logo6

Complaints to ASA:Advertising Standards Authority

• dyl

Replied by dyl on topic TrustPilot - wrong details

Posted 01 Dec 2016 16:49 #1
I've been following this site for some time after talking myself out of my consultation since stumbling across OERML in a Google search for some more information.

Today I noticed that the Optical Express site has an ad/image at the top that says 'TrustPilot - 5 Stars - Excellent', but if you go on the TrustPilot site, they actually only have 4 stars and are rated as 'Good'.

Optical Express have also removed the Trustpilot review feed from their website. Not entirely sure but seems as if this may be a breach of advertising policy!
Last Edit:01 Dec 2016 18:42 by dyl
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic Optimax...

Posted 10 Nov 2016 16:26 #2
No job too small :kiss:

A numbers of the surgeons listed as currently employed by Optimax on their website are not...
www.optimax.co.uk/our_surg…/doctors_training_history

But what you might find more interesting are the numbers of surgeons who trained at Optimax and now work at Optegra, London Vision Clinic, Optical Express, etc...

Scary!

The red notations are mine - incomplete, but if you google their names you can find out where they are now... and some of you may discover that the surgeon who damaged your eyes trained at Optimax!

Last Edit:10 Nov 2016 16:54 by admin
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Another small step...

Posted 17 Jul 2014 11:45 #3

They all add up :kiss:
by admin
Attachments:
  • OE job adverts

Replied by OE job adverts on topic Unsubstantiated advertising claims

Posted 10 Jun 2014 20:27 #4
Optical Express claims of success rates in recruitment adverts:
"Work for a Company that changes people's lives for the better with 99.4% getting 6/6 vision or better and who achieves a 99% customer satisfaction score"
jobs.opticianonline.net/employer/200004631/optical-express/

Surely they need to be clearer about the limitations of the statistics they are using?

Doesn't seem to have any mention of the sample these statistics came from!
Last Edit:10 Jun 2014 22:17 by OE job adverts
  • Lie detector

Replied by Lie detector on topic Optical Express advertising

Posted 21 May 2014 22:37 #5
It's crazy that Optical Express closed so many stores yet only mention openings on the news section of their website.

As for claims of "advanced vision care" - I wonder whether David Moulsdale can substantiate this?
Last Edit:21 May 2014 23:16 by Lie detector
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Professor no more!

Posted 19 May 2014 18:42 #6
Last Edit:19 May 2014 18:43 by admin
Attachments:
  • OE marketing

Replied by OE marketing on topic Optometry Today

Posted 18 Mar 2014 22:54 #7
I do wonder whether they are likely to publish details of the BBC Radio 5 Live Investigates on Sunday and Professor Dua's criticisms of the high street clinics?

Hugh Kerr's recent trip to court doesn't seem to have made it to Optometry Today either from the looks of things .

I wonder if they have any explanation for this?
Last Edit:18 Mar 2014 23:03 by OE marketing
  • OE marketing ?

Replied by OE marketing ? on topic Take action

Posted 18 Mar 2014 22:23 #8
www.optometry.co.uk/news-and-features/news/?article=5693

Where is the evidence of these statistics claimed in 'Optometry Today'?

Given OE's track record with the ASA, it is worrying that they are allowed to publish statistics that have not been independently verified.
Last Edit:18 Mar 2014 22:40 by OE marketing ?
Attachments:
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 12

Advanced Vision Care: AVC was created by Mr Starburst

Posted 27 Feb 2014 14:33 #9
A complaint was submitted to the Advertising Standards Authority regarding content on the Advanced Vision Care website regarding 'Supracor' Laser Eye Surgery.

Quote: "Supracor laser eye surgery is a revolutionary laser treatment...It's quick, painless, permanent and clinically proven to be 100% safe".

No medical procedure can legally be claimed to be 100% safe!

Also, the claim that 'Supracor' is permanent cannot be substantiated as this procedure was introduced very recently. A lifetime of patient monitoring would be needed to determine its permanence.

AVC have advised the ASA that the above claim will be removed from their website and will not be used again!
Last Edit:28 Feb 2014 19:12 by Mr Starburst
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount