logo6

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
I truly hate to beg, but to continue offering a free service, I need your money!
Please contribute here www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...kunena/recent#donate
Read More...

TOPIC: Optical Express Saved by founder David Mou(l)sdale

Optical Express Saved by founder David Mou(l)sdale 21 Nov 2013 17:17 #11

• ex employee
we had to use another directors PERSONAL credit card as the company one was maxed out totally and would not get paid for another month....it had been paid off one day then maxed the next!!

Bait & switch tactics 30 Oct 2013 22:16 #12

• Just Wondering

April 2013 Optical Express advertised: "Laser Eye Surgery from only £395 per eye"

Since September 2013 Optical Express now advertising "Laser Eye Surgery from only £795 per eye"

My maths are not brilliant but this looks like Optical Express have increased their prices by 100% in less than 6 months!

This suggests Optical Express are in very serious financial trouble since CEO David Moulsdale bought his company's £10 million debt from the RBS.

I would advise anyone considering treatment with OE to think carefully as their "lifetime guarantee" could be short lived!
Attachments:

British Property Federation concerns... 15 Oct 2013 13:07 #13

• admin
  • Thank you received: 150
Attachments:

Again?! 01 Oct 2013 23:21 #14

• F*CK YOU DAVID MOULSDALE!
www.heraldscotland.com/business/company-...turing-move.22300969

"OPTICAL Express Group has reported a £15.1 million pre-tax loss for its most recent financial year and says a plan to put a subsidiary into administration is the final piece in its restructuring jigsaw.

Founder David Moulsdale unveiled the intention to appoint an administrator for DCM Optical Clinic and then buy back 16 of the 19 stores in a move which is not expected to lead to any job losses.
"

How many times can he get away with this?!

Optical Express Saved by founder David Mou(l)sdale 26 Sep 2013 09:48 #15

• Anon
My eyes were ruined at Optimax in Leeds and I was sent to the neighbouring NHS hospital, where I was told by a young optometrist, not to worry, because they saw many patients damaged by the high street laser clinics!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, it did worry me. In my opinion the sooner these places shrink and disappear altogether, the better. A rock to creep under, is all these people need.

Optical Express Saved by founder David Mou(l)sdale 25 Sep 2013 11:39 #16

• C'mmon
Look at the photo, isn't it the same building /Airedale House/ Ultralase Leeds was located years ago?
Doomed place.

OE on the skids! 24 Sep 2013 22:22 #17

• Lovin it!
(Repost from OERML FB)
Optical Express recently vacated their Leeds town centre premier site (next to Harvey Nichols) and downsized to a 6th floor serviced office on the other side of town. The only indication of OE's presence is a laminated A4 sign stuck to the wall.

Yet in July, a spokesman for David Moulsdale told the media: "We have been in positive discussions for some time with RBS and have reached an amicable agreement on a deal that will secure the long-term future and expansion of the Optical Express Group. David has agreed to acquire the entire debt owed to RBS by Optical Express and will inject significant workingcapital into the group, positioning it in a highly secure position for continued growth."
www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/80...ebt-payment.21666492

Expansion? Growth?
Attachments:

'Optician Online' Interview with David Moulsdale 30 Aug 2013 21:54 #18

• Lovin it!
ROTFLMFAO

www.opticianonline.net/Articles/2013/08/...s+on+laser+quest.htm

For me, Moulsdale's best two soundbites:
"Ophthalmology and optometry are not commodities and people should always take great care with their sight."
Really David?!

"We believe that the laser eye surgery market in the UK and Ireland could decline further in 2014."
No doubt about that thanks to OERML ;)

Tom Hunter 06 Aug 2013 00:25 #19

• admin
  • Thank you received: 150
Curiouser & curiouser!

www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/business/Re...-standard-2013_08_04

"THE rescue of Optical Express was secretly backed by Sir Tom Hunter, once considered Scotland’s richest man.

Hunter put up some of the money that enabled the founder, David Moulsdale, to hang on to the optician and laser eye surgery chain after Royal Bank of Scotland threatened to seize control. The bank, which had already lent £30m, became concerned that the business was spiralling out of control after Moulsdale asked for an emergency loan to pay wages.

Hunter, whose fortune was ravaged by the financial crisis, is understood to have lent Moulsdale roughly half the money needed to buy out RBS. It is thought the bank’s loans were acquired for a fraction of their face value."

Optical Express Saved by founder David Mou(l)sdale 26 Jul 2013 00:19 #20

• F*CK YOU DAVID MOULSDALE!
"Those tough trading conditions saw a subsidiary called Optical Express (Southern) put into administration in October with the loss of 40 stores."

Dear Mr Mouldsale, please explain how it is that your 123Leeds/OE Southern patients left with damaged eyes are fed bull*** that you are in administration yet you are still trading?!

www.heraldscotland.com/business/company-...t-completed.21680541

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount:
© 2018 Optical Express Ruined My Life. We guarantee your anonymity unless you state otherwise. Please read our Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions of use of our website for full details.