Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Reply: Deposit Refunds

Name
Subject

Topic History of : Deposit Refunds

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
20 Dec 2019 18:38 #493

Noah

's Avatar

So quick update.

Thank you Sasha you’ve helped a ton - two day’s after contacting Sasha I had ALL my money refunded!

Thanks again Sasha
20 Dec 2019 13:06 #492

Jud99

Update: After tweeting Optical Express Care @OEcare on December 13th, I received a very quick DM and was promised that an email confirmation of the cancellation would be sent out. My tweet is still on their page. I heard nothing back and so today sent another DM and they promised they would get this sorted right away.
Into my inbox just now finally arrived the confirmation email. Very business like and to the point, helpfully attaching a copy of their terms and conditions, and reminding me again that, "When paying a deposit, you agree to the terms outlined within the terms and conditions" and advising me that they are retaining £150 of my £500 deposit and my partial refund will be made around the 9th of January.
As I posted on December 2nd I have no intention of leaving my £150 with this company and will fight for it to be refunded.
I have also made a complaint to the General Optical Council.
13 Dec 2019 23:53 #491

Noah

's Avatar

So the story is I went through the pre-consultation back in October and was told I was qualified so they scheduled me for Dec 11th to have Lasek idesign on both of my eyes for £5549 (I fully paid) I get to the appointment with Dr. Muhammad Kazmi and he was brilliant, explained everything to me the different portions of my eye, he also advised me my eyes were just to thin to proceed and extremely dangerous to get the procedure ultimately he advised against me going forward, so I heeded his advice and decided to not proceed.

I was told I’d receive a phone call the next day but still haven’t. It’s only been two days but after reading so many horror stories thought I’d ask Sasha what she thinks or what anyone else thinks. Have they gotten better at timely refunds or do they still try and keep them?
—————————-
admin: They will do their utmost to hang on to the money for as long as possible, hence why you haven’t had a phone call. And if you don’t chase them they certainly won’t chase you!
I will respond to your email ASAP 😎
09 Dec 2019 16:27 #490

Vixkat

Managed to get a refund in two weeks. I decided against the symphony IOL multifocal after seeing what can go so wrong. I dodged a a whole heap of problems. Thanks Sasha for your assistance and help.
09 Dec 2019 11:51 #489

Jud99

Update: No email confirmation of the cancellation in my inbox from OE as promised. I emailed Stephen Hannan, asking him to facilitate the confirmation email, but the email bounced back with the following message:

I don't know what this message means, but all in all is seems to be a very unprofessional way of conducting business.
Attachments:
05 Dec 2019 18:50 #488

Daniel weaver

's Avatar

I was told I had to wait 28 working days to get my refund of 2500 from optical express,since getting in touch with sasha she as helped me through everything brilliantly, and I received 2000 within a couple of days, but I am still 500 short, sasha advised me to make an online claim which i am just waiting to hear back from