logo6

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
I truly hate to beg, but to continue offering a free service, I need your money!
Please contribute here www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...kunena/recent#donate
Read More...

TOPIC: I NEED GLASSES AGAIN

I NEED GLASSES AGAIN 16 Jun 2013 17:56 #11

• Mrshengy
  • Thank you received: 0
My eyes regressed back to my original prescription just 6 months after surgery I now have glasses too :(

I NEED GLASSES AGAIN 13 Jun 2013 13:42 #12

• adversary
Following failed surgery I have been given prescription specs on 3 occasions and NONE have been fit for the purpose.

So if OE can't even provide glasses that correct my vision after 3 attempts, with hindsight what hope did I have that lasering my eyes would do the trick?

I NEED GLASSES AGAIN 13 Jun 2013 12:58 #13

• Lucky me!
  • Lucky me!'s Avatar Topic Author
I had laser eye surgery with Optical Express in 2007. Initially it was fine but after just 6 years one eye has regressed. I have complained to Optical Express and they originally told me that it would cost £900 for further treatment. After further complaining they have offered me a 30% discount. I originally spent £2,500 & was told that I would have perfect vision for 30 years. I feel cheated. Looking at this website it appears I have been lucky!

I NEED GLASSES AGAIN 21 May 2013 11:36 #14

• Mr. X
Hello Chantal,

I am experiencing the same in the sense that only a few weeks after surgery my vision regressed and is still fluctuating.

I too need glasses again, they actually refused to provide me with any to begin with. It has only been 7 months since my surgery and have had a living nightmare with them. Along side this a whole host of accuity problems.

Everyone is different of course, so try not to become too worried at this stage. The number of people describing the same issues is growing rapidly.

Please seek an independant opinion before letting O.E. touch your eyes again.

Please also see my forum post.

I am gathering as much objective information as possible to keep people more informed.

This will include some legal rights when ascertained.

Best Regards,

I NEED GLASSES AGAIN 20 May 2013 20:03 #15

• Chantal
  • Chantal's Avatar Topic Author
Yes it happened to me too. I had surgery last May. My eyesight is now worse than it was before surgery. See my story in 'True Stories' tab :(

I NEED GLASSES AGAIN 22 Apr 2013 13:23 #16

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
Prior to surgery I had worn varifocals for many years. My prescription had been stable for 12 years.
Post surgery I could not see clearly. I need varifocals again and have had 4 prescription changes in 2 years due to my vision deteriorating since surgery. My one eye was over corrected and the other under corrected. They tried to attribute this to an unpredictable healing pattern. I am staggered that I was not informed beforehand that if one undergoes LASEK then the healing of the cornea is ALWAYS unpredictable so it is ALWAYS unknown whether or not clear vision can be achieved. Just one more risk skipped over on the consent form. I would like the TRUE statistics for LASEK patients success rates.
I would not let OE touch my eyes again for a million pounds.
My advice would be to decline any further surgery. They are clearly inept.

I NEED GLASSES AGAIN 22 Apr 2013 09:41 #17

• Lisa Denby
  • Lisa Denby's Avatar Topic Author
You would be surprised just how many people have had this issue too. I am one of them now two years down the line waiting to hear back from the 'customer support' team to discuss the issues I have with OE.

I will not be allowing OE to carry out surgery to my eyes again I do not believe that they are fully qualified at all to carry out the services they offer. I don't believe they train people correctly and I think the management is absolutely shoddy.

In the same breath I will not be letting my story drop as their feeble, "I am sorry" responses do not cut it and I will be doing all I can to help Sasha Rodroy with her campaign against this industry which is very happy to take our money and do nothing else!!

I NEED GLASSES AGAIN 19 Apr 2013 23:32 #18

• VERY UPSET
  • VERY UPSET's Avatar Topic Author
I had lasik at Optical Express 4 months ago and my vision is WORSE than ever!! They tell me I need more surgery to correct them & it'll be fine. But how can I trust them when they told me my eyes would be perfect after my opertaion which I paid thousands of £££ for & it's not??

While I wait I need glasses to drive and see TV.

They gave me two sets so far which are the wrong prescription and they haven't even said sorry, and I am waiting for the new ones to be sent

Has anyone else had this problem?

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount:
© 2018 Optical Express Ruined My Life. We guarantee your anonymity unless you state otherwise. Please read our Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions of use of our website for full details.