logo6

Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic FAO employees past & present

Posted 02 Nov 2016 19:29 #1
I am working with a researcher (can’t say more at this point) who would appreciate speaking with any Optical Express employees - past or present - willing to talk about their experiences, and/or corroborate information already provided by other employees.

NB: Optimax/Ultralase employees welcome too!

Thanks to those who have helped with info... and to those who haven’t - you know how many people's eyes are damaged by this company on a regular basis, so PLEASE listen to your conscience!

(I was sickened when a sales person at OE Harley Street clinic told me last year that she knew what was going on but she had a mortgage to pay!!)

Please be aware that at this preliminary stage all conversations are confidential, will not be recorded, and anonymity is totally guaranteed. This will be put in writing on request.

This is open to anyone who has worked at OE; telesales, refractive technicians/counsellors, optoms, nurses, surgeons, etc...

Contact info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk :kiss:
Last Edit:02 Nov 2016 23:05 by admin
  • Gary Brownlow

Replied by Gary Brownlow on topic My Story - a former employee

Posted 14 Jun 2016 05:27 #2
Having spent the last few years outside of this company, I would like to share my story 'within the walls' of this company.

Firstly, I am happy to post evidence if required to prove I worked there, and deem this story to be the whole truth, and nothing but.

My title was a laser 'councillor' - in fact, I was taught how to sell the surgery, to 'see it as a product' and nothing more. I myself was unsuitable for laser surgery, but had to wear contact lenses to 'play the game'.

Sale Practices
Daily we were called by our regional managers and asked how many people I had booked for surgery. The biggest issue was 1- Credit to pay for surgery, 2- Available dates.

1-Credit
On numerous occasions I was asked to 'fake' or 'fluff' credit checks and agreements so people could get credit from a 3rd party source.

2-If surgery was unavailable on certain days, I was asked to FAKE a date, take the persons deposit and call them AFTER the deposit was no longer available for refund to tell the patient "sorry, the surgeon has had to change the date of surgery..."

I witnessed at first hand a surgery day - a surgeon would do 15-20 surgeries a day. Anyone that has had this done will know how they were ushered around like sheep.

Optometrists (not surgeons) perform your aftercare. On many occasions you are double or triple booked, so expect delays.

Once managing a store, an electrician arrived to turn off the electricity - DURING business hours, with a full clinic. After a few emergency calls, I averted this happening - the electrician showing me a bill for over 1,500,000GBP (yes, one point five million pounds) that the company had not paid.

Hugh Kerr, who is already deemed an unpleasant human being with a quick Google search, forced me out of the company. In his words 'you need to empty old ladies purses' into the tills.

Upon leaving, I only found out in the next financial year that they had not paid my final pay's tax to the taxman. Meaning I was left with the bill.

This company is screwing the general public over. They don't care about your surgery. It buys Mr Moulsdale an extra hooker and his trips to LA to keep up the tan.
by Gary Brownlow
  • Anon

Replied by Anon on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 09 Mar 2015 22:30 #3
"The worst customer service experience possible for patients due to the restrictions to the diaries and the unofficial company policy of 'once we have your money we're not interested anymore'"

www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Optical-Express-Reviews-E240785.htm
Last Edit:09 Mar 2015 22:49 by Anon
  • VPO

Replied by VPO on topic Hugh Kerr's lair?

Posted 18 Jul 2014 22:49 #4
You will find him at 200 SVS.
Last Edit:18 Jul 2014 22:53 by VPO
  • Visitor

Replied by Visitor on topic Hugh Kerr's lair?

Posted 26 Apr 2014 13:13 #5
Can anyone tell me if I'd find Hugh Kerr hiding at 200 St Vincent Street or 5 Deerdykes Road?
Last Edit:21 Jul 2016 19:32 by Visitor
  • ex employee free

Replied by ex employee free on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 26 Mar 2014 11:02 #6

Annoyed wrote: I also asked how you can levy criticism at the commentator who obviously knows far more about OE than you do as you have never worked there?

Whether he worked for OE or not Eyedoc makes money off people having corrective eye surgery so why would he want the truth to be told when it affects the whole refractive industry?

He is responding with eyes on his wallet
Last Edit:26 Mar 2014 11:46 by ex employee free
  • Annoyed

Replied by Annoyed on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 26 Mar 2014 08:49 #7

Annoyed wrote: If optoms see patients postop, they likewise are not competent as not medically educated. How does Eyedoc reconcile this model of care and at the same time levy criticism at the commentator?

Eyedoc not OE wrote: I don't. Like I said, I am not working for OE or have ever worked for OE and I don't endorse their "model of care"

I also asked how you can levy criticism at the commentator who obviously knows far more about OE than you do as you have never worked there?
Last Edit:26 Mar 2014 08:51 by Annoyed
  • ex employee free

Replied by ex employee free on topic Stephen Hannan

Posted 26 Mar 2014 08:22 #8

What ? wrote: Does Hannan have a PHD?

No and should not be prescribing any medication

What ? wrote: Has he ever worked anywhere other than OE?

No, he started straight out of college at OE in East Kilbride, from there he went to Renfield Street in Glasgow.

Stephen is a very good salesman and can talk you into laser with false promises. His laser consultations are too short ,only 10 minutes. How can anyone say you are suitable for laser eye surgery after 10 minutes? This is Impossible as it takes 20 minutes for the cyclo to take full affect.
Last Edit:26 Mar 2014 08:40 by ex employee free
  • Eyedoc not OE

Replied by Eyedoc not OE on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 26 Mar 2014 07:24 #9
I don't. Like I said, I am not working for OE or have ever worked for OE and I don't endorse their "model of care"
by Eyedoc not OE
  • Annoyed

Replied by Annoyed on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 25 Mar 2014 17:39 #10

ex employee free wrote:

Eyedoc not OE wrote: • DLK cannot be passed as minor dry eye since the treatment for these two conditions is different (intensive steroids for DLK vs lubricating eyedrops for dry eye)

I know how DLK is treated and I know that OE optoms pass it off as dry eye as unlike you I did work in the business. A patient who is worried about their symptoms will readily believe it is a small issue rather than something more serious because they have put their trust in these people

Eyedoc not OE wrote: • Finally, it is very easy, but quite cavalier, to pass judgement on a surgeon's abilities ("I have often seen where a surgeon had no idea what the problem was") when you don't have the necessary medical training

No I don't, but I have seen the horror cases and heard the stories first hand

If optoms see patients postop, they likewise are not competent as not medically educated. How does Eyedoc reconcile this model of care and at the same time levy criticism at the commentator?
Last Edit:25 Mar 2014 17:44 by Annoyed
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount