logo6

General Chat

• Jen

Replied by Jen on topic Optical Express Ruined My Life Forum

Posted 27 Sep 2014 09:39 #411
Hello, all.

I just wanted to add to the list of patient experiences. I am relieved to have never got to the stage of being a patient with OE.

In 2007, a month before my sister's wedding, at which I would be bridesmaid, I went to Optical Express in Blackburn with my father, to enquire about laser eye surgery for short sightedness.

We left the premises feeling insulted and astonished. We were insulted that someone who evidently had very little intelligence had been employed to put the hard sell on us, and astonished that her misinformed powers of persuasion could ever have convinced anyone to entrust the health of their eyes to Optical Express!!!

I made it clear that at that point I only wanting more information, and that I definitely wouldn't want to commit to anything prior to my sister's wedding, but her response was an excited and wistful "but just think!!!!! You could walk down the aisle without your glasses on!!!!"

Well, thanks to the wonderful technology of contact lenses, which I told her that I had been wearing since 2000, I would obviously not be wearing my glasses at the wedding!

We found it pathetic and inappropriate to employ someone like that as the first port of call on our visit to enquire about life changing surgery. There was not a cat in hell's chance I'd have gone ahead.

At a later stage I enquired at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, who dealt professionally and respectfully with my enquiries. There was no hard sell. I was given as much time as I needed to make my decision, and everyone with whom I spoke was intelligent, informed, highly trained and respectable. They were far removed from the low class airhead at OE, who probably didn't even have any GCSEs.

I ended up not having laser eye surgery, mainly because of the fact that I naturally have dry eyes and have been reliably informed, by medical staff, and by those who have had laser eye surgery, that this can be exacerbated by surgery.

Well done on setting up this site!!!
Last Edit:27 Sep 2014 10:15 by Jen
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic I can resist everythng excpt temptation ;)

Posted 19 Sep 2014 22:08 #412
A childish moment perhaps...

The brief conversation between screen grabs below included Mail Online link to Stephanie's case in Royal Courts of Justice and Graeme replying that he couldn't access internet - and my sending text he COULD read!
www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...r-joanna-mcgraw.html

Question: will Graeme be online tomorrow/Monday, or will he listen to his conscience and quit?
:kiss:
Last Edit:19 Sep 2014 22:13 by admin
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic "World class"?!

Posted 04 Sep 2014 12:53 #413
Email from Lynsay Shaw (Optical Express Head of Customer Care) to client who recently contacted me for help re deposit refund.

NB: Red highlights are mine.

Read the responses to Ms Shaw's claims on OERML Facebook: www.facebook.com/OpticalExpressRuinedMyLife
Last Edit:04 Sep 2014 12:56 by admin
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Tweet tweet!

Posted 01 Sep 2014 21:02 #414
For those of you who have missed her, the little blue birdy is back!

A few months ago I tweeted to some of the people who were complaining on OE's Twitter page, so Optical Express complained to Twitter and @OERML was suspended.

I appealed numerous times to the Big Twit in the sky... explained who I am, what I am doing, provided details of the THREE Nominet DRS decisions in my favour, that FIVE independent legal experts over two years had all agreed that OERML is a justified criticism site...

The automated messages eventually deemed that @OERML was suspended for upsetting Optical Express - "FOREVER"!

No freedom of speech on Twitter :(

Not one to be beaten, I've now streamed @MBE to the Twitter feed.

All you Tweeters out there, please follow me!

twitter.com/MyBeautifulEye
Last Edit:01 Sep 2014 23:21 by admin
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic GMC Guidleines for Good Medical Practice!

Posted 29 Aug 2014 13:38 #415
The following are just a few of the GMC's guidelines for ALL doctors, which Optical Express seemingly ignore for the most part:

P8: 16

P10: 23

P11: 25

P13:

P18:

P20:

www.gmc-uk.org/Good_medical_practice___E...414.pdf_51527435.pdf
Last Edit:29 Aug 2014 22:43 by admin
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic Say sorry?

Posted 28 Aug 2014 08:19 #416
Apologise ! What use is that if the surgeon who has damaged a patient thinks that's enough to make things right ! It's like being punched in the face by someone who then thinks a 'sorry' makes it right, but you've still been punched in the face !
by Mr Starburst
  • shabir

Replied by shabir on topic Say sorry?

Posted 27 Aug 2014 19:10 #417
What point is there to hear just a 'sorry' from someone who has screwed your eye sight? There must be a fairer way of dealing with these people that perhaps readers can guess!
Last Edit:27 Aug 2014 19:42 by shabir
  • Chris

Replied by Chris on topic Say sorry?

Posted 27 Aug 2014 08:41 #418
Doctors to consider apologising to patients for poor treatment.

bma.org.uk/news-views-analysis/news/2014...y-a-must-for-doctors
Last Edit:27 Aug 2014 09:11 by Chris
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic X Factor winnerJames Arthur

Posted 25 Aug 2014 15:09 #419
The same day Which? released details of their laser eye surgery report to press and media, the Daily Star announced that 'X Factor' winner James Arthur planned to re-launch his career with laser eye surgery at Optical Express.

www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/playlist/394...er-after-eye-surgery

A little birdy at OE whistled to me that in fact James Arthur has now cancelled his surgery after seeing the Which? report.
Last Edit:25 Aug 2014 15:10 by admin
Attachments:
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic 2nd thoughts

Posted 24 Aug 2014 14:40 #420
Hi Emilio,
Unlike all the damaged patients on this site and elsewhere also, you have the advantage of being able to view accurate information and read about the very real horror cases that the laser/refractive eye surgery industry creates. These types of surgeries are inherently massively more risky than any surgeon will tell you. You have the info, so I hope you take heed of it and avoid any of these types of ops !
Last Edit:24 Aug 2014 19:40 by Mr Starburst
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount