logo6

Government Regulation

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic T shirts...

Posted 01 Oct 2015 22:15 #51
Bad Eye Day lobby is now less than 2 weeks away and I'll be posting an update with more details soon!

Meanwhile if you're thinking about what to wear, my new 'Bad Eye Day' design T shirt is now available in Black or White @ £8.35 (incl UK delivery).

NB: Back printed with text only.

The old favourite, 'Optical Express Ruined My Life.co.uk' (back & front) is £7.70, available in White or Navy

Sizes S/M/L/XL/(XXL + £1)

You can order direct from the supplier - or from me if out of UK to save on postage.

Please contact me for details: info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk :kiss:
Last Edit:01 Oct 2015 22:17 by admin
Attachments:
  • Caro

Replied by Caro on topic Bad Eye Day - 14 October!

Posted 30 Sep 2015 08:45 #52
Just to remind those of you who are travelling a long way on the 14th October, to get a hotel booked asap if you need to do so.
For those of you who haven't quite decided whether you are coming along, I can only say that I am abandoning my poor hubby on his 60th birthday to be there...........so NO EXCUSES because numbers speak volumes!
Last Edit:30 Sep 2015 10:38 by Caro
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Bad Eye Day - 14 October!

Posted 21 Sep 2015 18:32 #53
Earlier today I met with John McDonnell at the House of Commons, our first meeting since he was appointed shadow chancellor, to discuss arrangements for Bad Eye Day lobby on 14 October.

Thanks to John, the press and media coverage of our campaign should finally meet my long-awaited expectations next month.

Also, John told me that Jeremy Corbyn has said he will endeavour to join us for the lobby!

What more could I ask for...

Oh yes - regulation :kiss:
Last Edit:21 Sep 2015 18:33 by admin
Attachments:
  • Jimmy B
  • Jimmy B's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 21

Replied by Jimmy B on topic Bad Eye Day - 14 October!

Posted 16 Sep 2015 22:53 #54
The one MP who backed Sasha Rodoy is now Shadow Chancellor - John McDonnell

Now we WILL be heard B)

BAD EYE DAY @ PARLIAMENT on 14 OCTOBER, 4-6 pm IS NOW ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY - BUT STILL PLENTY OF TIME TO ORGANISE YOUR SCHEDULE!

ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THESE THREADS, ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD HELP AND A VOICE THANKS TO SASHA RODOY - THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!

NO EXCUSES - CONTACT SASHA AND TELL HER YOU'LL BE THERE!!!
info@mybeautifuleyes.co.uk
Last Edit:18 Sep 2015 19:17 by Jimmy B
The following user(s) said Thank You: HazelJ
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic John McDonnell

Posted 16 Sep 2015 10:14 #55
In a Channel 4 News interview on Monday, Jon Snow said to John McDonnell, "For many of the issues you’ve pursued the media have been hardly there, but they’re now very there!

And they will be 'very there' for our Bad Eye Day lobby on 14 October :kiss:
Last Edit:16 Sep 2015 15:18 by admin
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Bad Eye Day - 14 October!

Posted 15 Sep 2015 22:58 #56
Bad Eye Day lobby is less than 4 weeks away, and thanks to John McDonnell the press and media will be fighting for space!

If you’re coming along and want to order a T shirt for the occasion, please email: info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk

‘Bad Eye Day’ T shirts (White): £10 incl postage
'Optical Express Ruined My Life' (Navy/White): £8 incl postage.
Sizes S/M/L/XL

NB: if another clinic/surgeon was responsible for damaging your eyes their name can be printed before ‘Ruined My Life’ on request.

BED is going to be a lot of fun - with some very special guests joining us!

I promise you won't want to miss it :kiss:

Last Edit:15 Sep 2015 23:04 by admin
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic My hero!

Posted 13 Sep 2015 22:26 #57
I think it now safe to say that Bad Eye Day lobby (sponsored by John McDonnell) can expect high profile press and media coverage - 14 October @ House of Commons, 4-6pm, Committee Rm 10.
:kiss:

www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/sep/13...-andy-burnham-labour
Last Edit:13 Sep 2015 22:44 by admin
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Jeremy Corbyn landslide victory!

Posted 12 Sep 2015 15:18 #58
Absolutely fantastic news :kiss:

In case anyone has missed the point: John McDonnell and I have worked closely together since 2012, campaigning for the government to regulate the refractive eye surgery industry.

One of a number I contacted in late 2011, John was the only MP who agreed to support me.

John is sponsor of our forthcoming Bad Eye Day Lobby on 14 October @ House of Commons.

Seb Corbyn (to Jeremy's right in BBC photo) is John McDonnell's Parliamentary Assistant, recently on secondment to his father's campaign team, while John was Jeremy's campaign manager.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34184265

Until I launched my campaign I was never interested in politics, while Jeremy's bid to be labour leader has had me on the edge of my seat!

Regardless of your politics, thanks to John McDonnell's association with Jeremy Corbyn, this is guaranteed to increase media interest and highlight the refractive eye surgery scandal.

Trust me, John knows exactly what's going on, and whatever position he is offered on the Shadow Cabinet, his seat on the frontbench can only be a good thing for my campaign, and a very bad thing for the high street providers - and all those who collude with them.

On 20 November 2013 John McDonnell presented a Private Member’s Bill to Parliament calling for government regulation of the industry:
Live recording: www.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/house-of-commons-25019770
Transcript: www.publications.parliament.uk/…/de…/131120-0002.htm…
Last Edit:12 Sep 2015 16:47 by admin
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Come to BED!!

Posted 30 Aug 2015 16:50 #59
WITHOUT YOUR ACTIVE SUPPORT MY ENDEAVOURS TO PUBLICISE THIS DEVASTATING SCANDAL ARE A WASTE OF TIME!

So please, join me on 14 October when we take 'My Beautiful Eyes' Campaign directly to Parliament - 4.00 to 6.00pm in Committee Room 10.

And it's urgent that you email your MP and invite them ASAP - because their diaries fill up months in advance!!

Please help lighten my load and email me for more info, or simply to confirm that you'll be joining me!
info@mybeautifuleyes.co.uk
info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk
:kiss:

Last Edit:30 Aug 2015 16:52 by admin
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimmy B
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Gordon Brown and David Moulsdale...

Posted 16 Aug 2015 09:48 #60
Gordon Brown attended dinner parties with David Moulsdale, so not surprising that he ignored pleas from his constituents damaged by surgery at Optical Express asking for his support!

If for no other reason therefore, don’t expect Gordon to say anything positive about Jeremy Corbyn when he makes his speech at 2pm today at the South Bank Centre in London.
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/l...corbyn-10456636.html

Not forgetting John McDonnell's strong support for me, and his involvement with My Beautiful Eyes campaign!

"Mr Brown’s intervention comes as it emerged that Mr Corbyn, who has become the surprise front runner in the leadership contest, is poised to name his fellow radical MP, John McDonnell, as shadow chancellor...

[Mr McDonnell] warned that the rich and large corporations should be taxed more, not less, while austerity that hurts the poor must end. “We can tackle the deficit by halting the tax cuts to the very rich and to corporations, by making sure they pay their taxes...
”"
www.telegraph.co.uk/…/Gordon-Brown-warns-Labour-over…

"ONE of Scotland’s most successful businessmen yesterday failed in an attempt to prevent a private investigator from making allegations about his business dealings and his friendship with a notorious drugs dealer.

David Moulsdale, the founder of the Optical Express chain of opticians, claimed Dr Allan George had made defamatory remarks about him to others working in the opticians trade.

But yesterday, he failed to persuade the Court of Session in Edinburgh to grant him an interim interdict against Dr George.

With a fortune estimated at 100 million, Mr Moulsdale is one of the richest and most powerful businessmen in Scotland. He was the youngest ever winner of the Scottish Business Achievement Award in 1998 and the following year he topped a poll of the country’s most eligible bachelors.

He is also highly regarded in government circles and his entrepreneurial skills have earned the praise of Gordon Brown, the Chancellor.

But yesterday, the court heard how he had been the subject of extensive media reports in recent years which had referred to an alleged friendship with a "notorious drugs baron" and had claimed he was "no stranger to financial bother".

The drugs baron was Tony McGovern, 35, a Glasgow gangster who ran the drugs trade in the Maryhill and Springburn areas of the city. His friendship with Mr Moulsdale, the son of a Leith taxi driver, emerged after McGovern was shot and killed in September 2000.

The "financial bother" mentioned in court referred to his company’s failure to settle some of its debts on time. Mr Moulsdale, who lives in Dullater, near Cumbernauld, had been accused of building up his fortune at the expense of companies which were kept waiting for payment and Optical Express was the subject of a number of adverse court judgments.
"
www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stori...private-eye-1-505593

"Follow the Money: what went wrong with the vision at Optical Express"
www.heraldscotland.com/business/opinion/...at_Optical_Express_/ :kiss:
Last Edit:16 Aug 2015 16:10 by admin
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount