logo6

Government Regulation

• Jimmy B
  • Jimmy B's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 21

Replied by Jimmy B on topic BAD EYE DAY

Posted 15 Aug 2015 21:49 #61
BAD EYE DAY @ PARLIAMENT on 14 OCTOBER, 4-6PM!

IT'S NOW ONLY 8 WEEKS AWAY - BUT STILL PLENTY OF TIME TO ORGANISE YOUR SCHEDULE!

ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THESE THREADS , ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD HELP AND A VOICE THANKS TO SASHA RODOY - THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!

NO EXCUSES - CONTACT SASHA AND TELL HER YOU'LL BE THERE!!!
info@mybeautifuleyes.co.uk

Last Edit:15 Aug 2015 22:18 by Jimmy B
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic Corbyn will crack down on corporate tax dodgers!

Posted 11 Aug 2015 18:40 #62
I'm guessing 'corporate tax dodging' would include companies who put stores into administration, leave damaged patients without recourse to aftercare, write off millions in debt, yet continue to trade and open in new locations!
www.rt.com/uk/311453-corbyn-austerity-tax-avoidance

"Labour's biggest donors pledge to stop giving cash if 'economically illiterate' Jeremy Corbyn wins race"
www.telegraph.co.uk/…/Labours-biggest-donors-pledge-…

Wealthy businessmen threatening to withhold donations if things don't go their way? This explains why the Conservative government turn a blind eye [sic] to the scandal of the unregulated refractive eye surgery industry!

I'll say it again, no matter what your politics, if you support My Beautiful Eyes campaign then please register to vote for Jeremy Corbyn as Labour leader now!
www.jeremyforlabour.com/vote

Deadline for registration is 12 noon on 12 August :kiss:
Last Edit:11 Aug 2015 18:44 by admin
  • Ashley Richards
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ashley Richards on topic BAD EYE DAY

Posted 07 Aug 2015 16:00 #63
Laser eye surgery has been life changing and soul destroying for me. Two days of corneal erosions this week, and both eyes losing sight.

September 8th is scheduled for my fifth operation and another to follow six weeks later on my right eye. It’s for this reason I am campaigning for government legislation so others don't similarly suffer the same fate.

If you or your family have been affected with problems after laser or lens exchange eye surgery you must all shout loudly to the rooftops and contact your MPs to support us in Parliament on 14th October for Bad Eye Day (BED)

Please join us to stop this insidious and immoral industry!
Last Edit:08 Aug 2015 14:51 by Ashley Richards
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell MPs

Posted 31 Jul 2015 18:02 #64
Before I launched My Beautiful Eyes campaign, I knew nothing about politics, other than it was woven with corruption.

Since working with John McDonnell, a truly honest and hardworking MP, I’ve had a crash course, and witnessed evidence of attempted corruption at first hand.

I don’t know if you’re aware that John McDonnell is Jeremy Corbyn’s campaign manager...

And I don’t care what your politics are, but if you support My Beautiful Eyes Campaign, then please support Jeremy Corbyn's bid to be leader of the Labour party!
www.vice.com/en_uk/read/jeremy-corbyn-jo...015-labour-party-674

If Jeremy Corbyn becomes Labour leader we can be assured of an even greater profile for My Beautiful Eyes campaign, which in turn, I believe, will force the government’s hand.

Because, I may be a political novice, but I don’t believe the government will allow their opponents to take all the credit for the exposure of what is - unarguably - a major scandal.

"Our timeless task in the Labour Party is to stand up against injustice wherever we find it. That notion has driven me throughout my political life – and it’s what drove me to stand for Parliament in the first place."
www.jeremyforlabour.com

Two main players in the refractive eye surgery industry attempted to lobby John McDonnell in 2013. He ignored both.

With Bad Eye Day on 14 October, these same players are desperate to derail it!

Hence OE's recent attempts to discredit me with supportive MPs, succeeding only in discrediting themselves, and adding to the list of attacks they’ve made against me personally.

My MP is Theresa Villiers, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland. She’s a very busy lady and has previously given me no support. It was therefore a pleasant surprise when I received her acceptance to join me in BED on 14 October!!

If the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland can make it, then so can your MP!

Please please please send your invites to them asap, as their diaries fill up months in advance!

Contact me if you'd like me to send you a template invitation for your MP: info@mybeautifuleyes.co.uk

I’m busy collating evidence and witness statements for my case v Russell Ambrose/Optimax right now, but as soon as that’s done I'll update you with more news about Bad Eye Day.

As well as having signed up some surprise guests and speakers, I hope I’ll also be able to introduce the new Labour leader to everyone.
:kiss:
Last Edit:01 Aug 2015 08:13 by admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashley Richards
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Optical Express support regulation!

Posted 26 Jul 2015 16:34 #65
I'm sure everyone will be amazed to hear that Optical Express have been hiding their light under a bushel!

In his previously mentioned letter to Richard Harrington MP, Tweedles wrote:

On the basis of this surprising and welcome news, David Moulsdale will be invited as a guest speaker to 'Bad Eye Day' @ House of Commons on 14 October.

And of course Optimax CEO Russell Ambrose will be invited too :kiss:

Last Edit:26 Jul 2015 18:17 by admin
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic COME TO BED...

Posted 21 Jul 2015 18:16 #66
Nothing’s changed since 2003, except there've been tens of thousands more eyes and lives damaged:
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2745035.stm

OE’s repetitive and unsupportable claim is, "Less than 1% of patients will develop a complication and the majority of these are easily overcome through a personal aftercare plan.“

Even if you were to believe that lie, David Moulsdale is quoted in one publication as having said, “We have probably recommended about a million people to go ahead for surgery”, in which case my claim of tens of thousands damaged patients is a very low estimate indeed!

Not forgetting of course the recent increase in people being sold lens exchange (aka cataract surgery) - removing perfectly healthy natural lens, resulting in so many people left with serious problems and in urgent need of (very expensive) explants!

It is inexcusable and unforgivable that the government continue to ignore this massive scandal, even though they’ve been spoon fed the facts for years!

That’s why it is crucial that you join me and John McDonnell in BED on 14 October @ the House of Commons.

Please don’t leave it to other people, I need as many of you there as possible!

So I expect to see your emails flooding in with confirmation of attendance asap!
info@mybeautifuleyes.co.uk

I will reply with a template email inviting your MP to accompany you :kiss:
Last Edit:21 Jul 2015 23:11 by admin
  • Something Smells !

Replied by Something Smells ! on topic CONTACT YOUR MP - URGENT

Posted 21 Jul 2015 08:55 #67
I reckon it would be good if Sasha invited the president of the RCO to BED - the Bad Eye Day lobby - so Professor Carrie MacEwen can personally tell all the damaged patients and press present why Sasha, who should be involved in revising the guidelines, has been removed from the Working Group, yet David Teenan is still on it.
I'll bet there was a big 'Och Aye' when that appalling decision was made. Anyone for Haggis ?
Last Edit:21 Jul 2015 10:09 by Something Smells !
  • Pythagoras

Replied by Pythagoras on topic Support Sasha

Posted 20 Jul 2015 21:21 #68
Anyone wanting regulation better not depend on the Royal College or any other organisation financed by its members for support. It’s little people like Sasha Rodoy who make the difference. She’s stood up to the pressure and not been scared off by the big bad bullies. Brave lady. It’s all well an good paying lip service and patting her on the back but how many of you have done anything worth spit to help? Get off your bums and help the woman!
Last Edit:21 Jul 2015 08:17 by Pythagoras
  • Jimmy B
  • Jimmy B's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 21

Replied by Jimmy B on topic CONTACT YOUR MP - URGENT

Posted 20 Jul 2015 16:53 #69
I shall definitely be coming to Parliament...

All the people who have posted on this site and been helped by Sasha should attend, we have three months notice!

Sasha has worked so hard and I believe without doubt she will bring change to this industry, but let’s back her and all be there on the day.
Last Edit:20 Jul 2015 21:35 by Jimmy B
  • Ashley Richards
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Ashley Richards on topic Bad Eye Day!

Posted 19 Jul 2015 22:23 #70
Sasha count on my support!
I would get of hospital if needed - just hope i'm not actually having treatment at the time!
Next operation on left eye in 7 weeks time at Moorfields.
Last Edit:08 Aug 2015 14:49 by Ashley Richards
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount