logo6

General Chat

• ex-employee

Replied by ex-employee on topic Optical Express Ruined My Life Forum

Posted 11 Nov 2014 23:05 #401
Noelle is Stephen Hannan's girlfriend so this might make you laugh!

Last Edit:11 Nov 2014 23:06 by ex-employee
Attachments:
  • Stephanie Holloway
  • Stephanie Holloway's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Stephanie Holloway on topic Claim culture!!

Posted 11 Nov 2014 19:22 #402
"He added: “The internet and social media amplify an issue. A small number of patients may be dissatisfied with the outcome but there is a lot of sensationalism in the media and the sad thing is that we then don’t get the opportunity to provide further treatment, which could have corrected the issue.”

Mr Moulsdale concluded: “This is very much a claim culture and we are not given the opportunity to carry out enhancements to achieve a level they are satisfied with
.””

Well, well, well.

Mr Moulsdale is a little stung perhaps?

I wish he had come to my trial. He would then have heard from his own little puppets that I did have an 'enhancement' and it didn't work - nor can I have any further treatment, as agreed by Paul Rosen, the medical expert representing Optical Express.

I am all about getting on with my life and trying to move forward - but when I hear ''we are not given the opportunity to carry out enhancements to achieve a level they are satisfied with.” I get so frustrated! He may as well be offering chocolate teapots.

Good luck to anyone taking legal action - I nearly gave up so many times, but trust me when I say the truth will set you free!

Keep going!

Stephanie Holloway
Last Edit:12 Nov 2014 10:43 by Stephanie Holloway
  • HazelJ
  • HazelJ's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by HazelJ on topic Seeing the surgeon on the day

Posted 11 Nov 2014 19:18 #403
Words fail me :(
by HazelJ
  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Danny on topic Optical Express Ruined My Life Forum

Posted 11 Nov 2014 19:05 #404
Its the usual Moulsdale bullshit, he's trying his best to limit the damage that's being caused recently and its only going to get bigger, the comments he makes made me chuckle as my experience is the complete opposite, I went back and forward for almost 3 years with them attempting to fix the damage they had done to my eyes, I did everything they asked and went where they told me to in the hope of getting my vision restored to what it should be, I gave them every opportunity but in the end I believe that they were just stringing me along hoping to ride out the 3 year litigation time limit, luckily their own mr fixit, Jan Venter, told me the truth just in time, in his own words he said he just didn't know how to fix me and I probably couldn't be fixed and would just have to live with it, how rather nice of him.

Luckily this was just in time for me to initiate litigation which is almost 3 years in now, my day in court will be here soon........
by Danny
  • fedup

Replied by fedup on topic Optical Express Ruined My Life Forum

Posted 11 Nov 2014 08:42 #405

Justine wrote: He added: “The internet and social media amplify an issue. A small number of patients may be dissatisfied with the outcome but there is a lot of sensationalism in the media and the sad thing is that we then don’t get the opportunity to provide further treatment, which could have corrected the issue.”

Mr Moulsdale concluded: “This is very much a claim culture and we are not given the opportunity to carry out enhancements to achieve a level they are satisfied with.””

I agree about the blame and claim culture in this country, but that's where my agreement with David Moulsdale ENDS.

Mr Mousdale you are talking out of the wrong end of your body, I only saw the so called surgeon for about 4 minutes prior to surgery and even then I was LIED too.

I gave Optical Express SEVEN chances over a number of years to fix the mess they caused with lasik, and on every occasion they just made it worse.

Optical Express had many chances to repair my eyes, I asked them to refer and pay for me to see someone who actually knew what they were doing. They REFUSED to do this. Anyone needing proof please ask me and I will let you see all my correspondence from Optical Express with their refusal.

'Patient care', I THINK NOT. Taking your money and ruining you life, I THINK SO

That leaves patients like me no choice but to seek legal action.
Last Edit:11 Nov 2014 19:23 by fedup
  • LOL

Replied by LOL on topic Free?!

Posted 10 Nov 2014 23:27 #406

Justine wrote: www.optometry.co.uk/news-and-features/news/?article=6599
"A state-of-the-art personalised eye care report, iScan, is being launched by Optical Express The report is free to everyone attending a refractive surgery consultation..."

According to opticianonline: "The service will be provided free of charge initially".

Optical Express survives on the small print. :dry:

"A potential big earner for OE - AND, yet another opportunity to push the 'guaranteed' benefits of refractive surgery alongside the personalised eye care report."
www.facebook.com/pages/My-Beautiful-Eyes/646365588794480 (4 November):
Last Edit:10 Nov 2014 23:49 by LOL
  • Justine

Replied by Justine on topic Seeing the surgeon on the day

Posted 10 Nov 2014 21:37 #407
www.optometry.co.uk/news-and-features/news/?article=6599
"A state-of-the-art personalised eye care report, iScan, is being launched by Optical Express across the UK and Ireland following months of research...

The report is free to everyone attending a refractive surgery consultation and Optical Express said that over 90% of patients are suitable for refractive treatment...

Asked about the business advantages, Optical Express chairman and CEO, David Moulsdale, told OT: “This is first to market and raises awareness of technology. We are putting in major investment and leadership into the optical market. It will lead to greater long term relationships with patients, monitoring their ocular health over time, thereby paving the way for them to come back to us.

The new service aims to ‘empower patients’ by giving them important information about their eye health and advice, if needed, on how it should be best managed...

The report will also give patients identified as suitable for refractive surgery further information about the benefits and potential risks of their recommended procedure...

Asked how the company was responding to recent negative press about laser eye surgery, Mr Moulsdale told OT: “We are making sure people internally fully understand the safety and efficiency of laser eye surgery. We have operated on over 600,000 patients. All surgery always carries a risk of side effects but 99% of our patients achieve 20/20 vision and would recommend us to their family and friends.

He added: “The internet and social media amplify an issue. A small number of patients may be dissatisfied with the outcome but there is a lot of sensationalism in the media and the sad thing is that we then don’t get the opportunity to provide further treatment, which could have corrected the issue.”

Mr Moulsdale concluded: “This is very much a claim culture and we are not given the opportunity to carry out enhancements to achieve a level they are satisfied with.”"

Legislation is required Mr Moulsdale, to confirm that your "small number of dissatisfied patients" is indeed small, and to audit just how many patients suffer complications resulting in less than optimal outcomes and life long problems, often with non disclosure agreements for the privilege.

The Royal College of Ophthalmologists Guidelines state that patients should be seen by the surgeon before the day of surgery. How many would have decided to go ahead with surgery, or been offered surgery, had this taken place?
Last Edit:10 Nov 2014 23:11 by Justine
  • Tina

Replied by Tina on topic Optical Express Ruined My Life Forum

Posted 21 Oct 2014 13:48 #408
I found you guys whilst doing some research about laser correction. Obviously I took a look at Optical Express as they come up at the top of google but decided to do some more research. Ive been reading some scary stuff about OE. Is it just them who are bad or is all laser surgery dodgy? Can anyone recommend a good surgeon in central london?

thanks!

It's not just the high street you should avoid and if you contact me with your phone number I'll be happy to give you more detailed info
: admin@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk
:kiss:
Last Edit:21 Oct 2014 13:59 by Tina
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic Scary Spice Mel B!

Posted 19 Oct 2014 08:23 #409
For more than two years I have repeatedly told people that I dream of a celebrity announcing problems after laser eye surgery to raise public awareness!

After the 10 o'clock news this evening, about to turn off TV, I surfed channels and caught the Jonathan Ross Show, with Cheryl Cole and Mel B on the couch.

I really like Mel B, a woman after my own heart - outspoken, no bullsh*t… zapper in hand, I stood and watched for a few minutes.

When Mel said she was dreading presenting the forthcoming MoBo awards, Cheryl asked her why.

Mel replied, because she was nearly blind in her left eye and couldn’t read the auto cues.

I was ready to scream, expecting her to say that she was going to have laser eye surgery - delirious when I heard what she did say!!

Jonathan Ross asked Mel why she was nearly blind, and she replied: “Because I had laser eye surgery 15 years ago and I shouldn’t have... I now need a corneal transplant”.

Sweet music to my ears - to finally hear a celebrity admit their problems after laser eye surgery!

Whoever operated on Mel B has persuaded her that she's "One in a million"!

I have faith that Mel B will want to offer her support to warn others not to risk this happening to them, and I will be contacting Mel's agent
:kiss:
Last Edit:10 Nov 2014 23:45 by admin
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic Update re X Factor winner James Arthur

Posted 18 Oct 2014 19:57 #410
On 18 August '14, Daily Star published a story about 'X Factor' winner James Arthur planning to have laser eye surgery at Optical Express.

On 25 August I posted: "A little birdy at OE whistled to me earlier that in fact James Arthur has now cancelled his surgery after seeing the Which? report."

The following week James went for a consultation with an independent laser eye surgeon.

Shock horror!

The surgeon advised James that his eyes were unsuitable for laser eye surgery at that time, yet OE had intended to operate regardless!

Sadly - and stupidly, it seems that James went against the surgeons advice and allowed OE to operate less than a month later!

Reported by ‘sintillate.co.uk’ on 25 Sept:
"James Arthur underwent laser eye surgery last week.

The 'X Factor' winner decided to have the procedure to correct his vision after wearing glasses and contact lenses for much of his life.

The 26-year-old star admitted it took him
"longer than normal" to recover, but claims he can now see perfectly.

He wrote on Twitter
: "So I had laser eye surgery last week!"

He added: "Because I had a large prescription it's taken longer than normal to recover but I'm now seeing 20/20!”"

I do have problems with my own eyes, but I can see no such tweets!

There is however this one posted 8 October:

"I've been absent from Twitter for a bit.. Mainly because my eyes have been sore but also because I've been working on new music!"

Last Edit:18 Oct 2014 19:57 by admin
Attachments:
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount