha Rodoy
  • Sasha Rodoy's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Sasha Rodoy on topic Laser 'enhancement'

Posted 09 Jun 2019 12:34 #21

Anonymous wrote: ’This is not a a horror story of sorts, it is more of a question to all those who have had Laser Eye Surgery with Optical Express. Since my initial treatment almost a year ago, I have been informed I have to have an enhancement procedure as my eyesight has deteriorated.

Therefore, my question is - has anyone had a laser eye enhancement procedure and if yes would you mind letting me know in either circumstance (good or bad) how it was? Did it make your eyesight better or worse or if there were any complications etc?

As the previous poster said, 'enhancement' is a misnomer (a pretty word I refuse to use for what is actually a retreatment), nothing more than a second attempt at fixing what they didn't get right the first time - in your case, within less than a year!

I knew within days of undergoing bilateral lasek surgery that I had problems: first the horrifying loss of my perfect unaided near vision, followed by new and more serious problems and pain presenting at intervals over the years ever since, so that I dread what I may face in the future.

Don't make the mistake of believing that it's only the high street clinics causing damage to untold thousands of people, because as a patient advocate I represent clients who’ve undergone unregulated and risky eye surgery performed by most other providers too, including Moorfields Private (Julian Stevens esp) and Optegra.

During my first 1-2 years post op, two surgeons were eager to retreat my eyes with laser, but not now. And that’s not because of who I am, but because my eyes have deteriorated to such an extent that more laser won’t fix them (tho I'd have to be certifiably insane to let anyone have a second go!), and my only option possibly lens replacement - NO WAY unless I get cataracts, and if that day comes I'll need counselling and tranquilisers just to get me through the clinic door!

And had I been offered RLE/NLR initially you would never have heard my name, because I’d have been out of Optimax so fast at the very suggestion of removing my (previously) healthy natural lens!

My point is, now suffering with MGD, photophobia, corneal neuralgia, blepharitis, and more... had I allowed anyone to retreat my eyes within the first two years of surgery, none of these problems would have been cured, but how much worse could they or would they have been by now?

And if you decide to have a retreat, what if that fails within a year, another one?

I no longer publish anything on True Stories, because since 2012, as MBEF campaigner and patient advocate, I have spoken with thousands of people damaged by all types of refractive eye surgery, and I leave it to them to tell their stories, on Facebook or here on the forum, but I do recommend that you read Craig’s Story to help you make up your mind :kiss:
www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...p/true-stories/craig
Last Edit:19 Oct 2020 11:49 by Sasha Rodoy
  • Anonymous

Replied by Anonymous on topic Optical Express – Laser Eye Enhancement Surgery

Posted 09 Jun 2019 10:25 #22
Firstly, the word 'enhancement' when used regarding further refractive procedures is a misnomer!

It is very risky to have a Lasik flap relifted 1yr post ops so you may be offered Lasek (surface procedure) which, if you had this 1st time around, will be a repeat of what you previously had done. Lasek causes corneal nerve damage (as does Lasik) & also involves the controversial 'off label' drug MMC (Mitomycin-C) being administered during the procedure to counter haze forming & the long term effects of this drug are unknown!

You've already played Russian Roulette with your most precious sense 1st time around, and if you merely have slight regression of vision, you're very lucky compared to thousands of others who have way more serious permanent complications which can include horrific pain!

Lastly, campaigner & OERML founder Sasha Rodoy had Lasek in 2011, suffered from serious complications, and continues to do so to this day!
by Anonymous
  • Anonymous

Replied by Anonymous on topic Optical Express – Laser Eye Enhancement Surgery

Posted 08 Jun 2019 14:43 #23
This is not a a horror story of sorts, it is more of a question to all those who have had Laser Eye Surgery with Optical Express. Since my initial treatment almost a year ago, I have been informed I have to have an enhancement procedure as my eyesight has deteriorated.

Therefore, my question is - has anyone had a laser eye enhancement procedure and if yes would you mind letting me know in either circumstance (good or bad) how it was? Did it make your eyesight better or worse or if there were any complications etc?

I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice on this!
Thanking you in advance!
by Anonymous
  • Val Roberts
  • Val Roberts's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Val Roberts on topic 20/20 Vision or your money back

Posted 24 Mar 2019 20:25 #24

Reames wrote: Did you have LASIK Laser Eye Surgery in 2009 and were you aware of the offer of 20/20 vision or your money back?

They are still offering that I believe. If that applied to me, I'd ask for a refund and if I didn't get it I'd sue for breach of contract. You'd have 5 years in Scotland, 6 in England. I wonder if anybody has ever done it?
Incidentally, certain post Lasik complications eg ecstasia can occur years after the surgery. I read about one case that occurred 10 years post surgery! I think it would be reasonable to argue in such cases that "time" didn't start to run for the purposes of time-bar until it developed and you knew or ought reasonably to have known it was caused by the surgery.

Tecnis Symfony lens patient.

by Val Roberts
  • Reames
  • Reames's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Reames on topic 20/20 Vision or your money back

Posted 13 Mar 2019 20:19 #25
Did you have LASIK Laser Eye Surgery in 2009 and were you aware of the offer of 20/20 vision or your money back?
by Reames
  • Val Roberts
  • Val Roberts's Avatar Offline

Replied by Val Roberts on topic Thousands of patients suffer surgery failure.

Posted 24 Feb 2019 08:55 #26
I sincerely hope for this person's sake the surgeon says NO to operating on his one "good" eye.

Tecnis Symfony lens patient.

by Val Roberts
  • was9192
  • was9192's Avatar Offline

Replied by was9192 on topic Can i sue Optical Express?

Posted 04 Dec 2018 17:33 #27
Hi,
I am new to this website but have been driven here through pure desperation.
In April 2014 i had laser eye surgery after wearing glasses from age 5. I thought this would be the start of something great but it was the opposite.
I had a consultation around a month or 2 before my surgery where the guy was more like a sales professional. Said i had dry eyes so based on this i couldn't have laser eye surgery but to put dry eye drops in for a couple of weeks and then i should be fine and then we could book me in.. i had no idea about dry eyes so just went along. Looking back this seemed shifty. Just to have my eyes looking ok for the surgeon so the sales guy got a sale.
Anyway after surgery i got extremely bad severe dry eye for years up until now. Been on all sorts. Still on optive fusion, lacrilube, heated eye patch, omega 7 sba24 tablets, optrex actimist. I went to Optical Express back and forth after my surgery but they basically said they couldnt help as permanent damage to my nerves were done. And after the 2 years aftercare were going to charge me for appointments. The cheek!.
Anyway i had to fight to be seen by the NHS Opthamology department and have been with them for 2 years. Who have been great to be fair. I am trying to get ciclosporine (Ikervis) prescribed but they dont seem to want to help. My GP said they cant prescribe it and the ophthalmology department said they cant and to go to my GP. I cant go to Optical Express as i will be charged according to them.

I am in severe pain daily due to Optical Express. Can i sue? I was told i cant as i was told about the risks before my surgery which i signed. But isnt the sales guy who gave me eye drops to put in to make my eye look good for surgery liable ?

How do you guys suggest i get ciclosporine prescribed?

Any help would be massively appreciated.
And every single person I know currently in litigation (and all those who have successfully sued OE) signed a Consent form, including Stephanie Holloway who went to trial in 2014 and spectacularly won!
The issue is whether or not you were fully informed - and you're unique if you were!
Your optom (sales guy) should most definitely be reported to the GOC.
For more advice pls email info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk
:kiss:
Last Edit:04 Dec 2018 17:58 by was9192
  • ronald

Replied by ronald on topic Double vision

Posted 21 Jan 2018 13:07 #28
Hi can you help me ?
On the 22nd September 2016 I spent just under £3000.00 for idesign lasik eye surgery at Optical Express in Bristol with surgeon Dr Luca Antico. 3 weeks after surgery I had double vision, to this date I still have double vision and cant read a car number plate 3 car lengths away.
Before the operation I was told that they would be able to achieve 20 20 vision if not better in both eyes!!!   I was so excited at the time thinking I wouldn’t need reading glasses anymore. Now I need glasses to correct my vision, my eyes are much worse than before. Soon as the 12 months was up the said I am now outside my terms and condition contract.
Now they want to charge me for appointments and any other work on my eyes.
After looking at this site optical express ruined my eyes I feel like I have been scammed.
I would like to know what procedure I can take plus can my eyes be corrected after what they have done .

Kind regards

Ronald Todd

Last Edit:21 Jan 2018 13:13 by ronald
  • Anonymous

Replied by Anonymous on topic My rights

Posted 02 Jan 2018 17:04 #29
Hi everyone just after a bit of advice from past OE patients here’s my story.
Had lasek surgery on October 2016, didn't improve a thing, so for the next few months I was back and forth being monitored. Eventually in June 2017 I was told I needed corrective surgery and the surgeon would contact me. After 2 month passed I got in touch telling then that I'd not heard anything from anyone. I eventually was given a date November 2017 for surgery and a date for the surgeon to call. Well I waited and waited but no call, so I phoned OE on several occasions and they said someone would call back but nobody did, until 2 days before my surgery date, saying the surgeon had phoned but on a different number and I'd missed the deadline of 48 hrs and would have to rearrange. I explained I'd booked time off work and it. was too late to cancel. They apologised but couldn't do anything about it eventually we rearranged surgery to Decomber, over the Christmas period when I had time off for recovery. Well yet again the surgeon did not phone at the time arranged and again surgery was cancelled.
What are my rights, can I get my money back, do I have a case for medical negligence ? It's been 15 months now and my eyes are worse than before surgery. Personally I think they’re stalling for time as I've heard you have to pay for any treatment after 2 years.
Last Edit:02 Jan 2018 18:57 by Anonymous
  • Morris Waxler, Ph.D.

Replied by Morris Waxler, Ph.D. on topic Take the survey.

Posted 02 Jan 2018 15:46 #30
Refractive surgeons should not break what they cannot fix. However, they should make every effort in attempting to do so. We must force them to help; not continue to harm, lie, and fail to take responsibility.
Take the survey, send it to everyone you know. docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ss_T2UPnu9crtoy...R_eQWM5rCteVvY8/edit

Last Edit:02 Jan 2018 18:50 by Morris Waxler, Ph.D.
Attachments:
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount