logo6

General Chat

• Simon Supremo

Replied by Simon Supremo on topic Had surgery done at OE in Leeds...

Posted 03 Jun 2014 20:37 #441
I booked by laser eye surgery with OE at the end of April for my surgery on May 30th at the Leeds branch of OE (Airedale House).

I must admit, I was rather nervous and certainly after stumbling across this website a few days later, I almost considered cancelling it.

I'm glad that I didn't. The results have been fantastic and quite frankly, getting better.

Whilst I understand that people have suffered from complications in the past, I would say to any perspective patient... all surgery carries risks. If you balance the bad against the good, the successful, problem-free surgery will heavily outweigh the bad.

However, I fail to understand why you're posting your [strike]prospective[/strike] - oops,I mean perspective - here, which is quite frankly an insult to the thousands who are suffering with irreparable and debilitating damage to their eyes thanks to Optical Express!

I suggest you take your glowing review and [strike]stick it[/strike] - oops, I mean post it - on the Optical Express website where negative posts are not allowed, or perhaps on one of the many corrupt review sites like Trustpilot, where OE's busy IT team post under aliases.

:kiss:
Last Edit:04 Jun 2014 08:08 by Simon Supremo
  • john

Replied by john on topic Alphagan Drops

Posted 02 Jun 2014 20:07 #442
I have just been given Alphagan drops by OE at their Harley Street branch to prevent night time glare. Has anyone had any experience with these drops?
Last Edit:09 Jun 2014 11:56 by john
  • Beware

Replied by Beware on topic Optical Express Ruined My Life Forum

Posted 31 May 2014 23:56 #443

Price now at £595, but nothing else changed :(
by Beware
  • Something interesting

Replied by Something interesting on topic Customer ripoff!

Posted 17 May 2014 20:02 #444
www.standard.co.uk/business/business-new...-ripoff-9381779.html

You might find this article an interesting read.
Last Edit:17 May 2014 22:32 by Something interesting
  • CML
  • CML's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by CML on topic Please support this site!!

Posted 06 May 2014 11:03 #445
You have been great help to me. Contribution made. Please keep up with the great work!
by CML
  • Caro

Replied by Caro on topic Arrogant consultants

Posted 05 May 2014 11:12 #446
To every arrogant consultant, who 'covers' for other surgeons' botched surgery:

"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane."
Martin Luther King.

It is time that consultants realise that victims of failed eye surgery are not dirt beneath their feet, and that by refusing to help us, with honesty - and the care and support we need, they are causing us great harm and tarnishing their own reputations.
Last Edit:05 May 2014 11:24 by Caro
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic Optical Express Ruined My Life Forum

Posted 05 May 2014 09:21 #447
A lady I spoke to at a demo outside OE's Harley St clinic last year told me that Julian Stevens was extremely arrogant and that she suffered from double vision following refractive eye surgery with him.
Last Edit:05 May 2014 09:32 by Mr Starburst
  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Danny on topic Optical Express Ruined My Life Forum

Posted 04 May 2014 17:32 #448
I saw Julian Stevens a few years ago after OE sent me to him after they damaged my eyes.
I thought the guy was so arrogant, he looks down on folk as if it were something he stepped in. Awful man.
Last Edit:04 May 2014 18:03 by Danny
  • Angry

Replied by Angry on topic Julian Stevens' comment

Posted 02 May 2014 13:25 #449
If Julian Stevens of Moorfields said that he would have to turn away half the people that came to him, (when Debs asked why he had thought she was a good candidate for surgery - and clearly she wasn't), then he should do just that if they are likely to be prone to dry eye!!!

This is a serious condition!

When I saw Julian Stevens, desperate to have my eyesight repaired (thanks to Optimax), I was feeling suicidal. He spent a few moments with me, even though he was aware that I had travelled all the way from Yorkshire to see him, and he then announced that nothing could be done to restore my sight.

Anyone with a drop of compassion might have given my hand a little squeeze or said "I'm sorry", or stayed with me for a moment, but he walked away, completely indifferent to the fact that tears were rolling down my face, and I was in a state of shock.

Pity, because I believe a little kindness can go a long way. Still, laser eye surgery must be a nice little earner for the NHS private trusts.
Last Edit:02 May 2014 16:46 by Angry
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic Problems after surgery?!

Posted 30 Apr 2014 17:47 #450
OE never fail to amuse!

They sent this to one of my clients, directing him to the Optical Express Complex Cases Clinic in Harley Street for a consultation with the recently demoted Dr Jan Venter.

For those with poor vision, this map shows OE's Harley St clinic relocated in Wimpole Street!

Btw, since someone mentioned elsewhere that Jan is not a UK professor, all trace of 'Professor' title has been expunged from OE's UK site, except for teeny weeny writing on his profile photo - which I believe has been reported to the ASA.

I bet Jan can't wait to get out of OE in July and back to his comfort zone in Sth Africa :kiss:
Last Edit:30 Apr 2014 17:56 by admin
Attachments:
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount