logo6

Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee

• Clair O'Connor

Replied by Clair O'Connor on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 20 Nov 2016 13:07 #51
I've asked for all my records & they are charging me a fee to provide them as I want the consent I signed to prove the aftercare. I can't use any of the drops but they had told me the next thing they would do would be to cauterise my tear duct shut to help the dry eye but now of course they are saying they'll do nothing without more money!

I'm awaiting my records for £10 charge
Last Edit:20 Nov 2016 14:04 by Clair O'Connor
  • Joanne

Replied by Joanne on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 24 Aug 2016 14:49 #52
I had eye surgery with OE in 2007, I was told that I would have a lifetime guarantee. I am now been told that I need to pay £50 for an eye test. In the past 9 years I have never paid for an eye test with OE but I am told on the phone that it only lasted a specific length of time. This is utter rubbish. I have even been told by one of the stores if I have my original paperwork they will honor this.
DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY PAPERWORK FROM 2007 THEY CAN SHARE??
Last Edit:24 Aug 2016 14:54 by Joanne
  • yasar goraya

Replied by yasar goraya on topic Liars and thieves

Posted 18 Aug 2016 14:42 #53
Optical Express are liars and thieves, when i went for my consultation i was advised that aftercare was free - which i understood was for life - it wasn't made clear that free aftercare only lasted 24 months, they have done the same to someone else i know.

One word - AVOID.............................
Last Edit:18 Aug 2016 15:57 by yasar goraya
  • Samantha Martin

Replied by Samantha Martin on topic 2 Procedures and still need to wear glasses

Posted 09 Aug 2016 12:42 #54
I had my first Lasik procedure just 3 days after my 21st birthday, on 8 November 2010, performed by Dr Khalid Khan.
I was told at the the time that all my aftercare was free and that if I needed more treatments then they would be covered by my lifetime guarantee. So, three years later, when my eyes had deteriorated, I had Lasek treatment under the ‘lifetime aftercare guarantee' on 19 September 2013.
Now again - only three years later - I still can't see properly. I called OE to make an appointment and was told that I would have to pay £50 for this as their aftercare terms have changed.
At this appointment I was told that my vision has deteriorated and that if I want LES again I would need to pay.
This is not what I agreed to because in 2010, when I paid more than £2000 for surgery, I was promised that I would get free lifetime aftercare. So now, not only have I wasted a lot of money, but the side effects I’m left with mean I cannot drive at night, have dry eyes - sometimes so bad that my eyelids won’t open, and I’m told I have to pay for more surgery or wear glasses again!
Last Edit:10 Aug 2016 12:38 by Samantha Martin
  • jen

Replied by jen on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 22 Jul 2016 14:55 #55
Exactly the same thing has just happened to me. I had lens replacement surgery in 2012 and have complained of glare and haloes etc since. They always told me to be patient and things would resolve. Now they say I need Yag laser for post capsular opacification and want to charge me £395 per eye. I had always been led to believe that any tweaking would be free so have now asked to be referred to the NHS . I no longer trust them and regret having the surgery.
by jen
  • Patricia Hackett

Replied by Patricia Hackett on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 12 Jul 2016 22:05 #56
Hi
I too had lens replacement under the care of Optical Express in 2013 and was happy with the outcome. I was informed that I might later require another procedure but there would be no further payment required.

Last year I had a YAG laser capsulotomy which took less than five minutes and restored my hazy vision immediately, at no extra cost, as I had been told. In fact, no cost has ever been mentioned for follow-up, etc.

At the time I was told there was a build up in my right eye which the surgeon may correct at the same time. However, this wasn't considered bad enough, and I was checked again earlier this year when the eye was still OK (no mention of money was made) and advised to return in six weeks.

I went this week, the eye has worsened and they want to see me again in a month. I'd never seen this optometrist before and he asked me if payment had been mentioned to me, to which I replied no, as I was told all aftercare would be provided without cost for life. I was quite taken aback as the initial cost was quite substantial (paid on finance) and and I assured him that I wouldn't have had the lens replacement done if further monies were to be paid as I certainly couldn't afford it.

I have spoken with Customer Services who have referred me to the original Terms & Conditions whereby it states cover for only one year. This is a disgrace as it was never pointed out to me and certainly I was informed, on more than one occasion, that no further costs would occur. I informed them that my left eye was corrected by YAG last year and no cost was mentioned and she couldn't answer how that had happened!!!

An advice would be truly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.
Last Edit:12 Jul 2016 23:46 by Patricia Hackett
  • Jemma

Replied by Jemma on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 23 Jun 2016 12:54 #57
Had laser eye surgery twice, first time in 2010 then again in 2012 - i have been back so many times saying I CANNOT SEE CLEARLY. They give so many excuses, say I have 20 20 vision and that its just dry eyes, have had some many different drops and solutions over the years all of which have been a pain to use and also did nothing to help! I went back today and now they have decided my eyesight is getting worse, said I can buy some glasses or get laser again, they said it wouldn't be as expensive as last time, so i thought OK few hundred pounds i might just pay, but no they want £595 per eye - which is the price that some people pay first time around! If i do end up having to pay again I certainly won't be going back to OE - not getting another penny out of me!! :(
Last Edit:23 Jun 2016 14:51 by Jemma
  • jaki

Replied by jaki on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 03 Jun 2016 17:49 #58
This is a shortened version of my experience….

In 2003 I had lasik eye surgery at the NEWCASTLE branch of Optical Express
In 2005 I was back to wearing specs and had to have surgery done again - but in 2008 I was still wearing specs.
At the start of 2016 I had really bad headaches and was experiencing terrible vision.
I must admit I was very frightened and called OE to make an appointment for a check up. I was told the cost would be £50 - I thought I had free aftercare!!

On 22 March I asked for a copy of my contract and medical records to see if this was correct, because in 2008 I was so disgusted with this company I shredded all correspondence.
They told me I had to pay £10 for my contract and would send me an invoice. Two months later no invoice and when I called OE it turned out they'd sent it to a non existent address!
I finally received my medical records on 26 May - but NO CONTRACT!!!

Would you be able to help me please as I don’t know how or what to do to try and get my money back!!!
by jaki
  • Anonymous

Replied by Anonymous on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 26 May 2016 18:07 #59
I called Optical Express today to pay the £10 invoice they sent me for the release of my records only to be told that if I want a copy of my contract and T&C's that I need to pay £50. Not happy - again!
Last Edit:26 May 2016 20:35 by Anonymous
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic December 2008 Lifetime Promise!

Posted 25 May 2016 13:11 #60
This was given to a patient who underwent surgery in 2009 :kiss:

Optical Express Lifetime Promise, December 2008:

'All necessary care and treatment following your laser vision correction procedure at Optical Express is provided free of charge and for life, subject to our Promise Terms'

Last Edit:25 May 2016 17:02 by admin
Attachments:
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount