logo6

Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

• ex employee free

Replied by ex employee free on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 20 Mar 2014 20:15 #31

myramc wrote: In one part, towards the end of my long journey with them, it states "possible management explant for mono in dominant eye have not discussed this with patient????"

They are talking about replacing your M+ lens with a monovision lens as the M+ is more likely to cause glare and sight issues than the mono which is more similar to normal cataract surgery
Last Edit:20 Mar 2014 20:17 by ex employee free
  • ex employee free

Posted 20 Mar 2014 20:06 #32

Huh ? wrote: Is it true that the criteria used by optoms to decide suitability of patients for surgery is defined by OE Head Office?

Yes by Stephen Hannan, senior ODM's and the IMAB

The IMAB meet once a year and are all paid for their time. The meeting normally runs for 4 days in an exotic location like Barbados.

This meeting is always attended by David Moulsdale even though he has no medical knowledge to voice an opinion

Huh ? wrote: Are surgeons and optoms encouraged to keep the patient uninformed of problems caused by surgeon error?

All post op issues go to the ODM (Senior optometrist) and if s/he can't advise passed to Stephen Hannan and Prof Jan Venter for solution. Optoms are told to down play DLK (Diffuse lamellar keratitisas) as minor dry eye

There is a script that as a optom/ refractive technician you adapt to your own style to deal with any issue

Px "I have dry eyes"

OE "Don't worry its a minor issue that can be cleared up with a course of drops”

I have often seen where a surgeon had no idea what the problem was, passed it off as minor issue only for the person to call the OE 24 hour helpline saying they are in hospital with severe pain

Most OE surgeons did not study ophthalmology as their doctorate, they only got into it as they saw the money that could be made - £2000 a day
Last Edit:31 Oct 2014 20:38 by ex employee free
  • myramc
  • myramc's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by myramc on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 20 Mar 2014 20:05 #33
I had RLE 2 years ago, haven't been able to see properly since, with terrible blurring, clouding, glare and dry eye.

Just yesterday I got my records sent from OE.

In one part, towards the end of my long journey with them, it states "possible management explant for mono in dominant eye have not discussed this with patient????"

What does this mean?

I paid €1800 for lens, and my insurer paid €5000. I know a lady who had same procedure as me within a week of me, who had no insurance and paid less than half this, is this normal practice for OE ?
Last Edit:20 Mar 2014 20:09 by myramc
  • Huh ?

Replied by Huh ? on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 20 Mar 2014 19:30 #34
Is it true that the criteria used by optoms to decide suitability of patients for surgery is defined by OE Head Office?

Are surgeons and optoms encouraged to keep the patient uninformed of problems caused by surgeon error?
Last Edit:31 Oct 2014 20:32 by Huh ?
  • ex employee free

Posted 20 Mar 2014 16:32 #35

fedup wrote: When records are lost/altered who would be doing this, Head office or lower down the chain.

Head office, to cover up mistakes that cause legal issues.

Store to protect themselves from HO

OE have the best IT system in optics and their IT dept can easily hide and destroy any evidence that might be harmful to the business
Last Edit:20 Mar 2014 17:05 by ex employee free
  • fedup

Replied by fedup on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 20 Mar 2014 15:34 #36
When records are lost/altered who would be doing this, Head office or lower down the chain.
Last Edit:20 Mar 2014 16:25 by fedup
  • Danny
  • Danny's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by Danny on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 20 Mar 2014 14:37 #37
It's great having these concerns verified by someone on the inside, many thanks indeed for this.

It really gets to me how they OE completely disregard a person's eyesight and quality of life for financial profit. It makes me sick, I could never knowingly do something like this to someone whether money is involved or not, that these people do it without a second thought is criminal in my opinion.
Last Edit:20 Mar 2014 19:55 by Danny
  • ex employee free

Posted 20 Mar 2014 13:18 #38

Dublin wrote: If a patient is not sure about surgery, how do oe convince them, i.e, by discount offer or other means, to go ahead with it ?

Be your best friend, offer discounts that are available, if money is a major issue drop down from wavefront to standard treatment - and if that's not working change the prescription to a lower prescription so price is cheaper. Then put it back to what it was before.

If you are under pressure and nervous you will go with the flow, whereas if you think about it over a period of time you would have doubts and that's why when you book they tell you to go home, don't think about it "we will take care of everything"

Get the booking by any means necessary
Last Edit:31 Oct 2014 20:28 by ex employee free
  • Dublin
  • Dublin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Dublin on topic Ex OE employee: ask me a question!

Posted 20 Mar 2014 13:12 #39
Hi and may I say, thanks for your honesty,

If a patient is not sure about surgery, how do oe convince them, i.e, by discount offer or other means, to go ahead with it ?
by Dublin
  • ex employee free

Posted 20 Mar 2014 09:53 #40
Yes a lot of people are put through that should not as it is revenue rather than care to the business, also for the optom and counsellor. Optoms will change prescriptions and other info if the patient is eager for surgery.

There is a 85% suitable target, 80% booking target, 80% wavefront target, 60% intralase target, and a AOV target of £2000

We used to fill out the questionnaire to make sure 99% of patients on the survey recommend OE

OE training motto: 'People buy people'
Last Edit:31 Oct 2014 20:25 by ex employee free
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount