logo6

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
I truly hate to beg, but to continue offering a free service, I need your money!
Please contribute here www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...kunena/recent#donate
Read More...

TOPIC: Optical Express Saved by founder David Mou(l)sdale

Sir Tom Hunter update... 11 May 2015 17:02 #1

• admin
  • Thank you received: 150
I emailed Sir Tom Hunter yesterday:

This morning I received a reply from Ewan Hunter (no relation).

"Dear Sasha

Thank you for (your) email.

To confirm Sir Tom Hunter has no involvement in Optical Express.

Kind Regards
Ewan Hunter
"

I replied, and queried the Sunday Times article.
www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/business/Re...e/article1295958.ece

Ewan replied, "We exited Optical Express and have no involvement in it."

I replied, "Pleased to hear it! Will publish and update press."
:kiss:
Attachments:

Agnes Hunter Trust 10 May 2015 16:43 #2

• admin
About to suggest that OE's damaged patients contact Sir Tom Hunter for help I discovered that his wife, Lady Marion Agnes Hunter, has her own Trust, which funds charities that help those with visual impairments!
www.agneshunter.org.uk/
I wonder if Lady Agnes would consider supporting My Beautiful Eyes/OERML :kiss:

FAO Sir Tom: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Sir Tom Hunter's bail out... 10 May 2015 16:37 #3

• admin
The final piece of my little jigsaw!

• Lady Marion Agnes Hunter is married to Sir Tom Hunter
• Paul Davidson is on the board of West Coast Capital (see 7 May post)

I hope that some of you will understand this complex picture better than I do!

On a simplistic level, because Pacific Shelf 1741 Ltd has a bond, floating charge and debenture over OE's assets, presumably this gives the company (ultimately Sir Tom Hunter) total control over Optical Express should they want it.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong :kiss:
Attachments:

Sir Tom Hunter's bail out... 10 May 2015 16:32 #4

• admin
DCM Ltd (Company number SC146610) is registered at the same address as Pacific Shelf 1741 Ltd

Btw, for those of you who didn't know, DCM is an acronym for David Charles Moulsdale
:kiss:
Attachments:

Sir Tom Hunter's bail out... 10 May 2015 16:30 #5

• admin
Keep your eye on Pacific Shelf :kiss:

• Rod McKenzie is co-founder and senior partner with Harper Macleod LLP, legal team for Optical Express/DCM (Optical Holdings) Ltd.

Attachments:

Sir Tom Hunter's bail out... 08 May 2015 17:00 #6

• admin

Disgusted wrote: www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/business/Re...-standard-2013_08_04
"Hunter put up some of the money that enabled the founder, David Moulsdale, to hang on to the optician and laser eye surgery chain after Royal Bank of Scotland threatened to seize control. The bank, which had already lent £30m, became concerned that the business was spiralling out of control after Moulsdale asked for an emergency loan to pay wages.

Hunter, whose fortune was ravaged by the financial crisis, is understood to have lent Moulsdale roughly half the money needed to buy out RBS. It is thought the bank’s loans were acquired for a fraction of their face value."

Speculation was rife when Sir Tom Hunter bailed out David Moulsdale in August 2013, and my attention was recently directed to information which might explain more about Sir Tom’s interest in Optical Express.

"West Coast Capital is a hands on investor, working closely with management teams, adding value without second guessing those who know more than us.

Previous deals include public to private transactions, venture capital investments and growth capital, together with some distressed debt opportunities which came along
.”
www.westcoastcapital.co.uk

I’ll be posting more on this later.

Meanwhile, rumour suggests that OE's Birmingham store is closing soon, with more closures expected to follow.

Perhaps high street rents are no longer within OE's budget :kiss:

Optical Express growth prospects insecure! 21 Jan 2015 14:54 #7

• admin
"Optical Express - Jan 2015 growth prospects surveyed as being insecure."
dg-di.eu/OM/UK/678525.htm

I would say they're significantly more than insecure :kiss:

Follow Twitter for more info: twitter.com/OERMLuk

Scottish politicians support Moulsdale... 18 Oct 2014 16:04 #8

• admin
With Scottish politicians like Alex Salmond and Gordon Brown on his side, CEO David Moulsdale tries to paint a respectable face on Optical Express and present it as something we all know it's not, a caring company!

See: www.opticalexpress.co.uk/blog/news/optic...peal.html#more-68261

"The STV Appeal was established by STV and the Hunter Foundation…".

And it was an unlucky person who won this:
"The company also donated a treatment voucher with a value of £4,000 to the STV Appeal Grand Online Charity Auction..."

In 2013:
"Hunter put up some of the money that enabled the founder, David Moulsdale, to hang on to the optician and laser eye surgery chain after Royal Bank of Scotland threatened to seize control.”
www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/business/Re...e/article1295958.ece

The multimillion dollar question remains, what’s in it for Tom Hunter :kiss:

Don't let the sun go down on me... 27 May 2014 18:00 #9

• admin
It seems David Moulsdale's dream of world domination went down with the Tokyo moon yesterday.

Approx 4 years ago Optical Express bought ailing Kobe Kanagawa Eye Clinic chain in Japan.
www.kobe-kanagawa.jp/english/

The Wee Shugster (aka Hugh Kerr, General Ops Director) arrived in Japan yesterday with a team of Optical Express senior staff, including HR Advisor Fiona Morton, to close the remaining five Kobe Kanagawa stores, strip their assets (allegedly) and tiptoe out of Japan before anyone notices.

Sound familiar?

I trust they took empty suitcases :kiss:

www.facebook.com/OpticalExpressRuinedMyLife

RBS 25 Nov 2013 20:39 #10

• Disgusted

admin wrote: www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/business/Re...-standard-2013_08_04

"Hunter put up some of the money that enabled the founder, David Moulsdale, to hang on to the optician and laser eye surgery chain after Royal Bank of Scotland threatened to seize control. The bank, which had already lent £30m, became concerned that the business was spiralling out of control after Moulsdale asked for an emergency loan to pay wages.

Hunter, whose fortune was ravaged by the financial crisis, is understood to have lent Moulsdale roughly half the money needed to buy out RBS. It is thought the bank’s loans were acquired for a fraction of their face value."

www.theguardian.com/business/2013/nov/25...ndent-lending-review
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark Scotland!

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount:
© 2018 Optical Express Ruined My Life. We guarantee your anonymity unless you state otherwise. Please read our Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions of use of our website for full details.