logo6

OPTIMAX | ULTRALASE

• Sybil Hunter
  • Sybil Hunter's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by Sybil Hunter on topic Optimax Ruined My Life

Posted 28 Dec 2014 20:33 #211
I had laser surgery in 2004 at Optimax Glasgow branch which gave me so called 20/20 vision, but left me needing reading glasses for all PC work etc…

I had to carry 3 different pairs of glasses everywhere I went, but as I had worn glasses as far back as I could remember I thought it was great, so much so that I talked my husband into having his eyes done 3 months after I did at Optimax Glasgow branch.

He was also left needing to wear reading glasses for everything, in fact he has worn them at the end of his nose or on top of his head ever since.

Four years later my sight regressed in 2008 andI went to Optical Express East Kilbride branch where I was told I needed to wear glasses 24/7. This totally devastated me as I thought my sight was fixed for ever. I was advised by Optical Express that I could have a retreat but advised to go back to Optimax as they should retreat met for free.

I made an appointment and saw Dr Anwar who tested my eyes and told me Optical Express were wrong as there was nothing wrong with my sight.

Eventually Dr Awar admitted one of my eyes had “slightly" regressed and he would retreat, but it would cost me £1000!

Dr Anwar also placed his hand on my knee and asked me what was I looking for and I replied, to see without having to wear glasses 24/7. He replied by saying I should grow old gracefully and except I had to wear glasses again!

Its a pity they did not say that to me at the age of 50 before taking my money and promising me perfect sight. Dr Anwar also told me he would like to be a millionaire but that was not going to happen, he also said he would like a full head of hair as he was starting to go bald, but again that was not going to happen, and again said I should just grow old gracefully.

I wrote to Russell Ambrose and told him I was going to the Sunday Mail with my story and he gave me a refund part payment of £800 as a gesture of goodwill.

I then went back to Optical Express and paid to have the retreat which was to be mono vision in one eye for reading, and one eye for distance. On the day of surgery the surgeon refused to do mono vision and gave me 10 minutes to decide to cancel or just have distance for both eyes. Under pressure I made the wrong decision and went ahead as I had taken holidays from work etc.

The retreat went so wrong and I was left with having to wear glasses 24/7. In fact my sight was worse than it had ever been.

Months of appointments, drops, until referred to Optical Express Complex Care Team. Eventually, at great expense to myself, with many appointments and time off work, I had RLE, then another laser treatment for mono vision - again at expense to myself. I was left with severe dry eyes which cause me to wake up every night in pain, still having to use drops daily at my own expense.

I then asked to be referred to a surgeon of my own choice in London. Again, I paid all travelling and hotel expenses myself and the surgeon told me I was doomed the day I walked in to Optical Express because the retreat I had been given could never have worked on top of the original treatment I'd had at Optimax.

I think what upsets me most is to have been left and ignored by Optical Express, because once they have your money they just want rid of problems. They have never apologised or offered any compensation for the problems they have left me with for life. Maybe I should now take legal advice.
Last Edit:28 Dec 2014 21:50 by Sybil Hunter
  • Puzzled

Replied by Puzzled on topic Optimaxruinedmylife.com

Posted 17 Dec 2014 13:25 #212
What has happened to Ashley (Mr Abs)? He was kind and supportive of fellow victims, but now he has become conspicuous by his absence............has he been paid off and gagged?
Last Edit:17 Dec 2014 13:35 by Puzzled
  • Curious

Replied by Curious on topic Optimax Ruined My Life website

Posted 15 Dec 2014 11:06 #213
Anyone know what happened to this www.optimaxruinedmylife.com/ ?

Has the guy been paid & gagged ?
Last Edit:15 Dec 2014 11:54 by Curious
  • Caro

Replied by Caro on topic Optimax Patients

Posted 25 Nov 2014 11:39 #214
Hi Jane, I had my eyes trashed by Optimax almost eight years ago. I too was sent a letter offering me £50 for every person I could persuade to have the treatment, at a time when the damage to my eyes, coupled with the despicable way I was treated by these people, had me wanting to end my life. But we are nothing more than a money making commodity to this company.
Last Edit:25 Nov 2014 12:20 by Caro
  • Jane

Replied by Jane on topic Insulting and offensive!

Posted 24 Nov 2014 19:43 #215
I had Lasik 2 years ago today at Optimax in Manchester by Dr Seethappa Madhusudhan, and I've been left with serious problems.

How can Optimax be so cruel to send this email to me today? This is an insult.
Last Edit:24 Nov 2014 22:17 by Jane
Attachments:
  • Statler

Replied by Statler on topic Sasha Rodoy v Optimax

Posted 16 Nov 2014 23:38 #216
A smörgåsbord for the media. One wonders if Moulsdale would have fought over pennies in the same way it look like Russell Ambrose is doing.
That said I think Moulsdale is too canny to have left Sasha in the position of being able to take legal action. When paying her off he would have instructed the best and most expensive lawyers to gag her so tight she wouldn’t have been able to dream his name without being sued!
Last Edit:16 Nov 2014 23:41 by Statler
  • Mr Abs
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mr Abs on topic Sasha Rodoy v Optimax

Posted 16 Nov 2014 21:31 #217
An out of court settlement usually comes with a non disclosure agreement (NDA) known better as a 'gagging order’. This has always been a problem for Sasha Rodoy because it’s common knowledge that Optimax damaged her eyes but she’s legally not allowed to talk about the details (I can).

That’s all going to change in the New Year!

In the summer Sasha threatened legal proceedings against Russell Ambrose for breach of their compensation agreement. Ambrose's solicitor tried to settle things out of court (I was part of their proposition) but Sasha wouldn’t be bullied and refused to dance to Russell's tune and issued a court claim a few months ago - for an amount less than he must have already paid his solicitor!!

Then Ambrose issued a counterclaim and at long last their first court date is set for the 7th January 2015.

Optimax's counterclaim is for an unspecified amount of money so this has taken the case out of the Small Claims Court and the eventual hearing should be open to the public.

Sasha is still being very careful about what she says until then, but I can tell you that with the press and TV guaranteed to be reporting the story it should be quite a show. :cheer:
Last Edit:05 Jun 2015 11:31 by Mr Abs
  • Angry

Replied by Angry on topic Optimax Patients

Posted 03 Nov 2014 10:07 #218
Nasty Troll ! By doing what you did, you hurt a great many decent people who are suffering and trying to help others. If Sasha or Mr Abs would like victims to write to FB or anyone else, to explain that they have courage and integrity, and are helping others, then I will be defending them because they deserve our support.
by Angry
  • Amanda
  • Amanda's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Amanda on topic Optimax Patients

Posted 02 Nov 2014 18:44 #219
Attention attention - your favourite subject, you sick trolll!

Thanks to you my story has gone off ORML website and off Facebook!

Bet you wish you had my MGD hey? Just think how much attention you could get with that to moan about!!

You deserve MGD and everything else for what you've done to us!
Last Edit:02 Nov 2014 19:06 by Amanda
  • Mr Starburst
  • Mr Starburst's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 12

Replied by Mr Starburst on topic Optimax Ruined My Life Facebook page?

Posted 31 Oct 2014 14:01 #220

Nope! All down to a nasty little troll who is insanely jealous of Sasha (Sasha couldn’t see it but everyone else did) and doing its damnedest to disrupt the campaign. The troll was banned from OERML after complaints in August (I was one of the people who complained about it).

In spiteful revenge this sick little troll has caused Mr Abs so much trouble that he had to remove his ORML Facebook page and a lot of the content off his ORML website or he would lose his job. The horrible troll has also caused problems with OERML Facebook so it’s down at the moment. I spoke to Sasha yesterday and she’s waiting for FB to send a copy of the complaint and then she’ll know exactly what’s going on.

The troll should be asking OE and Optimax for wages because it’s working for them now!

If you want any more info send an email c/o Sasha "FAO Mr Starburst”.

PS - It helps me to picture the little troll as a wasp trapped in a jam jar, thrashing against the sides in frustration because it hasn’t been asked to talk to the newspapers and isn’t getting any attention!
Wish I could block up the holes in the lid though :evil:
Last Edit:26 Mar 2016 11:12 by Mr Starburst
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pandora
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount