logo6

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
I truly hate to beg, but to continue offering a free service, I need your money!
Please contribute here www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...kunena/recent#donate
Read More...

TOPIC: Recurrent Corneal Erosions (RCE)

Recurrent Corneal Erosion 13 Jun 2013 21:42 #1

• Speechless
  • Speechless's Avatar Topic Author
I had lasek 3 years ago & regularly suffer sharp stabbing pains.

I was recently diagnosed with severe dry eyes not having suffered with it for over a year!

I'd not heard of RCE and wonder if it could relate to lasek also.

I also suffer excrutiating pain when my eyeball is even slightly touched by a hair!
:ohmy:

Question for inthebusinessnotOE 11 Jun 2013 22:47 #2

• InthebusinessnotOE
  • InthebusinessnotOE's Avatar Topic Author
Yes possible - all depends on what precisely has taken place before.

To InthebusinessnotOE 11 Jun 2013 12:48 #3

• KeratoSoreEyes
  • KeratoSoreEyes's Avatar Topic Author
Can you have more surgery on eyes which have already had two procedures?

Recurrent Corneal Erosions (RCE) 09 Jun 2013 20:07 #4

• InthebusinessnotOE
  • InthebusinessnotOE's Avatar Topic Author
RCE - Recurrent erosion syndrome - very painful condition and not the easiest to treat. Acutely contact lenses can be used to reduce pain and discomfort. Dry or not, the best way to find out is to try. Long term contact lens use to avoid recurrence is an option but may well be difficult if the eye is dry.

Other options include Sodium chloride 5% ointment at bedtime (used liberally) and lubricants during the day. Ultimately a PTK (phototherapeutic keratectomy) using the Excimer laser - same as used for the original refractive surgery may be of benefit.

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount:
© 2018 Optical Express Ruined My Life. We guarantee your anonymity unless you state otherwise. Please read our Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions of use of our website for full details.