logo6

Royal College of Ophthalmologists | RCOphth

• Sweetie

Replied by Sweetie on topic F*CK F*ck F•CK

Posted 21 Jul 2015 21:12 #91

Jimmy B wrote: How is Sasha is going to be able to "influence College policy regarding patient safety, information and clinical guidance" if she’s not on the Working Group?

Better question is why would they want her to if they don’t want her on the Working Group?I’m guessing the College council members are running around trying to figure how the f•ck to get themselves out of this little mess and wishing they hadn’t invited Sasha inside the College doors in the f•cking first place! Oh dear now i’ve gone and offended Kathy Evans with the F word! Message for Kathy! A few swear words are less offensive than having your eyes f•cked up!
Last Edit:22 Jul 2015 07:55 by Sweetie
  • Jane

Replied by Jane on topic Reply from Royal College of Ophthalmologists

Posted 21 Jul 2015 20:08 #92
My email to Kathy Evans

This is the reply from Liz Price - Communications Manager

I replied to ask "Do you have someone better qualified to replace Sasha?" in the Working Group. Still no reply!
Last Edit:21 Jul 2015 20:15 by Jane
Attachments:
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic Royal College brush off!

Posted 21 Jul 2015 12:48 #93
This is a copy of my e-mail to the RCO.

This is the reply from the Communications Manager - not the president!I
Note that there has been no answer whatsoever to my question as to why Sasha was removed from the Working Group, yet David Teenan is still on it.

Last Edit:21 Jul 2015 14:01 by Mr Starburst
Attachments:
  • Jimmy B
  • Jimmy B's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 21

Replied by Jimmy B on topic Royal College of Ophthalmologists

Posted 20 Jul 2015 16:57 #94
I also had a reply today from Liz Price ......

How is Sasha is going to be able to "influence College policy regarding patient safety, information and clinical guidance" if she’s not on the Working Group?
Last Edit:20 Jul 2015 18:11 by Jimmy B
Attachments:
  • The Truth Fairy

Replied by The Truth Fairy on topic Royal College of Ophthalmologists

Posted 20 Jul 2015 07:29 #95
To use the term "potential issues within the laser eye surgery sector" is an absolute disgrace, and the Royal College of Ophthalmologists should be truly embarrassed. Many of their members work for high street clinics and NHS private trusts, ruining peoples' eyes and lives with their shocking lack of ethics in their greed for money.
The College need to take responsibility for what their members are doing!
Last Edit:20 Jul 2015 08:09 by The Truth Fairy
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic Royal College of Ophthalmologists

Posted 19 Jul 2015 09:02 #96
Liz Price says the RCO are aware of the potential issues within the laser eye surgery sector, and that the work of the college is largely aimed at the public sector.
Well Liz, get your head out of the sand and accept that there are not 'potential issues' as you say, but there are very REAL issues with the whole commercial refractive eye surgery sector as can be found on this site, and if the work of the RCO is largely aimed at the public sector, why the hell is David Teenan, an employee of OE (a ruthlessly commercial business) still on the 'refractive surgery standards working group'.
Of course, with it being stated that the RCO work majors on the public sector, this begs the question of who is focussing on the private commercial sector ? The sheer amount of horrific damaged patient cases on this site alone proves that NO-ONE IS !
by Mr Starburst
  • Anionymosity

Replied by Anionymosity on topic Reply from Royal College of Ophthalmologists

Posted 18 Jul 2015 22:52 #97
Liz Price's repy to Linda has done the College no favours and shows what contempt they have for people not members of their golden temple!!
Last Edit:18 Jul 2015 22:58 by Anionymosity
  • Linda Ann G

Replied by Linda Ann G on topic Reply from Royal College of Ophthalmologists

Posted 18 Jul 2015 15:59 #98
We did get a reply to our e-mail to the Royal College of Ophthalmologists protesting about David Teenan's presence on the Working Group - for what it's worth.... :(

Last Edit:18 Jul 2015 16:22 by Linda Ann G
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic Royal College of Ophthalmologists

Posted 16 Jul 2015 18:20 #99
My first meeting with the RCOphth Lay Advisory Group today...

While content and discussion of these meetings are confidential, I can say it was time well spent.

I met Bernie Chang on my way out (Vice President & Chair of Professional Standards) who said he was pleased I’d decided to attend after all.

Smiles from both of us… but I told him I was still going to fight for my place on the Working Group
:kiss:

Last Edit:16 Jul 2015 18:22 by admin
Attachments:
  • Janet Bashforth Monk

Replied by Janet Bashforth Monk on topic Royal College of Ophthalmologists

Posted 16 Jul 2015 06:28 #100
I find it difficult to understand why an organisation that should have patients interests at its core would not allow Sasha to be part of the working group.
Surely consensus is reached by having varying views discussed in an open forum. If the decision was taken on the basis of Sasha's "views" at one end of the spectrum then surely David Teenan should be removed from the group as his "views" would have an extreme commercial bias.
Clinical decisions should be taken with regard to patient interest not commercial interest.
by Janet Bashforth Monk
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount