logo6

General Chat

• HazelJ
  • HazelJ's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by HazelJ on topic GENERAL CHAT - Open to all

Posted 18 Oct 2013 19:11 #491
Having had RLE done over a year ago and now suffering from Floaters and Dry Eyes feeling very low today I went back to college [big step at 56] as felt more confident with my new eyes I now suffer every'. lesson with the lights and although they are very good turning them off if I ask it isn't always fair on other students. What worries me more is how much worse they are going to get and will I still be able to ride my horse and see my grandchild grow up ! I'm in constant pain why are these people still getting away with this. :woohoo:
by HazelJ
  • Anonymous

Replied by Anonymous on topic I wish i had never walked past optical express

Posted 12 Oct 2013 18:19 #492
I have now had to wait nearly 6 months after my second attempt at correcting my eyesight for another surgeon to give me a check up to see how my eyes are doing.

It turns out I need a 3rd attempt for surgery as my eye sight is just as bad as it was 6 months ago so have been told again to come back in another 3 months to see if my vision has settled before they can do it.

What will happen in 3 months time do you think? I think they will probably say come back in another 3 months.

I am now getting a referral to an eye hospital for them to see what damage has been done! Wish me luck.
Last Edit:12 Oct 2013 18:23 by Anonymous
  • hendo82
  • hendo82's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by hendo82 on topic GENERAL CHAT - Open to all

Posted 30 Sep 2013 17:53 #493
hi poppy I would like to find out how you got your money back

thanks
by hendo82
  • anon

Replied by anon on topic Lens replacement following laser

Posted 26 Sep 2013 13:01 #494
Did you have lasik Janice? Are they confident they can accurately calculate the power of the lens replacement ?
by anon
  • Poppy
  • Poppy's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by Poppy on topic Received refund from Hitachi!!!

Posted 26 Sep 2013 12:14 #495
Hi Bernie
Sasha has my contact details if you would like to email me so I can give you some details.
Please ask Sasha to give you my email address.
Poppy
by Poppy
The following user(s) said Thank You: TrevBranch
  • Bernie

Replied by Bernie on topic Received refund from Hitachi!!!

Posted 25 Sep 2013 20:37 #496
Hi Poppy, i had my eyes lasered in Feb 2012 and i am currently seeking a refund. My mum took out the finance loan for me and i still have a few payments to make. Would you mind advising on how i go about getting the refund from Hitachi? :unsure:
by Bernie
  • Janice parsons

Replied by Janice parsons on topic Chris Evans Breakfast Show

Posted 25 Sep 2013 20:34 #497
Five years after surgery and four years after enhancement as first time did not work I am now back to where I started £ 3000 lighter and optical express want to charge me another £ 3000 for lens replacement !!!!!!
by Janice parsons
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic GENERAL CHAT - Open to all

Posted 23 Sep 2013 14:19 #498
Hi K.
You seem to be still contemplating having refractive eye surgery somewhere.
I would still caution you to consider, "Can I cope with the worst case scenario that may occur as a result". The surgery is essentially a 'get it right first time' procedure, because if it isn't right there are many problems that can occur which are difficult, if not impossible, to fix. I also ask you to consider the potential impact there could be on your physical and mental health, as well as your personal and professional life. Please don't underestimate the devastating consequences that you may have to deal with.
Last Edit:23 Sep 2013 18:39 by Mr Starburst
  • K

Replied by K on topic GENERAL CHAT - Open to all

Posted 23 Sep 2013 13:31 #499
I'd like to say thank you for this website - reading it has put me off ever going with Optical Express or any high street chain and that is thanks to you. I'm definitely going to go through with it and need to find the most trustworthy, reputable place around.
Thanks again for your site.
Best,
K
by K
  • Should Have Gone To Specsavers

Replied by Should Have Gone To Specsavers on topic GENERAL CHAT - Open to all

Posted 19 Sep 2013 01:12 #500
Cannot believe Optical Express are using David Teenan as their Facebook poster boy - sick & an insult to all he's damaged :(
www.facebook.com/opticalexpress
Last Edit:19 Sep 2013 01:13 by Should Have Gone To Specsavers
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount