logo6

Reply: The Truth

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

Attachments

Allowed file extensions : jpg, jpeg, gif, png, Maximum File Size : 1 MB Maximum Image File Size : 1 MB
Add Files...
You can drop files here or use the add files button.

reCaptcha

Topic History of: The Truth

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• admin
28 Jul 2019 15:44

I don’t know who edited and posted the original video on YouTube in 2016 (with both English & Spanish subtitles) as they’ve done so anonymously.

But with less than a total of 500 views over three years I decided to publish this on OERML so that it will get the attention it deserves :kiss:

Unable to credit the editor for their work, I'd like to congratulate them for a very clever and perceptive piece of satire, so accurately and shockingly close to the truth - and notice that Hitler is wearing glasses, just like so many perpetrators of this global scandal!

Anyone who is considering refractive eye surgery and thinks this is just a funny video - think again! Because no matter how amusing, it couldn't be any closer to the truth!

• admin
09 Sep 2017 22:15

:kiss:

The first question generally asked by anyone considering laser eye surgery is, ‘Can you go blind from having laser eye surgery?'

A few months ago Claire Mondor agreed to record an account of her laser surgery story for OERML.

It was a painful process, and Claire made a number of attempts before managing to do so.

It was also incredibly brave, and I am indebted to Claire for making such a valuable contribution to publicising the very real and horrific risks of refractive eye surgery.

No matter where the clinic, or who the surgeon, this is a global scandal that must be addressed by all governments!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

• 2014: Claire Mondor had lasik eye surgery at Lasik MD Vision in Winnipeg Manitoba.

• Dr Desikan Kadambi was the operating surgeon. • Dr Gdih Gdih was the second operating surgeon.

• January 2017: Claire had her left eye removed at the aptly named Misericordia hospital in Alberta. The cost was covered by health care insurance.

• March 2017: Claire had a prosthetic eye made, cost $2,000 CAD (approx £1,245)

The cost was not covered by health insurance, so to add insult to VERY SERIOUS injury, Claire had to pay for this herself!

• The prosthetic eye will need replacing after 5 years.

• Dr Desikan Kadambi now owns Eye Tech Lasik...
www.eyetechlasik.com

'My mother went to him in Brandon and lost sight on her right eye after he [Desikan Kadambi] did laser surgery on her eye. There is no way to really remove a doctor in this country and they can get away with anything. The College protects doctors not patients.' [Just like the UK’s Royal College and GMC] www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/68247/Dr-...mbi-Winnipeg-MB.html

• Dr Gdih Gdih is now at Lasik MD Vision... 'LASIK MD surgeons are among the most renowned, highly trained and experienced refractive surgeons in the world. With a LASIK MD surgeon your eyes are in good hands.'
www.lasikmd.com/winnipeg/our-surgeons/la...urgeons/dr-gdih-gdih

• admin
29 May 2017 17:00

New video :kiss:

NB: If you would like to make a video to add to the OERML library - even if only 30 seconds in length - please contact me sasha@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk

• admin
19 Jan 2015 22:01

"In an unlikely twist, Tsai told local press yesterday that he will cease performing the LASIK procedure as it goes against his medical ethics.

He has observed situations in which visual acuity worsens suddenly and rapidly long after the LASIK procedure itself.

Such vision loss deals a huge blow to patients' careers and daily lives.

Possible complications of LASIK treatment include dry eye syndrome, infection, light sensitivity, night glare, and loss of visual acuity.
"
www.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/national/nat.../Surgery-pioneer.htm :kiss:

• admin
11 Jan 2015 17:26

Oculentis and Topcon UK are clearly attempting to limit damage to their reputation in suggesting there are only four MPlus X complaints to the MHRA.

Let me set the record straight!

The Observer story was generated from MHRA filings, and Oculentis are aware of this as they were contacted by the press for comment.

Yet they state: "The main basis for the allegation appear to be the comments of Sheraz Daya. Although the articles read as if he is an independent expert, Mr Daya is a direct competitor of Optical Express and is a consultant to direct competitors of Oculentis.”
(see 6 Jan post)

A cheap shot from Oculentis as the main basis for the allegation were complaints from doctors at Moorfields and Optical Express.

While there may be only four formal complaints by surgeons re the MPlus X lens, I am aware of many more reported by patients.

Details of complaints filed with the MHRA by Moorfields surgeon Romesh Angunawela were leaked to me in September ’14, when I was also told that Optical Express were using the MPlus X lens, apparently implanting more than 7,000 since January ’14.

I will never publish anything without proof, and it was only when Optical Express surgeon George Settas confirmed this to me in November ’14 that I called Dr Angunawela.

He did not return my calls so I emailed Moorfields Medical Director, Declan Flanagan. No response.

When George Settas assured me that he was willing to help in any way he could I spoke with Observer journalist Daniel Boffey, and a producer at BBC 5 Live Investigates.

I offered both the story, on condition they ran it at the same time. They agreed, but the BBC senior editor wanted to wait until mid January.

On 16 December, just as I was leaving the BBC studios after pre recording an interview for ‘You & Yours” (see previous post) Daniel Boffey called and said he wanted to publish the MPlus X story on 4 January ’15.

A bird in the hand...

And that’s how it happened. Nothing to do with Sheraz Daya.

For clarity: since 2013 I have been contacted by alarmingly increasing numbers of patients complaining of similar problems with the MPlus MF30 lens.

On 9 January I advised everyone suffering problems/side effects with MPlus MF30 lens to file a Yellow Card asap: www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...ns-exchange-rle.html

I told the MHRA about this and we are discussing tomorrow.

I invite Oculentis to meet with me asap to discuss the thousands of patients I estimate to be suffering problems with Mplus lenses - X and MF30!

Meanwhile, I have nothing but respect for George Settas, the brave doctor who has spoken out in the best interests of patients, without concern for his own interests.

I hope he has set an example others will follow, because I have plenty more shocks in store - concerning laser eye surgery as well as RLE.

I can name a number of surgeons who are in possession of sensitive and shocking info, keeping silent for various reasons.

Come on boys, time to talk, because it might be your name on OERML soon :kiss:

Attachments:

• admin
27 Dec 2014 16:13

In a statement to BBC Radio 4 'You & Yours' on 18 December, the Optical Express spokesman did what PR companies are paid vast sums of money to do - twisted the facts so they bore no resemblance to the truth!

They said: " A number of OE employees have contacted Facebook, the ICO, and Police, regarding unacceptable online communications... rcvd by, or referring to them... (including) a photograph of a head of a slaughtered pig... insults, false allegations, and the posting of personal details, such as tel numbers and a link to their home address."

In fact, the only home address I have ever seen posted on OERML (not Facebook) was a screenshot from the College of Optometrists website, detailing Stephen Hannan's home address as his "Practice 2" address. (Topic: Ex OE employee: ask me a question! 25 Mar 2014 12:30)

The only phone numbers published on OERML and/or Facebook are OE employees' work numbers, included in any OE correspondence sent via email and letter.

And the "head of a slaughtered pig's head" photo that so upset Stephen Hannan was a joke, as can be seen below.

The PR statement spun it to sound like Marlon Brando had been involved.

OE saw me outside the Harley Street clinic that morning, which is why their PR company swung into action with their statement only minutes before the broadcast, ensuring I had no time to respond, even though they'd had days to comment!

As for opinions from the 'media lawyer'; programme producer, Rob Cave, confirmed that he knew nothing about OERML and had never seen this website!
:kiss:

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount