logo6

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
I truly hate to beg, but to continue offering a free service, I need your money!
Please contribute here www.opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk/ind...kunena/recent#donate
Read More...

TOPIC: CORRUPT REVIEW SITES

TreatmentSaver.com & Dragon's Den 03 Mar 2014 14:33 #21

• admin
  • Thank you received: 150

admin wrote: 16 Dec 2013 23:40: TreatmentSaver.com
Post a reasonable question for Stephen Hannan which demands an honest answer and see if TS moderators (Ganesh Rao & Tim Harwood) allow it. They will of course check with Optical Express for approval first.

Following their pitch on Dragons' Den last night, Ganesh Rao & Tim Harwood are now using the DD name to promote their claimed "partnership" with Optical Express. This blatantly suggests that the BBC is associated with this promo, when in fact the Dragons were not interested!

This screenshot from Optical Express' site today shows surgery starting "From £795 per eye":

The duo claim that their site saves people money yet Treatmentsaver.com shows "Clinic price: From £1495 £1345 per eye".

Even I have to admit there's a big saving if you go direct to Optical Express and cut out the middle men!

Watch the duo pitch to the Dragons @ 26.20mins:
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03xp07n/D...eries_11_Episode_12/ :kiss:
Attachments:

FAKE REVIEW! 19 Jan 2014 11:50 #22

• Anon
www.reviewcentre.com/Online-Opticians/Op...o-uk-review_24201989
“Best decision of my life”
Written on: 17/01/2014 by lewis1989 (1 review written)
"At first I was sceptical about laser eye treatment but I decided to have a consultation because it was a free.***I read lots of bad stories about laser eye treatment going wrong but after speaking to a consultant I realised that my contact lens wearing happened to be a lot more risky than the procedure laser eye surgery. I read the reviews on the website and at the centre but I never trust those kinds of things as they always seem to be fixed but after having my treatment I realise that they are correct. I spent years wearing contact lenses and not even realising how much effort it is to take care of your eyes and *I had issues with dry eyes and styes whilst wearing them. After this treatment my eyes are perfect. It's been almost a year and I have perfect vision. In that time I passed my driving test and **I've been for independent eye exams. It always seems a bit "cheesy" to say this but it has changed my life for the better. I don't miss the money and every morning I wake up and look out of the window I realise how much of a difference it has made to my life."

*Anyone who has dry eye syndrome after laser eye surgery will know that if "lewis1989" had dry eyes BEFORE surgery he sure as hell had it afterwards.
**Why would you go for "independent eye exams" within less than a year if OE had given you "perfect vision"?!

There's no doubt in my mind that this is a blatant 'home grown' review from OE.

***I would like to point out that these fake reviews are a good sign of OE's desperation to convince the thousands of ppl who now read this website to ignore the truth of our problems. And if you've seen the blanket TV advertising since Christmas you should understand that companies only spend heavily on advertising when they need business B)

Post reviews here!!! 01 Jan 2014 21:55 #23

• Oracle

Trustpilot 24 Dec 2013 14:55 #24

• Pandora
  • Thank you received: 1
It might be simpler for you to get an honest answer to your question by trying to contact a Trustpilot reviewer who's commented on a different business.

I doubt any company would pay to advertise on a site which published negative reviews against it, therefore in my opinion any review site which profits from advertising must be biased.

TRUSTPILOT 19 Dec 2013 13:04 #25

• David
Trust Pilot have threatened to ban me for reporting suspicious reviews... I have emailed them to explain as follows.

"I've been asked to send my suspicions of false reviews here.

Please look at the pattern of reviews for optical express. They will get a couple of poor reviews, then within a 24 hour period several 5 star reviews will be posted and immediately verified. Then a gap of about a week before more poor reviews and the pattern repeats...it's quite obvious.

You have to understand the importance of transparency on review sites like trust pilot as these are the sources of information consumers use to make an informed choice.
This is particularly important with regards to optical express who are providing laser eye surgery. Decisions to undergo such treatment would have devastating consequences should something not be done correctly, it's not like buying a TV where you can simply return it should there be a problem.

Trust Pilot is the top independent hit on Google for the search "Optical Express Reviews", your website is therefore highly influential in whether consumers choose Optical Express. For this reason you must provide a balanced and fair review process.
The reviews I reported may be genuine, however to me they seem suspicious. I was merely pointing out my suspicions, it's up to your conscience as to whether you do anything about it.

Thanks, David
"

TreatmentSaver.com 16 Dec 2013 23:40 #26

• admin
Post a reasonable question for Stephen Hannan which demands an honest answer and see if TS moderators (Ganesh Rao & Tim Harwood) allow it. They will of course check with Optical Express for approval first.

Take a screen shot for your records - or copy & paste - and if after 12hrs your post is not approved send details to: www.complaintsboard.com/new_complaint/

Please copy message to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

All such censored messages will be forwarded to the government.

Paid 'Review' sites and Forums like TreatmentSaver MUST be exposed for the paid advertising platforms they actually are!

Here's one I prepared earlier:

:kiss:
Attachments:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/ 15 Dec 2013 16:32 #27

• FYI

OE Heavy Handed Practises on the Internet. 15 Dec 2013 15:58 #28

• Anymouse
People shouldn't trust TreatmentSaver any more than they should Trustpilot (misnomer if ever there was one)!

"We do not highlight that our surgeons are among the most experienced in the industry in order to be boastful." And they don't highlight how many of their "most experienced" surgeons have legal cases and complaints to the GMC against them!

The list of clinics advertising are a sorry lot!
*Optimax-widely publicised problems with surgery outcomes.
*Optical Express-widely publicised problems with surgery outcomes.
*Ultralase-in administration!
*Accuvision-at least one patient alleges he was operated on by the business owner, not a surgeon.
*Focus-desperate with £1800 discount if you book online (sells on Groupon!!!)
*AVC-desperate with £1150 discount if you book online (sells on Groupon!!!)
*Viewpoint Vision- desperate with £1600 discount if you book online (sells on Groupon!!!)

Who would trust a site where the so called "experts" are obviously there in order to promote their own businesses?

I know Trustpilot has been reported to the government for fake reviews, and TreatmentSaver should be as well!

'Treatmentsaver .com' advertising site 15 Dec 2013 00:31 #29

• admin
Re www.treatmentsaver.com/management

Ganesh Rao & Tim Harwood founded 'treatmentsaver.com' with the sole purpose of profiting from advertising revenue, just like 'Trustpilot' and 'Review Centre'!

"As a doctor that is passionate about technology and the Internet in healthcare, Ganesh (Rao) found it odd that people can compare car insurance online but they can't compare clinics for medical treatment. It was this that led Ganesh to set up TreatmentSaver.com - an independent clinic comparison site to help people find the best clinics at the best price."

I've always said that the high street clinics sell refractive eye surgery like used cars!

'Dr' Rao knows sweet FA about eye surgery - therefore fully qualified for a job with Optical Express - whilst ophthalmic surgeon David Allamby sits alongside optometrist Stephen Hannan as the site's claimed "laser eye surgery experts", politely bickering with one another blatantly trying to impress potential customers.

I've tried posting on the site, as have others, but guess what - we didn't get past moderation!

Presumably due to the fact that valuable advertisers like Optical Express would be upset and cancel their contracts!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robin

Wikipedia 25 Nov 2013 14:20 #30

• admin
Wikipedia has proven to be as open to corruption as much else in this world when corporate survival is at risk.

Optical Express' personal Wikipedia editor 'Hardlygone' polices their article and any factual information is eventually removed after pressure from him. If the independent editor responsible continues to dispute this then they may find themselves banned from Wiki for life as happened to 'Golfbravoecho' who fought valiantly for more than a year on Wiki!!

Over the last 18 months OE's Wiki page has been reduced to a few paragraphs as a result of the battle between truth and Optical Express' aversion to sourced facts being included in the article.

All mention of the OERML site itself was expunged from Wikipedia thanks to 'Hardlygone' and his supporters. They made some kind of deal with senior Wiki editors agreeing to lose some of their positives in return for losing the negatives!

Currently, an addition to the OE Wiki Article relating to John McDonnell's Ten Minute Rule Bill is being objected to by 'Hardlygone', believed to be Patrick Kelly, OE's previous Online Marketing Director.

The screenshots below are how it stands. Let's see if OE are successful in having these removed too!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Optical_Express

Attachments:

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount:
© 2018 Optical Express Ruined My Life. We guarantee your anonymity unless you state otherwise. Please read our Privacy Policy and the Terms and Conditions of use of our website for full details.