logo6

General Chat

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic Please support this site!!

Posted 28 Apr 2014 22:42 #451
Please help me to continue with My Beautiful Eyes Campaign and free advisory service!

I don’t get paid for what I do and have so far financed everything personally, which I’m sure you will appreciate has cost me a lot of money over two years.

I am happy to give my time freely but do need help towards the increasing maintenance costs of MBE & OERML websites, phones, travel, business cards, flyers, demos and much more!

If you can make a contribution, no matter how small, it will enable me to continue helping people with information, advice, refunds, etc… for which I don’t ask any payment.

You can contribute here via credit card or Paypal - anonymously if you prefer:
fundrazr.com/campaigns/3kL86/ab/13FkEb

Thank you for your support...
:kiss:
Last Edit:30 Apr 2014 17:52 by admin
  • Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nick on topic In the press & online

Posted 06 Apr 2014 14:07 #452
Great publicity to highlight these sites B)

www.richardhartley.com/2014/04/optical-e...ery-critics-website/
"Optical Express loses bid to close laser eye surgery critic’s website"
Last Edit:07 Apr 2014 07:41 by Nick
  • HazelJ
  • HazelJ's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by HazelJ on topic Support group needed

Posted 02 Apr 2014 18:57 #453
Hi Debs

We all trust what the surgeons tell us I felt a complete idiot after having had RLE surgery 18 mths ago, I was so desperate to be glasses free that I didn't even think of checking out if there were problems with this procedure. I am now having to learn to live with dry eyes, blurred vision and distant vision problems which I didn't have before, this affects driving and when I'm out riding.

The problem I have is that although I need glasses I can't wear them as I have to make sure I look at a certain angle or focus on a part of the lens else verything goes blurred. I also have floaters and glare from the lenses.

I went back to college this year. I am 57 so this was a big step, but my eyes then were ok and I was feeling good, but before I began all the problems started and I have struggled all the way through.

I have now started legal proceedings against them and suggest you do the same thing. It won't bring your sight back but will make you feel a whole lot better.

If you would like to contact me Sasha has my details.

Chin up :S Hazel
Last Edit:02 Apr 2014 23:28 by HazelJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debs
  • Pandora
  • Pandora's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Pandora on topic Mr Julian Stevens @ Moorfields

Posted 02 Apr 2014 09:19 #454

Debs wrote: When I asked Mr Stevens why he thought I was a suitable candidate, his response was that if he had said no to me he would have to say no to half of the people who walk through his door!

I think Mr Julian Stevens has clearly and succinctly explained the attitude of most in this industry!
Last Edit:02 Apr 2014 11:45 by Pandora
  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Danny on topic Optical Express Ruined My Life Forum

Posted 02 Apr 2014 07:27 #455
Its an unfortunate story that is all too common in this vile industry. You expect a few rogues in most industries, but in this one it seems the vast majority are just out for what they can get and don't give a stuff about the customer/patient or the life long debilitating results of what they do.

I would suggest that you get some legal advice, speak to Sasha as she can guide you to some very good legal experts.

If you were not told about all the risks or any risks specific to you (very dry eyes in your case) then you may well have a case against them. But beware that this route is a long one, I've found that most of these guys in the industry know each other and cover each others backs, if you get my drift! So it's very difficult to get a true, unbiased expert opinion.
Last Edit:02 Apr 2014 07:40 by Danny
  • Anonymous

Replied by Anonymous on topic Support group needed

Posted 01 Apr 2014 19:51 #456
Hi Debs,

Sadly, your story is so similar to many of those on the site - I am happy to chat with you anytime, am based in Ireland - but if I can help I will.

Sasha has my details.
Last Edit:01 Apr 2014 19:53 by Anonymous
  • Debs
  • Debs's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Debs on topic Support group needed

Posted 01 Apr 2014 10:40 #457
I had surgery a year ago but still feel no closer to accepting the problems I have been left with.

I believed my surgeon, Julian Stevens at Moorfields eye hospital, when he told me that I was a suitable candidate for laser surgery, despite that I had dry eyes, a low tear film and MGD!

Looking back now I wonder how I could possibly have just accepted the surgeon's opinion. I trusted him to give me all the facts, openly discuss the problems that may occur and tell me if I was taking a risk, but clearly this is not the way the industry works!

Post surgery my body went in to shock and I immediately suffered chronic dry eyes, and terrible floaters. I am also struggling to deal with burning eyes and blurred vision.

I have struggled for a year now to come to terms with this, but really need the support of others who understand how this has made me feel. I have spent hours chatting to all my friends and family but it is difficult for them to fully understand the impact this has had on my life.

I am reminded of the bad decision I made every second of my day, it is only when I get to bed at night that I finally relax, but in the morning it starts all over again!

I am a mother of three small children and somehow need to find a way of dealing with this. I am so angry with the industry, as I know you all are, that allows this to happen.

When I asked Mr Stevens why he thought I was a suitable candidate, his response was that if he had said no to me he would have to say no to half of the people who walk through his door! Clearly people of my age who are becoming intolerant of contact lenses, look for an alternative to wearing glasses full time - but how many in this group are offered surgery and end up with life changing complications because of it?

I am so angry that we are given the go ahead and not made fully aware that since our eyes are not completely healthy we are taking a risk! I am yet to get any surgeon to admit to this, but from what I have read now I cannot believe this is not the case!

I would love to hear from others in a similar situation as I am hoping that through supporting each other we may be able to rebuild our lives and learn to live again.

I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks, Debs.
Last Edit:02 Apr 2014 09:03 by Debs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dublin
  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Danny on topic Lies from Schallhorn

Posted 17 Mar 2014 11:37 #458
The only time I saw the surgeon was when being taken through for surgery, he sat me on a chair, shined a light in my eyes for about 90 seconds and mumbled that he will see me in the next room in a few mins for the surgery, that was it, no discussion of the procedure, nothing about the treatment he proposed or anything. Worst of all he neglected to explain ANY of the huge risks to me.

Even after the surgery, I was going back to the OE branch every few weeks and asking to see the surgeon and they would not let me.

In my opinion he obviously did not want to see me as he probably knew that he had permanently damaged my eyes. The excuses they gave me each time were comical, it just shows how this awful company operate.
Last Edit:17 Mar 2014 11:41 by Danny
  • Dublin
  • Dublin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Dublin on topic Steve Schall(ow)horn

Posted 17 Mar 2014 09:52 #459
I asked to see my surgeon...was told he was busy, when I tried to insist, I was told to wait until 5pm, (this was 11 am) not exactly the service Schallhorn described on BBC Radio 5 Live Invetsigates...
Last Edit:05 Apr 2014 23:06 by Dublin
  • CML
  • CML's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by CML on topic after BBC News

Posted 17 Mar 2014 09:29 #460
Not sure if anyone noticed, OE changed their google search. Prior to BBC 5, they praised on their 1500+ positive feedback on google. However, if you search on OE now, they did not disclose the feedback anymore.
by CML
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount