logo6

REFRACTIVE LENS EXCHANGE aka RLE/NLR +IOLs

• HazelJ
  • HazelJ's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by HazelJ on topic Halos: Is there a ring of truth around them?

Posted 10 Jun 2014 18:12 #311
Thanks for advice, I too will be out trying to look at the moon tonight. Mind you the floaters will probably get in the way lol :(

Last Edit:10 Jun 2014 18:15 by HazelJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin
  • I should have stayed at specsavers

Replied by I should have stayed at specsavers on topic Halos: Is there a ring of truth around them?

Posted 09 Jun 2014 18:35 #312
Were you told that if you see halos around bright lights it is because your brain is not allowing you to see correctly/

I was told this by [strike]Prof [/strike] Dr Jan Arrogant Venter just before he slashed my eye open.

If the moon is out tonight and you can lean back far enough, you need to be almost looking down your cheek line, the bottom of the halo will disappear. It has nothing to do with your brain and everything to do with the fact that you are looking at the moon from below your IO lenses.

Give it a go, but it takes a lot of leaning so have someone support you!
Last Edit:10 Jun 2014 11:48 by I should have stayed at specsavers
  • should have stayed with specsavers

Replied by should have stayed with specsavers on topic Campaign support

Posted 09 Jun 2014 16:48 #313
Thanks for the link.

I had seen something about donating when I first found this site and will now do so.
PS: I was posting as 'anon' but changed my name!
Last Edit:09 Jun 2014 18:03 by should have stayed with specsavers
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic Campaign support

Posted 09 Jun 2014 09:55 #314
It's all very well donating to Oxford hospital but I think your money would be better invested in Sasha's campaign.

I was helped immeasurably by Sasha who doesn't get paid for what she does. I know full well that she won't let the industry GET AWAY WITH RUINING SO MANY EYES AND LIVES!

We can't expect Sasha to do all this without our help and it is of vital importance that we support her campaign, as there's no one else in the world doing anything comparable to what she does.

PLEASE support her efforts even if it's only a tenner.
fundrazr.com/campaigns/3kL86/ab/53Fw4e
Last Edit:09 Jun 2014 10:15 by Mr Starburst
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin
  • anon

Replied by anon on topic Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)

Posted 08 Jun 2014 21:33 #315
I had a long chat with the nurse who did the checks before I saw the doctor. She told me they see many patients who have had their sight damaged by OE and others. She said that the NHS are left to pick up the pieces.

I will attempt to get my money back from Hitachi finance and I can assure you that a large percentage will be donated to Oxford eye hospital.
by anon
  • Should Have Gone to Specsavers

Replied by Should Have Gone to Specsavers on topic Retreatment on the NHS

Posted 08 Jun 2014 16:55 #316
Anon - that was by no means a criticism of you, I was simply pointing out that the NHS is being penalised financially thanks to the mistakes Optical Express have made.

If enough people like you go to the NHS with post op problems it should filter back to the government that they are in fact subsidising Optical Express!

Never mind that people are having their eyes destroyed, the government will only act when they realise it's costing them money.
Last Edit:08 Jun 2014 16:58 by Should Have Gone to Specsavers
  • anon

Replied by anon on topic Retreatment on the NHS

Posted 08 Jun 2014 16:36 #317
You are probably right, but I have paid National Insurance all of my working life for 48 yrs and have had very little NHS treatment in that time. My other option is to let OE get near my eyes again which is not an option.
Last Edit:08 Jun 2014 16:58 by anon
  • Should Have Gone to Specsavers

Replied by Should Have Gone to Specsavers on topic Retreatment on the NHS

Posted 08 Jun 2014 16:23 #318
The government should force Optical Express to reimburse the NHS for the costs of this treatment.
Last Edit:08 Jun 2014 16:24 by Should Have Gone to Specsavers
  • anon

Replied by anon on topic RLE complications

Posted 08 Jun 2014 16:08 #319
I took myself off to Oxford eye hospital this morning hoping they wouldn't tell me to b*gger off.

On the contrary, when I explained that Optical Express had not contacted me for a week regarding the problem with my left eye they told me the medical term is Posterior Capsular Opacification. Perhaps OE don't know it as they didn't tell me that.

I want nothing to do with OE who need to be shut down ASAP. I will get an appointment at Oxford in the next 1-2 months to have the laser treatment I need there.

I have never experienced such bad customer service as I have at OE. Thank the Lord we all have Sasha to help guide us through our problems. When I was googling eye surgery back in early 2012 this site didn't exist unfortunately because if it did I would never have gone to Optical Express. They have a lot to answer for and I hope they are brought to book.
Last Edit:08 Jun 2014 16:19 by anon
  • Bobby2
  • Bobby2's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by Bobby2 on topic Comments appreciated

Posted 06 Jun 2014 18:53 #320
Anon
I know exactly how you feel, you are looking for answers, probably believing you have made one error of judgement and don't want to make another one.

To advise you is hard, all I can do is share my experience and pass on the knowledge I was forced to seek after the event, which OE did not provide prior to surgery.

I point blank refused to allow OE to perform any further surgery and went elsewhere for my correction, which was very expensive. I would say the surgery was no more painful than the first, but it is risky. One of my eyes was damaged during the explant, which causes some problems, so take great care in choosing your surgeon. I advise you ask Sasha for advice on that as she knows who's done what to patients and can tell you who to avoid.

Have you been told that you need YAG? Is your vision like looking through tracing paper? After having YAG I belive you will be stuck with the multifocal lens. After my explant I had YAG in both eyes, but the improvement in my clarity of vision was small. I then had to have it repeated, which if I was at 0 and was hoping for 10, it took me to a 5 or 6. I still get misty vision in dull conditions.

I hope this helps, it's the best I personally can do and if only you could trust them, it should be the experts providing your answers.

PS: Ask about the probability of retinal detachment after YAG laser.
Last Edit:06 Jun 2014 19:38 by Bobby2
The following user(s) said Thank You: HazelJ
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount