logo6

General Chat

• "One of those"

Replied by "One of those" on topic Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)

Posted 05 Jan 2014 21:35 #471
The Optical Express consent form which covers the surgeon/patient consultation states "all questions answered"! So at the end of the day it's your word against theirs.
But how do you know what to ask when handed this long and complicated consent form and asked to sign it in the middle of the consultation?
So many things can and do happen that are not mentioned - are we meant to know in advance to ask about these things? Or are they considered to be in a rare category so not worth mentioning. This is where a central body should be collating evidence on post op complications as Optical Express will only help patients with problems if they sign a non disclosure clause (gagging order) so no-one gets to hear about the complications which occur apparently more often than this industry would like us us to know!
Last Edit:05 Jan 2014 23:19 by "One of those"
  • Blinky

Replied by Blinky on topic TV ads

Posted 04 Jan 2014 15:02 #472
Last night I was enraged to see an advert for Optical Express on ITV (London Channel 3). But then I thought, what's the first thing anyone interested would do?
Google 'Optical Express' of course!! :lol:
Last Edit:04 Jan 2014 15:08 by Blinky
  • nannypat
  • nannypat's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by nannypat on topic GENERAL CHAT - Open to all

Posted 30 Dec 2013 08:33 #473
Hi Chris did you find a solicitor? If you did can you let me know who please.
Many thanks Pat

Last Edit:31 Dec 2013 16:46 by nannypat
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic The clock is ticking...

Posted 29 Dec 2013 15:34 #474
www.itv.com/news/update/2013-12-29/cosme...ave-nowhere-to-hide/ :
"The Government will take "robust action" to clamp down on "cosmetic cowboys" under new plans to register breast implants for operations.

Health Minister Dr Dan Poulter said:
'For too long, the cosmetics industry has been completely unregulated and there are too many tales of women who have been exploited and of lives ruined by rogue cosmetic firms and practitioners.
We will also be outlining rigorous plans to clamp down on irresponsible cosmetics advertising. For the cosmetic cowboys, be it on the high street, or in the operating theatre, there will be nowhere to hide
.'"
Last Edit:15 Oct 2014 22:28 by Mr Starburst
  • HazelJ
  • HazelJ's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by HazelJ on topic Reply to HazelJ

Posted 26 Dec 2013 17:58 #475
It was taken out in one of their shops in Scotland waiting for bank statement to come through so we can send proof of them taking money.
by HazelJ
  • enda c

Replied by enda c on topic Reply to HazelJ

Posted 23 Dec 2013 21:58 #476
Your bank should be able to track exact location using transaction code quoted on your Visa bill.
Last Edit:23 Dec 2013 22:08 by enda c
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic In Memory of David Orton

Posted 23 Dec 2013 16:53 #477
David Orton died yesterday after being diagnosed with inoperable cancer just a few months ago, on the 30th August.

His wife Sue told me the sad news this morning.

David was a strong MBE Campaign supporter and damaged OE patient, and a few weeks ago he gave me his permission to use his story as I see fit.

I will therefore pay tribute to his memory accordingly in the next few days.

For now, I'd like to mention that David referred to Stephen as "Piggy Hannan", as it would make him smile to see it posted here for all to read!
:kiss:
Last Edit:23 Dec 2013 22:10 by admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: HazelJ
  • HazelJ

Replied by HazelJ on topic Reply to HazelJ

Posted 20 Dec 2013 19:09 #478
It appears OE have no record of the £10 they've taken out of our account! Despite the fact they enclosed the Visa slip and it was taken out in Scotland - we've never been to Scotland :unsure:
Last Edit:20 Dec 2013 20:31 by HazelJ
  • HazelJ

Replied by HazelJ on topic GENERAL CHAT - Open to all

Posted 18 Dec 2013 16:33 #479
Hi Hendo82, I think we all feel really angry! The arrogance of the staff that work in the stores really gets me! Aim your anger at them, get angry, contact your MP, see a soliciter. Use your anger, I am :evil:
Last Edit:18 Dec 2013 18:47 by HazelJ
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic GENERAL CHAT - Open to all

Posted 18 Dec 2013 09:52 #480
This whole scandal is a prime example of why businesses should be stopped from cutting corners when cutting corneas !
by Mr Starburst
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount