logo6

Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

• ex employee free

Replied by ex employee free on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 22 Mar 2014 15:16 #21

myramc wrote: Thank you, Prof Venter stated he would not be happy to do this. A second opinion told me it is very risky surgery.

Who recommended it??
Last Edit:22 Mar 2014 15:22 by ex employee free
  • ex employee free

Posted 22 Mar 2014 14:54 #22

Anonymous Coward wrote: Have you heard the rumour that Moulsdale owns a factory in Japan producing plastic disposable parts for laser machines used in OE clinics which are not CE certified?

Highly unlikely as AMO service the machines and only use parts they order.

Anonymous Coward wrote: Are you aware of allegations that the unique laser card programmed for each individual has often been used for the wrong patient?

The treatment cards have roughly 10 eyes per card and the info is programmed by the laser technician before the treatment commences and the info is used from the wavefront machine, so yes due to human error this is very possible. Also a lot of surgeons make adjustments they think are required for a better result so they will over/under correct and if incorrect with their adjustments patient is likely to be left with a prescription needing retreatment.
Last Edit:22 Mar 2014 15:13 by ex employee free
  • Anonymous Coward

Replied by Anonymous Coward on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 22 Mar 2014 14:12 #23
Have you heard the rumour that Moulsdale owns a factory in Japan producing plastic disposable parts for laser machines used in OE clinics which are not CE certified?

Are you aware of allegations that the unique laser card programmed for each individual has often been used for the wrong patient?
by Anonymous Coward
  • ex employee free

Posted 22 Mar 2014 08:39 #24

Nick wrote: How much of an impact on OE's bottom line is all the negative internet traffic having. is the matter raised much?

The business in recent years has declined due to bad press but mainly economic downturn. In 2007 big stores could make £100k a week now the turnover only 30k

Nick wrote: Given that practically every subsidiary company of OE has been placed in administration, yet it appears to be business as usual, is it just a scam, or are they actually in financial difficulty?

It's common practice for a lot of businesses to dump losses, start up a fresh company and buy the profitable ones back.

But OE are now in trouble with Moulsdale as CEO because banks will look at all companies he's been involved in before giving loans. This is why he had to bail out the company with his own money because the RBS called in the last loan as OE had defaulted on it. If he had not found investment he could not pay wages and employees to make the money he needs to stop the business going into liquidation.
Last Edit:22 Mar 2014 14:05 by ex employee free
  • Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nick on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 22 Mar 2014 02:41 #25
How much of an impact on OE's bottom line is all the negative internet traffic having. is the matter raised much?

Given that practically every subsidiary company of OE has been placed in administration, yet it appears to be business as usual, is it just a scam, or are they actually in financial difficulty?
by Nick
  • myramc
  • myramc's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by myramc on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 21 Mar 2014 22:29 #26

ex employee free wrote: They are talking about replacing your M+ lens with a monovision lens as the M+ is more likely to cause glare and sight issues than the mono which is more similar to normal cataract surgery

Thank you, Prof Venter stated he would not be happy to do this. A second opinion told me it is very risky surgery.
Last Edit:21 Mar 2014 23:06 by myramc
  • ex employee free

Posted 21 Mar 2014 18:50 #27

Questions wrote: Is there any nationally available and recognised and independently endorsed protocol for suitability criteria which is independently verified and evidence based in the UK?

Yes from the GMC but this is a guideline rather than a rule

Questions wrote: Do Optical Express publish any evidence to show their refractive optometrists on what grounds their suitability criteria are based?

No only a crib sheet of what is suitable

Questions wrote: Do OE administer all the training for new refractive optometrists in house?

At their HO or by a ODM

Questions wrote: Do refractive optometrists have any compulsory independent professional training to educate them of best practice in refractive surgery consultations and care?

No only OE education

Questions wrote: Do senior development optometrists have any further professional qualifications in refractive surgery or training or experience outside of Optical Express?

Some do through different optician boards but most do not
by ex employee free
  • ex employee free

Replied by ex employee free on topic Problems %

Posted 21 Mar 2014 09:30 #28

Mic wrote: Can you tell us the approximate percentage of patients who suffer major post op problems?

There were no published figures on these so all I can give you is experience
In store roughly 5-8%

Mic wrote: Also the percentage for those who suffer dry eyes and other side effects like starbursts etc.?

Close to 20%
Last Edit:21 Mar 2014 16:06 by ex employee free
  • Mic

Replied by Mic on topic Problems %

Posted 20 Mar 2014 22:51 #29
Can you tell us the approximate percentage of patients who suffer major post op problems?

Also the percentage for those who suffer dry eyes and other side effects like starbursts etc.?
Last Edit:20 Mar 2014 23:05 by Mic
  • Questions

Replied by Questions on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 20 Mar 2014 22:26 #30
Is there any nationally available and recognised and independently endorsed protocol for suitability criteria which is independently verified and evidence based in the UK?

Do Optical Express publish any evidence to show their refractive optometrists on what grounds their suitability criteria are based?

Do OE administer all the training for new refractive optometrists in house?

Do refractive optometrists have any compulsory independent professional training to educate them of best practice in refractive surgery consultations and care?

Do senior development optometrists have any further professional qualifications in refractive surgery or training or experience outside of Optical Express?
Last Edit:20 Mar 2014 22:46 by Questions
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount