logo6

OE in Administration

• annie

Replied by annie on topic Expansion or Closure or WHY NOT HAVE BOTH

Posted 22 Nov 2013 15:13 #11
They also had a clinic in Gateshead Metro Centre and they closed it about a year ago and another one has opened, but just in a different location in the same shopping precinct.
Last Edit:22 Nov 2013 15:45 by annie
  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Danny on topic OE put yet another subsidiary in administration!!!

Posted 11 Nov 2013 16:16 #12
Yup, the idiot Moulsdale has done it again, presumably the same stuff like this time last year where among others many landlords got fleeced by these jokers. Surely what they are doing over and over is not legal.

DCM Optical Clinic plc is the subsidiary in question, 19 branches put in administration and they immediately bought back 16 of those. As it happens one of the branches was where I had my surgery and this now involves my litigation case, luckily though they will have to have had adequate insurance which will still cover this, if they never had insurance then this (and many others) surely now would become a criminal case.

My legal team are not concerned much so my case thunders on, hopefully it shouldn't be long now before we serve court papers.
by Danny
  • Poppy
  • Poppy's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by Poppy on topic OE Southern Ltd (Now 123Leeds)

Posted 05 May 2013 21:40 #13
Companies House should be contacted because if a Director of a company has been disqualified or declared bankrupt he cannot serve as a Director elsewhere.

The accounts and financial statements can be obtained from Companies House online. If they have gone into administration the administrators may choose to allow certain parts of the company to continue to trade if they are generating profit to pay the creditors.

The whole thing stinks.

I have been advised that they must be insured to offer surgery.

I imagine OE's solicitors and accountants are slick enough to have thought of every angle.
Last Edit:13 May 2013 22:52 by Poppy
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic OE Southern Ltd

Posted 03 May 2013 14:23 #14
Optical Express Ltd recently made an ex gratia offer to a patient treated by an Optical Express Southern Ltd branch now in administration.

Solicitors will look at this next week and I will update when I have more info.
Last Edit:03 May 2013 14:24 by admin
  • Poppy
  • Poppy's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by Poppy on topic OE in Administration

Posted 03 May 2013 13:01 #15
Scottie, I am in the same position, although the branch whereI had surgery continues to trade.
If you get my email address from the Administrator of this site I would be interested to exchange details of the situation to date regarding my litigation.
Poppy
by Poppy
  • Nick
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nick on topic OE in Administration

Posted 24 Apr 2013 20:28 #16
On the other forum I referred to. Many have mentioned how it was successful for them, therefore for the uninformed, those looking for affirmations to proceed, they generally will pay scant attention to the "true facts and risks", once somebody has set their mind on something they will generally go ahead anyway.

However, forewarning that the shop they choose might not be open the next day, week, month(s), will hopefully make people think twice about using a particular chain, more so than the numerous horror stories.
by Nick
  • Observing

Replied by Observing on topic OE in Administration

Posted 24 Apr 2013 19:59 #17
Who in their right mind would get their eyes lasered at OE (or anywhere else) if they were in possession of the true facts of how many people suffer problems :dry:
Last Edit:24 Apr 2013 20:00 by Observing
  • Nick

Posted 24 Apr 2013 19:55 #18
Scottie can your solicitor sue their insurers?
by Nick
  • Nick

Posted 24 Apr 2013 19:52 #19
Somebody was enquiring about laser eye surgery on another forum.

Thanks for the reminder below, besides my other response, I just posted this:

"Would you buy gift vouchers from a store knowing they were in financial strife? (Comet, HMV, Rapid, Virgin, Jessops).

Optical Express Southern Ltd is in administration (David Moulsdale spit the Scottish based company last year, perhaps due to knowing too well how many problem patients they had on their books, one way to effectively defer legal redemption!).

Irrespective of that minor detail, get your eyes lasered from the biggest High Street outfit, who could be gone without notice at any time (this has already happened up and down the UK, 250 stores closed, landlords not paid), now where is your after care, follow on consultants, or worst where would it leave you if you ended up with issues".

We should publicise the fact a lot of OE is in administration! Who in their right mind would get their eyes lasered by a shop that might not be open the following day.
Last Edit:24 Apr 2013 19:56 by Nick
  • Nick

Posted 24 Apr 2013 19:37 #20
Thought part of the company has been in Administration for some time now. This is something the general public really need to be aware of. Have your eyes lasered by OE and one day they might not be around.

The probably realise how how many damaged patients they have on their books (considerably more than Optimax ever had), hence the move, slimy bastards.
Last Edit:24 Apr 2013 19:42 by Nick
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount