logo6

Reply: PRESS & MEDIA

NOTE: You are posting the message as a 'Guest', you can not edit the message or delete it
Please Log in or Register to skip this step.

Attachments

Allowed file extensions : jpg, jpeg, gif, png, Maximum File Size : 1 MB Maximum Image File Size : 1 MB
Add Files...
You can drop files here or use the add files button.

reCaptcha

Topic History of: PRESS & MEDIA

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)

• admin
11 Jan 2024 16:25

This is the first of a series of posts about EuroEyes , and owner Jørn Slot Jørgensen 's insidious entry into the UK market.

Like most people, I'm tired of Covid still being used as a universal excuse for a company's shortcomings, but more disgusted by the hashtag#refractivesurgery industry having exploited the pandemic as a marketing tool.

I am even more appalled at BBC News for airing what was a blatant advertisement for EuroEyes in late 2023

And while complaints will be made to the BBC et al, the real shocker here is that the publicity was organised by David Condon , Media Officer at the Cabinet Office - a UK government department ffs!

Readers familiar with my work will be aware of my ongoing struggle to gain press and media attention, as they consistently avoid publicising the scandal of the unregulated refractive surgery industry, and the many thousands of victims left in its wake.

Yet with the blessing of the government, this overseas company managed to obtain publicity from a corporation that appears to have forgotten its mission, as outlined in the Charter:
'The BBC’s mission is set out in the Charter:

publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld5803/lds...t/ldcomm/44/4405.htm

To be continued...
10 January 2024

Attachments:

• admin
27 Dec 2023 03:48

2/2
The shocking scale of the UK government's secret files on critics, coupled with my personal account of media manipulation and corruption within the refractive surgery industry, highlights the potential threats to free speech, transparency, and accountability in our country. And as I continue to battle for urgent government attention to this scandal, my story emphasises the desperate need for thorough investigations into these concerning practices. 

My posts only touch the surface, of the corruption, and opposition I’ve faced over >13 years, from the government and other public bodies we are expected to trust to protect us.

Having previously presented my evidence in person at Dr Prashant Jindal's FtP hearing before the Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service on 27 May 2022, the General Medical Council’s justification for now excluding my testimony is a blatant lie, reiterated in emails from various members of their legal team. 

I intend to report my concerns about this, and other issues, to the Professional Standards Authority Healthcare Regulators, who have yet to prove they can be trusted, as even the Care Quality Commission are refusing to take action unless someone else does, while the General Optical Council is waiting for the FtP outcome!

All details regarding my now discarded evidence will be published after the FtP hearing next year, assuming the MPTS ever reschedule it. The delay, now inexplicably almost 4 months overdue, follows the questionable ‘postponement’ of the first relisted hearing last September.*

The postponement, allegedly at Dr. Jindal's request, conveniently occurred after the GMC made an application to exclude me from attending the substantive hearing simply as a member of the public, the preliminary hearing for the application listed 11-13 September.  

But when the MPTS refused to permit me legal representation, by agreeing to the postponement, despite strong opposition from the GMC, they evaded the likelihood of a Judicial Review. (Read 17/19 September posts for details)

However, with the GMC’s emailed response to my lawyer, it appears that we may face another round of legal battles if the MPTS again deny me legal representation, which will in turn again delay the FtP hearing.

The panel’s reasons for recusal at the first hearing in 2022 were beyond ludicrous, and, as lawyers told me, had a jury presented these in a court of law, the judge would have severely reprimanded them - after falling off the bench laughing!

Brief details from Medscape online: 'One incident involved her using expletive laden language in reference to the case in a toilet of the building where the tribunal was taking place. 
In another, there was an encounter between Ms Rodoy and a tribunal member at a Manchester hotel when she was heard to tell a waitress she was "waiting for an important judgment" which would appear in the press. 
Later, Ms Rodoy had stood near the tribunal member [EIGHT METRES AWAY!] as she worked in a downstairs area of the [SPACIOUS] hotel. 
A third incident involved a tribunal member who received a message from LinkedIn that stated he had been mentioned in a post from Sasha Rodoy.’ 
www.medscape.co.uk/viewarticle/tribunal-...accused-2022a100236c .

Annex B & C fully detail the MPTS panel’s absurd reasons for their recusal, previously posted 22 September 2022: www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...13000&start=10#21603

The real reasons are far more sinister (of which the GMC/mpts fully aware!), and have nothing to do with me.  (Google ‘#TwistedFncks’ for clues.)

Meanwhile, can anyone tell me why I scare the GMC so much that they feel compelled to exclude my relevant and factual evidence from Jindal’s FtP hearing?

And what makes them so desperate to want to exclude me from attending the FtP hearing even as a member of the public, when I have done absolutely nothing to warrant this?

* After the recusal in September 2022, dates for the relisted hearing were provided within 2-3 weeks, for September 2023. As we fast approach 2024, the possibility therefore arises that Dr Jindal's FtP hearing might not be relisted until 2025. An inexplicable delay, unless a deliberate strategy to wear down complainant witnesses in the hope that they will grow weary and withdraw.

The absence of transparency in this process is entirely unacceptable.

I invite you to consider this; senior Tory government ministers, and family members, hold major shares in Big Pharma, with the UK government having more control over public bodies like the GMC than they would have you believe. And while  BBC News is advertised as being: ‘a statutory corporation, independent from direct government intervention’, have I mentioned the fairies living at the end of my garden 👀

After digesting this information, is there anyone who would now call me paranoid?

Attachments:

• admin
25 Dec 2023 07:10

1/2

‘Dossiers were compiled by 15 departments after scouring social media activity to vet people invited to speak at official events’
www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/18...-on-critics-revealed

Call me paranoid, but a vocal critic of the UK government for over a decade, I suspect that I may be among those targeted by these secret files 👀

Accusing the government of colluding with Big Pharma, it’s possible that my outspoken views have led to inclusion in these covert dossiers. This raises questions about the government's use of such information and the potential consequences for individuals who express dissenting opinions.

My narrative expands beyond government surveillance, shedding light on the scandalous and unregulated refractive surgery industry, infested with malpractice.

Yet despite persistent efforts to bring attention to the industry's corrupt practices, scheduled interviews with major media outlets over the last ten years have not gone ahead. Including The One Show and This Morning, both dropping me at the last minute, and a pre recorded interview with Rip Off Britain omitted from the broadcast, the producer claiming lack of space! While countless press interviews, including the Sunday Express and Telegraph, never saw the light of day.

Tragically, in June 2020, Paul Dance hanged himself after debilitating lens exchange surgery at #Optegra. Representing his partner, Dee Philips, at the inquest in December 2020 (in the midst of the pandemic) technical issues prevented remote access to the proceedings, so that a number of interested journalists were unable to report on it.  The coroner expressed surprise and claimed it was the first time it had happened! 
www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-90355...apology-surgeon.html

I truly believed this scandal would at long last be publicised, because Paul’s suicide was surely HUGE news for the media, with letters to his family detailing the reason for his actions, and Dee fully prepared to engage.

Far from it!  

Immediately after the inquest, scheduled for West Midlands BBC News at 6.30pm, standing next to Dee, but a metre apart due to social distancing, we were both interviewed by BBC reporter Michele Paduano (who squeezed two stories out of Paul's suicide entirely thanks to my help!) 

Both Dee and I said we were calling for the UK government to introduce strict regulations for the refractive eye surgery industry, and to ensure potential patients were fully aware of all risks.  

En route back to my hotel, I received a call from a local MBEF member who’d watched the news, advising me that there was no mention of the lack of regulation in Dee’s heavily edited piece, or her support for MBEFoundation, and not even one sentence from my carefully worded piece.  And - because of our distancing, it was easy to keep me totally out of the frame, so that Sasha Rodoy/MBEFoundation were invisible to the story.

In shock I called Michele, who totally ignored my calls and messages; until much later that evening.  Not even having the guts to speak to me in person he texted his apologies, that he’d ‘f*cked up’, because some of what I'd said was defamatory, and there wasn’t enough left to include in the piece.

Fao Michele Paduano - BULLSH*T!  

I said nothing remotely defamatory, and when I checked my words with two other journalists, they agreed.

The lack of coverage and manipulation by the media raises questions about the transparency and accountability of those responsible for disseminating information to the public. 

To be continued…

Attachments:

• admin
01 Dec 2023 14:23

Please see previous posts about this story here: www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...opic&catid=5&id=1509

Another I'm A Celebrity contestant suffering problems after refractive lens exchange surgery!

After reading lots of press interviews online discussing Frankie Dettori’s light sensitivity post surgery, I then looked at a few clips featuring him in the TV jungle, and he’s certainly doing a lot of squinting, shading his 👀 with either a green sunshade or his hat.

With his surgery only a few months ago, struggling with photophobia, it is indisputably VERY irresponsible behaviour to risk further damage by not wearing sunglasses in this situation!

I don’t know where Frankie had RLE surgery, but the operation is the same, and the problems the same - no matter where!

I suppose it’s too much to hope for that he and Fred Sirieix might chat on camera about their problems after lens exchange surgery  

Attachments:

• admin
30 Sep 2023 16:43

Of course this has nothing to with the ever increasing number of damaged patients, many successfully suing both the company and majority of its surgeons - and following recent information provided by Optical Express insiders, I suspect things are going to get rapidly worse with David Moulsdale at the helm 👀

Scottish eyecare company Optical Express has reported a decline in turnover and profits which it blamed on the result of headwinds from the cost-of-living crisis.

In its latest set of annual accounts filed with Companies House, Optical Express parent company Lorena Investments posted revenues of £146.5 million during the year to December 2022, down from £157.4m previously. Pre-tax profits fell to £39.8m versus £52.1m.

Owned by David Moulsdale, who set up the business in 1991, Glasgow-based Optical Express said its financial performance was hampered by the escalation in operating costs linked to higher electricity, supplier and wage bills. Reduced confidence and disposable income among consumers meant fewer patients proceeded with laser eye surgery, which drove a hefty increase in revenues and profits in the previous year.

www.heraldscotland.com/news/23821339.opt...er-revenues-profits/

Attachments:

• admin
06 Jun 2023 17:52

Con or cure!

What a perfect platform this would have been for #mbefoundation and my work, to help expose the unregulated #refractivesurgery scandal!

In fact, I was invited to feature in this programme last year :kiss:

On 19 Oct 2022, at 12:20, Laura wrote:

'Hi Sasha,

Great chatting with you yesterday! Spoke with the team this morning and like me, they’re keen to feature the story...

We’re putting together the info for the commissioner and I wanted to confirm if you knew anyone else who would like to join you in speaking out on the topic? If you want to pass my email on to them or if they would like me to reach out to them, I’m more than happy to do so. I looked up Paul Dance- what an awful thing to have happened, I know you worked to support his widow- would she be willing to discuss what happened?

Do let me know your thoughts?

Best wishes,
Laura
'

Series producer Karen Donnelly ( www.thetalentmanager.com/talent/1206 ) called to discuss in more detail, 100% eager to include me and MBEF, adamant that this scandal should be publicised, proposing to film interviews within the next two weeks.

A few days later, another call from Karen, saying that her producer had been warned by someone in the Rip Off Britain team (sharing the same BBC office) that Optical Express were litigious, and they didn’t want to risk it!*

But this was about the entire #refractivesurgery industry, not just OE; the latter impotent bullies who won't risk suing anyone nowadays, because they would lose - you cannot defend the indefensible, especially when its backed up with hard evidence!

Regular readers will remember that they eventually dropped their multimillion claim against Associated Newspapers re Daily Mail article in 2017.
'And unfortunately, since Optical Express issued their (approx) £21.5 million claim against Associated Newspapers Ltd (ANL) re Daily Mail's cover of Daniel Boffey’s story, every time a journalist has contacted me keen to write a story, they’ve come back to me a few days later with excuses for suddenly losing interest.'
www.facebook.com/OERML/posts/no-more-ms-...to-/1363485330425033

However, Karen assured me that she felt very strongly that this story should be publicised, and she intended to fight for it.

I never heard from her again.

*ROB had contacted me in 2017, similarly expressing their intention to cover this scandal.

I provided them with all the information and case studies they wanted, travelling to BBC Manchester studios in August 2017, when they filmed a lengthy interview with me.

But shortly before broadcast, the programme’s Creative Director, Rob Unsworth, told me there wasn’t enough time to include anything from my interview!

This information from the ROB team to Karen therefore proved what I had known all along, that Rob was lying!

In parts, the ROB piece was more like a promo for the industry, interviews with some of the most devastating case studies not featured: "At very short notice I contacted a number of OE’s damaged patients willing to be interviewed on camera, but they [ROB] pushed me for more ’shocking’ cases, operated on no earlier than 2016, telling me that otherwise the piece would be dropped."

Plenty of time was given to The Royal College of Ophthalmologists representatives in the piece, advertising the joys of unregulated refractive surgery!
www.facebook.com/OERML/photos/when-the-r...as-/1435161513257414

And as I said then, it takes 10-15 seconds max for me to say, ‘I am a patient advocate and I represent thousands of patients damaged by the unregulated refractive eye surgery industry, including myself, and I have worked with Shadow Chancellor John McDonnell since 2012 campaigning for government regulation!

Full ROB story here: 'URGENT! 16 Aug 2017 15:25'
www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...media?start=70#13963

Attachments:

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount