logo6

Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee

• Shorty
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Shorty on topic Aftercare stopped!

Posted 16 Mar 2017 15:29 #31
Check the latest reply from Tweedledumb..(aka Stephen Hannan) regarding my "after care" that has suddenly stopped after TEN YEARS even though my eyes are no better and I am now having treatment at Moorfields NHS! And check the next to last paragraph on page 3!!
Omg the cheek of him!!! :evil:

Last Edit:16 Mar 2017 15:58 by Shorty
Attachments:
  • Kev

Replied by Kev on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 13 Mar 2017 19:31 #32
Hi guys,
I'm another sucker conned by optical express, I paid £3390 to optical express at York for lasik eye surgery in 2012, just been in for an eye check up as I have been having headaches and was informed AFTER the check up that the cost for the check up was £30, when I told them that I shouldn't be charged because I had eye care for life as part of my eye surgery they told me that the eye care for life had been stopped because "it had been over used by people" and that I had to read the small print on my contract as I was only entitled to 12 months, this is contrary to what I was told on at least 3 occasions when they were trying to get me to sign up for the procedure and on the advertising that they produced, I had been back for check ups regularly since 2012 with no mention of having to pay until now,
They obviously see this as an easy way to generate more income in an at best underhand and sneaky manner and at worse dishonest,
I think the only thing that a greedy company like this will react to is by feeling a reduction in income so maybe we need to start warning prospective customers about who they are dealing with, anybody fancy a collective day of action at as many optical express shops as the ever growing hoard of deceived victims can cover on the same busy day ???
by Kev
  • Lauren

Replied by Lauren on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 06 Mar 2017 19:58 #33
I had ilasik with Dr Waseem Aziz at Optical Express in Albion Street, Leeds on 13/6/15.

On my 3rd after care appointment after my surgery I told the optician that my eyes felt blurry like I needed glasses. I was told my eyes would get better and they just needed to heal.
Since then, at every appointment I told them my eyes were blurry and I'd started to get headaches. I was told it was because, I need more eye drops, I need less eye drops, my brain isn't used to not needing glasses, waking up to an alarm rather than naturally... and a lot of other random excuses for my eyes being blurry!

I was never helped at any point despite constantly telling them at every appointment my eyes weren't right. I complained via their online chat... that was ignored twice! So I emailed them directly.

When they eventually replied, they told me that as it has been over a year since my surgery that there's nothing they can do. And they refuse to acknowledge that I've been telling them since the beginning that my eyes were blurry. They issued me with a standard complaint response that detailed my day of surgery - 4 pages of it! But I never at any point mentioned my day of surgery in my complaint - it is the aftercare and the fact they have point blank ignored me!

I have since been to Boots opticians who confirmed I need glasses and have told me that I must have needed a prescription for some time as my eyes wouldn't have gotten to this stage again over night, it will have taken months and months... and there's no way Optical Express could have missed that. I again contacted OE with this and sent a copy of my prescription, but yet again I have been ignored. £3k down the drain
Last Edit:07 Mar 2017 15:05 by Lauren
  • GB

Replied by GB on topic May 2014 OE Brochure

Posted 09 Feb 2017 09:22 #34
Can I have a copy of the 16 page document please?

What are the chances of getting this honoured in branch?* My surgery was in 2007, and I was promised free aftercare, only to be denied last year with the old £50 fee malarkey.
Last Edit:09 Feb 2017 19:52 by GB
  • Geeta Varsani

Replied by Geeta Varsani on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 08 Feb 2017 13:40 #35
I had my eyes lasered at the Optical Express centre in Cardiff in Sept 2014 and suffered from dry eyes. I was given drops to alleviate the symptoms. I subsequently became pregnant at the end of 2015 and had my one year test which said everything was fine but to continue with the drops. I had no problems with my eyes during the pregnancy and so did not need to attend for any checkups. I gave birth to my baby in July 2016 and thought I'd wait a few months until my hormones had settled before I booked another eye test, plus with the sleepless nights and recovery from a difficult labour I was in no position to get my eyes tested.

Last week I decided to make an appointment as my dry eyes symptoms have returned and I was horrified to hear that I had to pay £50 for the test when in my hand I had a brochure advertising free comprehensive aftercare and free eye tests for life. Apparently I had signed a form an hour before surgery saying that I was only eligible for 2 years aftercare. This was not pointed out to me at the time and when I asked for a copy of these terms and conditions I was told I needed to pay a fee. I don't see why I should have to pay for terms and conditions which form part of my contract with them, and I argued this with no luck.

I do not want my clinical records I just want a copy of the terms that I signed up for. Please can anyone advise as to what I can do next.

I was told that as I was pregnant during the second year of my aftercare I could be granted a ‘goodwill’ extension but this was not guaranteed and I would need to put it in writing.

Also my husband had his eyes lasered in April 2013 and has had three free eye tests, the last one in 2016, but they have not honoured the same for me. Very disappointed and shocked that they can do this and totally helpless as this company is not regulated.

I am contacting my MP as this is wrong, and will also go back to Optical Express in the hope that they will reconsider this.
by Geeta Varsani
  • Maria

Replied by Maria on topic May 2014 OE Brochure

Posted 08 Feb 2017 09:53 #36
Thank you Sasha, may I ask you to forward this to me? I had my op in April 2014 and this will really help.
by Maria
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic May 2014 OE Brochure

Posted 07 Feb 2017 19:26 #37
'FREE eye tests for life'
16 pages - happy to forward to anyone who wants copy :kiss:

Last Edit:07 Feb 2017 19:29 by admin
Attachments:
  • Nikki W

Replied by Nikki W on topic Refused eye test after 9 yrs!

Posted 28 Jan 2017 15:19 #38
I had laser eye surgery with Optical Express in 2008. One of the drawing points for this surgery was the lifetime guarantee and free eye tests for life. This has been fine for the past 9 years but when I went to make an appointment today I was told that I would now have to pay for this. I thought it was a mistake but when I advised that I had the surgery and was entitled to free eye appointments, which I had been receiving for the past 9 years, I was informed that the eye tests were only free for 12 months following surgery and that I was lucky as I should have been paying! This is simply not true. The contract I had with Optical Express provided lifetime guarantee and free eye tests for life! Having looked on the internet I have found that they recently changed their terms and conditions; surely this change can only apply to new customers, not for services already provided with agreements in place? This is disgusting treatment! Do they not have a professional and legal obligation to honour their own agreement/contract? Can something be done or is this just another case of the big corporation doing whatever they want with no reprisals or governance?
I recommend you also contact your MP, and BBC Watchdog, and direct their attention to OERML and the links below.
Meanwhile, please add your voice to 'Which? Conversation' and 'A Spokesman Said'
:
www.aspokesmansaid.com/healthcare/storie...surgery-for-10-years
conversation.which.co.uk/health/optical-...-laser-eye-surgery/#
Last Edit:28 Jan 2017 15:53 by Nikki W
  • Allison

Replied by Allison on topic "FREE eye tests for life"

Posted 19 Jan 2017 18:17 #39
I've had the same problem I've had lasik in 2009 I was told I had after care until I needed lens replacement I was treated very badly and told I had to pay two thousand five hundred pounds I had this done now I it's gone wrong one have stopped appointments and the NHS are picking up on their mess
www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...ews-press.html#13155
Last Edit:19 Jan 2017 19:23 by Allison
  • Dave Bird

Replied by Dave Bird on topic "FREE eye tests for life"

Posted 19 Jan 2017 12:43 #40

admin wrote: This brochure came into my possession yesterday - publication date January 2013 :kiss:

Yes. I informed them that I was in possession of this brochure, they still said my eye test would cost me £50!
Last Edit:19 Jan 2017 16:39 by Dave Bird
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount