logo6

OPTIMAX | ULTRALASE

• Gav
  • Gav's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Gav on topic Same problem at Optimax!

Posted 24 Mar 2015 10:04 #181
Hi Jane

Sorry to hear you're suffering in the same way as me. My sight is very poor as it is and I feel it is getting worse but as I said, after I have been trying to look at something close, my distance vision is much poorer. Are you suffering from chronic dry eyes? Mine have been dry since the surgery two years ago. Another thing, my sight is a bit better in bright sunlight. Is yours like this?

Gav
by Gav
  • Jane

Replied by Jane on topic Same problem at Optimax!

Posted 20 Mar 2015 20:53 #182
Hi Gav, in response to your comment 'I have noticed that my distance vision is much worse after I have been looking at something close.'

I have EXACTLY the same problem following LASIK surgery at Optimax Manchester in Nov 2012.

I still don't know why this happens, it's awful (Optimax continue to tell me that my vision is fine.)

I too have eye strain/eye pain and poor vision.
Last Edit:20 Mar 2015 22:18 by Jane
  • Gav
  • Gav's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Gav on topic Vision problems

Posted 16 Mar 2015 12:59 #183
I have suffered from pain and poor vision since LASIK at Optimax about two years ago. Although my vision is poor at all distances all of the time, I have noticed that my distance visioin is much worse after I have been looking at something close.
Has anyone else experienced this? (I'm guessing yes.)
Last Edit:16 Mar 2015 13:33 by Gav
  • Lovin' it

Replied by Lovin' it on topic MS SASHA RODOY v MR RUSSEL KEITH AMBROSE

Posted 03 Mar 2015 14:50 #184
‘Borrowed' news from Facebook B)

"I'm attending a number of court cases this year, but my own promises to be the most fun :)

The CCMC on 18 May is the precursor to the trial.

In simplistic terms, this is when we discuss how much Optimax CEO Russell Ambrose intends to claim from me in costs should I lose, and how much I will claim from him when he loses.

Although the CCMC in May is not open to the public, the eventual trial will be, when Stephanie Holloway and other damaged eye surgery victims will be attending - and of course the press and media too!"

Last Edit:03 Mar 2015 14:59 by Lovin' it
Attachments:
  • Ken Davis

Replied by Ken Davis on topic Lens replacement at Optimax

Posted 25 Feb 2015 13:01 #185
My wife had lens replacement surgery at Optimax some two years ago which has not been successful. She has had many return appointments over the time but she has now lost all trust in them being able to give the benefits they promised at a cost of £6000 all that time ago.
Her eyes are sore all the time and she looks as though she has been crying. She cannot drive at night due to oncoming glare with her eyes and is extremely sensitive to overhead lights in shops. Eyesight in one eye is blurred and she has had to purchase prescription and anti-glare glasses. Summer heat and even the slightest amount of dust in the air makes her eyes sore and seemingly tighten up. She now has bags under her eyes and dropped lids. She suffers nausea, headaches and giddyness and if fact during one appointment actually fainted.
Her quality of life has suffered during the past two years and at times she is quite depressed about the future with her problem as she is beginning to think that there is no way forward.
During one appointment she was told to buy a vitamin cream from Boots as that might help!
As you can appreciate she has lost all confidence in Optimax and now has to consider the way forward.
Last Edit:25 Feb 2015 18:52 by Ken Davis
  • Dipper

Replied by Dipper on topic Optimax Ruined My Life

Posted 25 Feb 2015 11:01 #186
Anyone know how I can contact Hydra1able?

Last Edit:27 Mar 2015 19:45 by Dipper
Attachments:
  • Caro

Replied by Caro on topic Lack of safety precautions

Posted 20 Feb 2015 17:46 #187
I still have my unsigned and checked pre treatment letter, a very important safety check that goes into the operating theatre with the patient.
This is required for all surgical procedures, to verify the patient and surgery correlation.
However, when I tried to hand over my letter in the treatment room, having been told by an Optimax staff member I could not be treated without it, the 'nurse' just waved it away, and told me that they "don't bother with all that in here". The document itself stated that I could not be treated if I didn't take it to the treatment room, and with hindsight I should have run a mile when they couldn't be bothered to check the details.
Probably this is why Dr Malcolm Samuel programmed the wrong setting into the laser machine when he damaged Mark Mitchell's eyes!
Last Edit:22 Feb 2015 17:55 by Caro
  • Ian

Replied by Ian on topic Malcolm Samuel - ex Medical Director!!

Posted 20 Feb 2015 15:25 #188
Well well look at this!

Last Edit:20 Feb 2015 15:27 by Ian
  • Jane

Replied by Jane on topic OPTIMAX RUINED MY LIFE

Posted 17 Feb 2015 16:47 #189
I've just got home from a day out with my 4 year old son and 8 month old baby. It's school half term .. These SHOULD be happy days. BUT since LASIK at OPTIMAX in 2012 I have severe eye strain, blurry vision, ghosting EVERYDAY. Optimax tell me that my vision is fine, how can this ever be fine????
I'm staying strong for the kids, because OPTIMAX you have RUINED my life, and if I give in then you've ruined my kids lives too :-(
I'm 33 and so scared of the future with damaged vision
Last Edit:17 Feb 2015 16:57 by Jane
  • Caro

Replied by Caro on topic Russell Ambrose suggested I see a psychiatrist!!

Posted 14 Feb 2015 23:31 #190
Please don't risk ruining your healthy eyes if you are considering surgery at Optimax or Ultralase. My eyes were healthy, and not even very short sighted when I trusted Optimax. I have a huge list of problems now, and as well as drifting apart, one eye turns in when I am exhausted from trying to hold them together, and I cannot begin to describe the constant pain.

An expert witness made this statement regarding my treatment at Optimax:
"The adverse effects that Mrs **** has experienced are severe and numerous and by chronological association seem to be attributable to the laser treatment. Optimax maintain that they did not use a suction ring but Mrs **** is adamant that they did, and reports experiences that support her contention.”

Optimax could not care less, and described my result as brilliant on my records, even though I kept telling them I had problems. In 8 years, they have never asked me how my eyes are, or offered to reimburse any of my many eye related expenses. Optimax owner Russell Ambrose and my surgeon Malcolm Samuel were only concerned by the fact that I still have suction ring shaped marks on my eyes.

At a meeting in 2013, Russell’s only question was: "Do you still have the marks on your eyes?”

He should worry about this, because I did not give my consent for the use of a suction ring, and did not want one anywhere near my eyes. My expert witness has not yet seen my eyes for himself.

Sasha Rodoy was representing me before Russell agreed to meet me in person, and he told her that he was happy to pay for me to see a psychiatrist!! She recorded this conversation and I know he has also made this offer to other people whose lives he’s ruined. He also asked Sasha how he could weed out the patients who would kick up a fuss if they were left with problems so he could exclude them from having surgery!!

It is obvious that Russell Ambrose and Optimax do not care how much harm they cause, they only care about money. I am looking forward to Sasha’s court case because I will be there and will talk to any reporters who are interested in hearing my story.
Last Edit:15 Feb 2015 09:50 by Caro
Attachments:
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount