logo6

The Truth

• Caro

Replied by Caro on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 16:22 #41
Ken, I'm sorry if you don't like the way the victims on this sight feel... we are suffering terrible problems, so you really can't blame us. You said "I have a life", but many of us have had our lives destroyed.

Presenting your concerns to management was not enough; you should then have taken your concerns to the GMC, CQC etc.

If you really do care, then please speak to Sasha Rodoy, and the authorities, but don't play mean games with the victims of this industry.
Last Edit:09 Nov 2013 16:33 by Caro
  • Ken

Replied by Ken on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 15:55 #42

Caro wrote: Ken, I suspect that you do have a conscience, as you left your job, and have posted here, but I still disagree with what you have to say. However, as a matter of interest, when you say that you and others spoke out, but nobody listened, who did you present your concerns to?

head management within the company.
At the moment, I'm not prepared to go into details. I have already sent my last post on the forum.
Maybe I will contact the owner of this website some day. But not now.
by Ken
  • Ken

Replied by Ken on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 15:50 #43

Pinnochio wrote: Ken's gone quiet! I was expecting his next post to say his 'ex' boss David Moulsdale is a very nice man who only wants to help many many people ;)

Terribly sorry. I have a life. Maybe your eyes would improve Pinnochio if you stopped looking at computers all day. They can dry your corneas rather badly.
This will be my last post since people are getting nasty.
Mr X, I will answer you as you seem a reasonable person.
I am guarded and will NOT give more details at the moment, as OE monitors Facebook and Twitter for nasty posts from their employees. People have been fired and worse. This site will be no different-if not worse. I am not safe from litigation, even though, I say once again, I do NOT work for them. But I give too much away, they will know me.
I require no vindication. I have never harmed anyone nor have any of my ex colleagues. As I have already said. I am proud to have treated people and helped them.
My aim on here was to give a voice to people who are being slaughtered through no fault of their own.
Does the person who works in a toilet in a nightclub on a Sat night enjoy their work? No. It's a job.
Same with the surgery staff. They try their best. They don't like it. It is working in an atmosphere of high stress- reserve your anger for the real people who deserve it the higher up ones. The ones who say suitable when there's doubt , or don't tell the risks. This isn't the surgery team.
Have I stories to tell? I could but at the moment, I'm certainly not prepared to after this onslaught.
And unfortunately you are correct Mr X, usually only more surgery can fix starburst and I completely understand anyone's reluctance to get more done after having problems. Also, sometimes, it isn't possible to get more done. I know people aren't told this prior to surgery, that they are a one shot deal. It's not right, everyone should be aware of the risks. If they aren't told they should postpone and find out-Nobody should go into this unaware. But in the right hands this is an amazing treatment.
If there were so many thousands of problems occurring recently this industry wouldn't exist. It would have went a long time ago. Have mistakes been made? Yes, since day one, across the whole board all over the world, long before our Scottish 'friends' got involved.
Should they have been as haphazard with the technology in the early days? No.
Have mistakes been learnt from? Yes. The industry as a whole is much safer now than it was 15 years ago.
Should it be regulated? Yes.
Do I know what I'm talking about, as my friend Pinocchio says? Yes, without a doubt. More than him/her.
I am not defending OE, for the last time. I'm defending a minority who don't deserve it.
I'm truly sorry for all your issues. I know how precious sight is.
by Ken
  • Pinnochio

Replied by Pinnochio on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 15:07 #44
Ken's gone quiet! I was expecting his next post to say his 'ex' boss David Moulsdale is a very nice man who only wants to help many many people ;)
Last Edit:09 Nov 2013 15:08 by Pinnochio
  • Mr X
  • Mr X's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mr X on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 13:04 #45
Ken,

You seem very guarded as to not answer many of the questions posted by other users here, I for one would ask why?

As others suggest if your purpose here is not to help uncover the reasons as to why O.E. are continuing to ruin peoples eyes and lives, what is your purpose here?

If you are looking for vindication for yourself and colleagues you will not find it here. This is a place for those who have been hurt, even as far as to say disabled by the actions of O.E.

In my particular case the staff were the ones who really talked me into surgery. I will obviously concede that I was considering it or I wouldn't have been there.

My pupils are large and I was told that only one type of treatment would be suitable, at no time was I told that I am at greater risk of halos, starbursts etc.

I can probably never drive at a time when car headlights or streetlamps are on. This is rather a problem in the UK.

Do you think all these people are imagining their problems?

Like Mr Starburst I am curious as to how this can be fixed? I have been told that further surgery could even make this worse and that is probably the only honest answer I've had from Mr. Hannan.

He also stated that there is around a 1% complication and have treated over 100,000 people. I personally find it quite shocking to think that there are 1000 people in the UK with similar problems to me. I believe that was per year!

Clearly it is no exaggeration to be talking of 1000s with problems. That information came from the top of your Ex Company which further shows the poor level of integration of knowledge within it.

I would also add that the figures are not correct and that staff have not allowed me to complete any more surveys from the 3 month period onwards to the current year. So as far as the stats go I am another happy customer. I wonder what the real numbers are?

Without getting into too much detail I don't think people are really trying to get at you personally Ken but you must accept there is a lot of anger to say the least. Defending O.E. will probably bring that out.

I'm not sure why you found Kali's post so amusing. I thought it made some good points but perhaps my sense of humour isn't what it once was.
Last Edit:09 Nov 2013 14:17 by Mr X
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 11:18 #46
If you can fix starbursts like mine I would request that you post as to how this is done, seeing as you are not actually a surgeon.
Also, if it is possible for anyone to get these starbursts, and you can't tell who will and who won't prior to surgery, then the only rational conclusion is that these type of ops should be BANNED !

I have seen many top level surgeons, and my starbursts are INCURABLE !
Last Edit:09 Nov 2013 11:20 by Mr Starburst
  • Caro

Replied by Caro on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 11:07 #47
Ken, everyone can speak freely in this country; you have not answered the question as to where you reported your concerns!
Mr Starburst is correct about the FDA.
As for your stupid comment; "If you knew this, why did you get it done?"
WE DIDN'T FIND OUT UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE - THANKS TO PEOPLE WHO KNEW SOMETHING BAD WAS GOING ON BUT DID NOT SPEAK OUT!!!
Last Edit:09 Nov 2013 11:19 by Caro
  • Pinnochio

Replied by Pinnochio on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 10:49 #48

ken wrote: The FDA has the toughest criteria on record for passing things like this, so I have severe doubts on your statement.

Ken, your posts are so self contradictory and defensive I wonder if you actually still work for OE as I find it suspicious that you refuse to say what your role was!

You claim to have seen "many, many thousands of treatments take place" so must have worked at OE for many many years! In which case you MUST be aware of the many many problems they have and the numbers suing them!

Worst of all, you don't really know what you're talking about:
lasikscandal.com/What/Who-Is-Morris-Waxler
Last Edit:09 Nov 2013 10:50 by Pinnochio
  • ken

Replied by ken on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 10:29 #49

Mr Starburst wrote:

Ken wrote: I know things are wrong in this sector and need to be fixed

So how long have you known that things are wrong in this sector, and what, if anything, have you actually tried to do about it, or to expose what's been going on ?
As for saying that this is SURGERY, these are in fact surgeries that should never have been allowed to have been performed by a mass market industry. Of course, lasik in particular was passed originally by the FDA in the USA based on totally false information provided by the manufacturers and users of the equipment involved, which is why ex-FDA regulator Morris Waxler is calling for an outright ban ! The whole damn thing was founded on LIES !

I'm just one person. I can speak freely now, but surgery staff in this sector don't have a voice.
The FDA has the toughest criteria on record for passing things like this, so I have severe doubts on your statement. If the FDA had doubts it will not happen. Believe me.
If you knew this Mr Starburst, why did you get it done? I'm curious? Perhaps you knew someone who has had surgery? Whatever the reason, you have had an unfortunate problem. Many don't but some do. I have helped fix starburst such as yours. Did I cause them? No. But it can occur. We can't predictwho this will happen to before, but as you know pupil size is a big giveaway. But it can occur on anyone. I'm just trying to give an alternate voice on here. It's a forum. Debate is good
Last Edit:09 Nov 2013 10:41 by ken
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic The Truth (ex OE employee)

Posted 09 Nov 2013 10:07 #50

Ken wrote: I know things are wrong in this sector and need to be fixed

So how long have you known that things are wrong in this sector, and what, if anything, have you actually tried to do about it, or to expose what's been going on ?
As for saying that this is SURGERY, these are in fact surgeries that should never have been allowed to have been performed by a mass market industry. Of course, lasik in particular was passed originally by the FDA in the USA based on totally false information provided by the manufacturers and users of the equipment involved, which is why ex-FDA regulator Morris Waxler is calling for an outright ban ! The whole damn thing was founded on LIES !
Last Edit:09 Nov 2013 10:38 by Mr Starburst
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount