logo6

Deposit Refunds

• HDolley
  • HDolley's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by HDolley on topic Full refund!

Posted 22 Nov 2022 19:12 #61
Hi,

I received my refund!
Thanks so much for all of your help!

Kind regards.
by HDolley
  • HDolley
  • HDolley's Avatar Offline

Replied by HDolley on topic Deposit Refunds

Posted 18 Oct 2022 15:39 #62
Hi Sasha,
Please can you help?
I attended the Optical Express store in Derby on the 23rd Sept, an hour after I attended Specsavers for an up-to-date eye-test and prescription, Specsavers informed me I had ONE scar on my eye. That afternoon I visited Optical Express, and after all of the tests were performed I was informed I had LOTS AND LOTS of scarring on my eyes from wearing contact lenses, when I queried this I was told "Oh, our equipment is far more advanced!" Obviously hearing this scared me, as I wear contact lenses a lot and to hear the damage I was potentially doing to my eyes was very persuasive. Then I was told my corneas are very thin and i'd have to have the Lasek surgery, he didn't hold back in telling me it would be excruciatingly painful for a few days after and that it is the more painful surgery with a longer recovery time. Concerned, I asked about how that could potentially impact me as a frontline healthcare worker but he dismissed my fears, despite the fact my job is a high-splash environment and can be violent at times. I was then taken through to the sales lady who was training a new-starter whilst talking to me, she spoke so fast I didn't have a clue what she was saying or whether she was speaking to me or explaining to the trainee, I had to ask for her to repeat herself a lot. I was advised to book in to have the more advanced PENTACAM scan due to me being borderline the following week at the Nottingham branch, I was told I would be able to chat with a consultant at this time, impressed by their care and assurances that I could be found unsuitable 'we want to make absolutely sure to ensure you the best outcome' I decided to part with the £500. I was also told I would receive a phonecall to arrange finance in 3 days' time due to it being a weekend, the call never came but I wasn't too concerned as I assumed they were waiting until after my more advanced scan.
I spent an hour travelling to Nottingham where I had my scan and was ushered straight out of the building, they informed me they would email the Derby branch with the results and get them to ring me the next day, this was at odds with the consultant meeting I was promised. The call never came.
I emailed on the 2nd October to make a complaint about the lack of communication, the Derby branch then rang me back on the 3rd October, which was far exceeding the cool-off period, to finally arrange finance and give me my results, which were fine. I expressed my doubts and concerns again on the phonecall but was assured I had nothing to worry about. During the later finance call I was told I had booked in for LASEK with idesign, I hadn't asked for the idesign I believe this costs significantly more; my finance application was subsequently rejected. I decided to postpone my surgery until February so I could raise the necessary funds, but after some research into LASEK and the lack of communication I received from my local Optical Express store, I lost faith in their service; I joined a Facebook laser eye surgery support group, and they were shocked to learn I had no clue who would be doing it. This was the final straw for me, I emailed on the 11th of October to cancel the surgery altogether and requesting my deposit be returned, I emailed again two days later, and as of yet, have had no acknowledgment or communication from them.

Kind regards,
Hazel Dolley
Last Edit:24 Nov 2022 17:33 by HDolley
  • Katiearl
  • Katiearl's Avatar Offline

Replied by Katiearl on topic Deposit request

Posted 17 Oct 2022 17:49 #63
I recently enquired to get laser eye surgery at Optical Express. At the first consultation, the optometrist completed all the tests and suggested LASEK based on my high prescription (-9). I accepted it and didn’t ask questions as they say they do 6/10 surgeries in the country so thought they were the best and most experienced clinic.

On the day of the surgery the patient advisor couldn't get my prescription to match my previous tests so told me to “take a break” and “calm down” as apparently my eyes were tense due to stress (I wasn’t stressed).

After 4 hours they had to dilate my eyes to complete the tests and then I was told I would have to rebook the surgery on another day. Just before I left I spoke with the surgeon (Mohsin Patel) to discuss everything before coming back for the surgery. He was extremely negative about the procedure for prescriptions like mine and even said “with my risk profile I wouldn’t get it done if I was you”. I wasn’t sure if he was just trying to cover his back or he genuinely thought my prescription wasn’t good for LASEK. Before leaving he suggested I went to another company to see what they could offer.

Thankfully I didn’t go to the follow up surgery appointment and have since found out that they don’t have the latest technology as they claim. Lucky escape but looking to get my deposit back as I only got the truth after I paid my deposit and spoke to the surgeon

Please send your phone number and I'll call you: sasha@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk
Last Edit:18 Oct 2022 15:12 by Katiearl
  • Sue

Replied by Sue on topic £500 Deposit

Posted 16 Oct 2022 19:07 #64
Good evening
I am speaking to someone on Wednesday to go through my surgery which I have booked for December and paid a deposit of £500. Today after reading many reviews and already having dry eye I have decided to cancel.
Any advice or key words I should use to guarantee to get my deposit back please.
Would appreciate any help
Thank you
Sue
Last Edit:18 Oct 2022 15:12 by Sue
  • Mila

Replied by Mila on topic Deposit refund

Posted 12 Oct 2022 13:20 #65
Just want to ask how many days did you wait to get your refund? Rang optical express, they say it will take 28 woking days

Last Edit:26 Oct 2022 12:47 by Mila
  • Clundy25
  • Clundy25's Avatar Offline

Replied by Clundy25 on topic Deposit refund

Posted 13 Sep 2022 12:00 #66
just to let you know that I have received my refund from Optical Express today. Many thanks for your help Sasha.
Last Edit:13 Sep 2022 16:20 by Clundy25
  • Simpson74
  • Simpson74's Avatar Offline

Replied by Simpson74 on topic How to get a refund?

Posted 30 Aug 2022 13:05 #67
Hi,

After my eye surgery changed last minute with Dr Kazmi I decided against going for the surgery due to the last minute change and the stories I've read here (Lasek instead of Lasik)

I sent an email to cancel and got a generic auto reply saying they'd be in touch wihtin 3 days (This was on 16/08/22) however nobody has contacted me. I've rang twice and each time was told someone would be back in touch but I haven't got any confirmations/emails or further contact from them.

What are my next best steps? They've took nearly 2,000 GBP from me and now seemingly ghosting me.

Any help appriciated,

Lewis
Last Edit:01 Sep 2022 13:37 by Simpson74
  • Clundy25
  • Clundy25's Avatar Offline

Replied by Clundy25 on topic Deposit refund

Posted 25 Aug 2022 12:38 #68
Hi

Looking advice on getting a refund on the £500 deposit.

I had my initial tests at the start of July and was told that I would be suitable for multi focal lens replacement surgery.

I paid my deposit of £500 and the surgery was booked for September but after finding a lot of disturbing information I decided to cancel. I didn't speak to a surgeon and was given little factual information.

Below is the response:

Last Edit:29 Aug 2022 15:52 by Clundy25
  • bd25a0a73b6dcf085cecde745477ef1b
  • bd25a0a73b6dcf085cecde745477ef1b's Avatar Offline

Replied by bd25a0a73b6dcf085cecde745477ef1b on topic Deposit refunded in full

Posted 08 Jun 2022 07:45 #69
Dear Sasha

I would just like to thank you for all your help. I received my full £500 back from optical express

Thank you for what you do. God bless you

Kind Regards

Denise
by bd25a0a73b6dcf085cecde745477ef1b
  • Mutanthamster
  • Mutanthamster's Avatar Offline

Replied by Mutanthamster on topic Deposit Refunds

Posted 28 May 2022 11:31 #70
I booked in for eye surgery with Optical Express a week ago, then I saw this website and cancelled.

After another week of thinking things over I thought that the cases I’ve read here are most probably unfortunate isolated cases, much like what we have seen over covid and some of the apparent vaccine injuries.

I’m here thinking I’ve worn extended wear contacts for 20 years. Only had one infection in that time, my eyes are healthy, my prescription isn’t too bad -4 so I should be fine for LASIK.

But because of this website I keep thinking What if? What if I’m one of the unfortunate ones. My eyes are healthy, why have unnecessary surgery and slice it open.

So I’m cancelling again, I expect they will try to keep half of the deposit.

However I just want to say thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences and I’m sorry to read what many of you are going through. Losing my sight or having eternal eye pain is one of my biggest fears and it must be extremely tough to live with, not only the pain and visual problems but also the regret of having the surgery done.

Without this website I’m sure many more people would be signing up in droves without realising the potential implications and trusting in the word of the surgeons and staff.

We like to think that if something were unsafe it would be closed down by the authorities, however this doesn’t seem to be the case. The vast majority of people who have it I’m sure are fine, I certainly know several who sware by it which convinced me.

However why weaken the integrity of the eyeball for convenience?

Nah bonkers. I’m sticking with glasses and contacts, (must stop going in swimming pools in contacts though).

Thanks all and hope those who are suffering manage to find a solution.

Meanwhile, they are not entiltled to keep any of your deposit, so if you want it all back, do email me
:kiss:
sasha@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk
Last Edit:17 Jun 2023 16:12 by Mutanthamster
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount