BBC Inside Out West exposé 07 Sep 2015 21:53 #91

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 152
BBC undercover investigation :kiss:

BBC Inside Out expose 07 Sep 2015 21:52 #92

• Jimmy B
  • Thank you received: 21
Oh boy have Optical Express shamed themselves this time, is there no end to their LIES??

'Laser Eye Surgery mandatory for fighter pilots'!!!

And as usual it's 100% safe .

Saying that Julie Williams' eyesight has been improved when this lady is sat telling a TV reporter that she has major problems just smacks of their total arrogance.

My consultation was the same, I was never given any literature explaining the risks, just a quote and then taken in to a room by a sales girl who was desperate to get me to sign on the dotted line...

OPTICAL EXPRESS - YOU ARE AT LAST BEING EXPOSED AND SHOULD HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!!!

Laser eye surgery is "mandatory" for RAF pilots! 07 Sep 2015 14:00 #93

• admin
It gets better :kiss:

"He also made claims to the BBC reporter that fighter pilots were required to have laser eye surgery.

Mr Margetts added: "The new visor systems where you can see 40 miles away, the laser tracking systems that shine off your corneas, mustn't have a parallax error. So you have to be lasered to match the visor, so it's now called a biometric enhancement
.""
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimmy B

BBC undercover investigation Mon 7 Sept @ 7.30pm 06 Sep 2015 15:40 #94

• admin

It's been so hard keeping quiet about this, and I've nagged the producer for months asking,"When, when, when…?"

A huge thank you to everyone who contributed - and to Suzanne’s clever autistic son George for sorting out the GoPro footage filmed inside the clinic during our Bristol demo on 12 May.

And a special thank you to the person with a conscience who made it possible :kiss:

Watch tomorrow, BBC Inside Out West @ 7.30pm on BBC 1 West!
www.facebook.com/insideoutwest

As soon as it's available on iPlayer I'll post the link here.

And, if you're overseas and unable to access iPlayer, it will be uploaded to YouTube asap!

The optom is John Margetts; would you buy a used car from this man, let alone eye surgery?

He is not fit to practise and is being reported to the General Optical Council. Hopefully other OE optoms will think twice about risking their careers before lying to patients to meet sales targets!

An optom emailed me earlier to say that, if "inter-molecular gravitational traction" existed, the name implies that you are relying on gravity to keep the flap on, so don't lie face down!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pandora, Jimmy B

BBC Radio WM - Danny Kelly interview 14 May 2015 13:23 #95

• admin
Interview with Danny Kelly on BBC Radio this morning :kiss:

Start listening @ 02.09.46 mins in...
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qrph4

NB: Paul Snape is an Optical Express patient, and Ashley Richards an Optimax patient.

Optical Express v Daily Mail 04 Mar 2015 19:20 #96

• admin
I am happy to confirm that the proceedings issued against the Daily Mail by Optical Express have not been resolved and remain very much active.

The Daily Mail simply apologised for their mistaken claims of 'blindness' and 'class action'.

And rightly so!

Of course none of OE's "more than 600,000 patients have ever gone blind”! At least not permanently, that I know of - yet!

And it is completely untrue that more than 50 patients have joined a class action law suit, because there are in fact more than 100 patients so far, and the lawyers have decided to issue individual claims for each
:kiss:

Read this 03 Mar 2015 20:19 #97

• Important to you guys

www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-2974957...ons-corrections.html

admin: I have only just read this post… Optical Express issued a legal claim against the Daily Mail last month, and last week I spoke with the Mail's lawyer and provided information to help their defence.

There was no suggestion of a public retraction then and I am therefore shocked to read this, especially because it’s misleading!

I will make enquiries tomorrow.
Attachments:

The Register 14 Feb 2015 19:25 #98

• admin
For those of you unfamiliar with my fight to keep OERML online: www.theregister.co.uk/Tag/sasha%20rodoy

twitter.com/OERMLuk
www.facebook.com/OERML
Attachments:

Daily Mail 'Good Health':10 Feb '15 10 Feb 2015 19:03 #99

• admin
Hard copy - front page header + double page spread :kiss:

Attachments:

Daily Mail 'Good Health':10 Feb '15 10 Feb 2015 01:07 #100

• Pandora