logo6

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
I truly hate to beg, but to continue offering a free service, I need your money!
Please contribute here www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...kunena/recent#donate
Read More...

TOPIC: Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)

The Refractive Lens Exchange Debate 17 Jun 2014 18:53 #261

• HazelJ
  • Thank you received: 4
That sums me up to a tee, never thought I'd wish I could wear glasses again

The Refractive Lens Exchange Debate 15 Jun 2014 08:09 #262

• Sickened
www.aao.org/publications/eyenet/200506/feature.cfm

"Patient demand for refractive lens exchange is on the rise, but physicians are divided over which patients are right for the procedure and whether the risks are worth taking.

It’s an increasingly common scenario: A middle-aged woman with minimal refractive error visits her ophthalmologist. She’s annoyed by the fact that she needs reading glasses and she’s determined to get rid of them. She’s been surfing the Web, reading about accommodative and pseudoaccommodative IOLs, and arrives armed with articles. She hates wearing glasses. She cannot (or will not) tolerate monovision contact lenses. She has no sign of cataracts, but she is “desperate to do something,” and she wants to talk about refractive lens exchange procedures.

What do you tell such a person when she visits your office? For James J. Salz, MD, the answer is obvious: No way. “Regardless of the extent of the patient consent she signed, there is not a chance I could defend in court performing intraocular surgery simply to get rid of a $10 pair of reading glasses.”"
By Lori Baker Schena

What is an Explant 14 Jun 2014 16:30 #263

• anon
What is an explant?
Is it prescription?

When there are problems with the IOL an explant is often needed. This necessitates a new IOL being replaced in the eye, unquestionably more complicated than the original RLE surgery.

Neither of these operations should be trusted to a surgeon with a history of leaving patients with post op complications, as have most of the Optical Express RLE surgeons!

This is an IOL explant, where the lens was inserted on top of the natural lens, less complex than RLE explant - not for the squeamish
:

:kiss:

Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) 13 Jun 2014 19:17 #264

• HazelJ
I had my eyes done in October 2012 and was told the whole time they would improve. They never have and shopping in supermarkets is like being in a disco with flashing lights and halos all round.

I find strong sunlight hurts my eyes without sun glasses, but compared with some of the stories I have read I have been lucky so far.

The floaters didn't happen for nearly a year post op so things could still get worse :(

Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) 11 Jun 2014 17:09 #265

• Shoulod have stayed at specsavers
  • Shoulod have stayed at specsavers's Avatar
I had my procedure in Feb 2013 and the halos have never improved. The led headlights are awful and so are the large white signposts you get when coming into a village, they have a halo of about 150mm around them.

OE will have you believe it is your brain, I think they have been brainwashed to tell you that. At night I see four little stars under every real star in the sky, if I lean back and look at the star from under my lenses the star is perfect.

There is nothing wrong with my brain or yours but it is something we will probably have to live with for the rest of our lives.

I love to look at the sky at night but OE have ruined that for me. :evil:

Halos: Is there a ring of truth around them? 10 Jun 2014 18:12 #266

• HazelJ
Thanks for advice, I too will be out trying to look at the moon tonight. Mind you the floaters will probably get in the way lol :(

Halos: Is there a ring of truth around them? 09 Jun 2014 18:35 #267

• I should have stayed at specsavers
  • I should have stayed at specsavers's Avatar
Were you told that if you see halos around bright lights it is because your brain is not allowing you to see correctly/

I was told this by Prof Dr Jan Arrogant Venter just before he slashed my eye open.

If the moon is out tonight and you can lean back far enough, you need to be almost looking down your cheek line, the bottom of the halo will disappear. It has nothing to do with your brain and everything to do with the fact that you are looking at the moon from below your IO lenses.

Give it a go, but it takes a lot of leaning so have someone support you!

Campaign support 09 Jun 2014 16:48 #268

• should have stayed with specsavers
  • should have stayed with specsavers's Avatar
Thanks for the link.

I had seen something about donating when I first found this site and will now do so.
PS: I was posting as 'anon' but changed my name!

Campaign support 09 Jun 2014 09:55 #269

• Mr Starburst
  • Thank you received: 12
It's all very well donating to Oxford hospital but I think your money would be better invested in Sasha's campaign.

I was helped immeasurably by Sasha who doesn't get paid for what she does. I know full well that she won't let the industry GET AWAY WITH RUINING SO MANY EYES AND LIVES!

We can't expect Sasha to do all this without our help and it is of vital importance that we support her campaign, as there's no one else in the world doing anything comparable to what she does.

PLEASE support her efforts even if it's only a tenner.
fundrazr.com/campaigns/3kL86/ab/53Fw4e
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) 08 Jun 2014 21:33 #270

• anon
I had a long chat with the nurse who did the checks before I saw the doctor. She told me they see many patients who have had their sight damaged by OE and others. She said that the NHS are left to pick up the pieces.

I will attempt to get my money back from Hitachi finance and I can assure you that a large percentage will be donated to Oxford eye hospital.

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount:
© 2018 Optical Express Ruined My Life. We guarantee your anonymity unless you state otherwise. Please read our Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions of use of our website for full details.