logo6

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
I truly hate to beg, but to continue offering a free service, I need your money!
Please contribute here www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...kunena/recent#donate
Read More...

TOPIC: Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE)

Lucky escape! 25 May 2014 13:18 #281

• Keith Coello
I was just hours away from having RLE surgery at Optical Express in White City and was googling directions when my eye caught the OERML site. After reading some of the horror stories of Optical Express customers left with lifelong probems after RLE surgery I was totally taken back and shocked. Nothing like this was mentioned in my initial consultation. All I was told was "you cannot go blind, the worst is having a detached retina which we can fix straight away". £3350 after 20% discount

In my late 40's with -1.25 prescription in both eyes all I wanted was to lose my glasses as I am constantly having to lift them up to read. At my consultation I said I did not want laser treatment as they said I would need reading glasses which I didn't want.

At this point I was offered RLE which they told me was the most advanced surgery and would leave me with 20/20 vision or better, with no need for any type of glasses at all. They told me this would also prevent me developing cataracts in later life which they told me EVERYONE gets.

I didn't think at the time but my father is 74 and doesn't have cataracts!

I was given a 'buy now' price of £3350 after 20% discount. They told me any further additional laser treatments would be free of charge if required.

Being very concerned I emailed OERML in hope of a reply before my surgery. Within 10 minutes I was contacted by Sasha Rodoy who I can honestly say saved my eyes!!!

I cannot thank her enough for her professional assertive kind manner she dealt with me. Sasha is completely correct in questioning why a company would operate to remove healthy natural lenses, other than for pure financial gain, with their actions not governed or regulated.

Thank you for all your hard work as OERML has saved me from the emotional trauma and likely problems that so many of you have been through.

I paid £500 deposit which I want back as I was not told the truth before paying and signing a Hitachi finance agreement.

Keith

Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) 24 May 2014 08:43 #282

• Anonymous
I had RLE over a year ago and my eyes have never been 'right'. I have developed lots of blurry floaters. I was told that floaters come and go but mine have never gone - I am looking at the world through a snow storm. Also I have had almost constant pain and aching in my eyes although OE say they can find nothing wrong with my eyes. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am of the strong opinion that no-one should have surgery performed on their eyes unless it's for medical reasons. It's just not worth the risk.

ON MY WAY BACK 18 May 2014 11:07 #283

• Biffa
  • Thank you received: 0
Last week I had an explant in one eye performed by an independent surgeon and am gradually recovering.

The lens the surgeon took out was a cheap bit of plastic - a sort of Chinese copy!

He has kept it and I have OE's original paperwork stating the exact brand they were going to fit, which was not that.

Every stage of my treatment was mismanaged and not one of them has a leg to stand on.

Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) 01 May 2014 19:44 #284

• Eyes wide shut
This is like white and black magic.

White magic is cataract surgery. It helps and the result is highly appreciated.

Black magic is RLE. Unnecessary surgery performed on perfectly healthy eyes for entirely wrong reason - financial gain.

Unethical, disappointing, harmful, irresponsible, debilitating, ageing.

An implant/lens can be used in many ways - reception-projection! Excellent idea to be combined with microchips, micro-camera to have you always under control, always traceable, this tiny red dot moving on the GPS grid...

Think about it ;)

Jan Venter 14 Apr 2014 19:42 #285

• HazelJ
  • Thank you received: 4
I was 55 when I had mine done and they're still no good :(

Jan Venter 12 Apr 2014 16:42 #286

• admin
  • Thank you received: 152

I am horrified to read what Jan said in this interview with the Express in 2012:
"Sally booked an appointment at an Optical Express clinic in west London where she was told she was a suitable candidate for implantable intraocular lenses.

Last month both her eyes were treated two days apart. Professor Jan Venter, Sally’s surgeon, says: “We used a very sophisticated artificial lens which corrects long and intermediate vision and problems with reading.

The treatment is ideal for the over 40s who can experience quite dramatic improvements in their vision.
”"
www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/3091...me-fatale-in-glasses

I talk to some of the most prestigious ophthalmic surgeons, all of whom have told me they would not perform RLE surgery on anyone under mid fifties unless there was a very good reason!

Not forgetting that I am contacted every week by increasing numbers of OE patients who have problems with these lenses!

:kiss:
Attachments:

No more OE for me! 05 Apr 2014 18:17 #287

• HazelJ
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Kay
Alex George called me but I missed it and he left a message saying we should discuss what could be done to correct my eyes after RLE.

I contacted Sasha for advice and she told me to email him and not to discuss anything over the phone. I sent an email saying I had been told there was nothing to be done so what did he propose to do?

Funny enough he never replied.

No more OE for me! 14 Mar 2014 12:46 #288

• Kay
I also had a call from David Mungall who caught me off guard yesterday offering me a consult with Alex George who performed my RLE surgery, with rail travel paid for myself and a companion.

I rang Mr Hugh Kerr and left a voicemail telling him I wasn't interested in seeing anyone with OE....

Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) 14 Mar 2014 09:30 #289

• CML
Unemployment will be too good for them. I just hope they are out of this world.

Regarding that letter, I too had the EXACT same letter emailed to me.

Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) 12 Mar 2014 16:39 #290

• fedup
Kay,
This is a template letter as it is the same word for word as I received back from this clown.

To add insult to injury they cannot even be bothered to write a personal reply to you. Hannan just wants to telephone you to give you some more BULLSH*T

I do hope you gave him the same response I did. I cannot wait for the day these idiots have to sign on for unemployment benefit.

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount:
© 2018 Optical Express Ruined My Life. We guarantee your anonymity unless you state otherwise. Please read our Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions of use of our website for full details.